It is Global Warming Comrade!!

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Re: It is Global Warming Comrade!!

Post by Col_Travis »

I just read that our current Solar Storm is comming to an end, with the exeption of a few rouge solar flares global warming thoughout the solar system should be subsiding slightly exept Mercury, Venus, Hollywierd and Al Gores Head. |O
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

I just read today that a grad student at WSU-Vancouver has found a 36% increase of methane gas when water levels are lowered and raised at dams! Beavers on the menu!!!
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Its not 36%, its 36 fold. Meaning 36 TIMES ......and the eco line goes methane has 25 TIMES the "global warming" effect of carbon....
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

So beavers off the menu?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Hard to say,one ecolon group might say so, another might say "kill the beavers,save the world from BGW" (Beaver global warming).
Chuckle TM
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

I try and do my part, I eat beef (they produce a lot of methane gas) and if I must, I'll eat bever. I'd like to know whatever happend to hydrogensulfide gas and acid rain?
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

About 2 weeks ago it snowed I'm south africa. Global warming my "donkey"
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Climate change means "the climate changed". Just because there are unusual colds in some areas doesn't discount having unusually hot weather in other areas (such as the central US this year).

http://www.skepticalscience.com/Record- ... arming.htm
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Have you seen the new definition of extreme weather the agw crowd in now peddling ?A mild day in winter is now extreme weather......A cool day in summer the same....Seems they were laughed at too much about their recent nonsensical claims about increasing extreme weather,and so are trying to redefine the meaning to fit their cause.
:lol:

Gone is the day, for them at least,when extreme actually meant extreme.Now for them,its just means "deviation from the exact norm". :lol:
---
What happened to the old scares ?They currently fail to induce following and panic,so theyve been put aside for now.Dont worry,when agw finally dies,those not thrown in jail for fraud will be peddling the next eco-apoclypse.My moneys on world famine and overpopulation.
---

Its all very much like watching a monty python episode.Only in this case ,those in scene arent acting, they really are that way.
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

http://www.skepticalscience.com/evidenc ... arming.htm

Have you ever gone to that site to "debunk" their claims instead of pontificating here? I would assume on that site there would be people with opposing views to yours and time/care enough to debate it with you. This thread is little more than a monologue with the odd comment from the audience.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

for someone who doesnt care to "debate",you sure post in here a lot.....especially how about you dont have the time to participate in this thread.

And yes, ive been to that site.Unfortunately theres the extremely slim chance,they will someday, post something thats not rubbish on the topic,so visiting it for someone whos actually interested in the arguments is kinda unavoidable.

Ive also visited Carrier Clinic a few times ,yet i have no desire to try and talk the guy with the funny hair out of thinking the voices he hears (non specific example) are from real people.

As for the thread, as has been mentioned each time you bring up how much you want to close it,its your forum.
Chuckle TM
fool
General

Post by fool »

Generally speaking, threads have more than one person commenting. Clearly there's nobody on here with both the time and inclination to peddle an opposing view to your own. Honestly, I wonder why you bother: hearing a single viewpoint is not particularly informative, and trotting out a single viewpoint with no opposition can't be any fun for you.

The time it takes to post this is nothing compared to the time it takes to thoroughly research and genuinely understand the issue, which I'm sure would take at least a year or so of dedicated study (unless you already have expertise on a similar subject of course). It certainly can't be gleaned from reading articles by journalists now and then. In other words, it's one thing to "debate" but another thing, which requires far more time, to actually know what you're talking about. As a full time game developer with no background in science AFAIK, I'm not surprised Chris can't find the time.
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

New study finds
► The overall global temperature change sequence of events appears to be from 1) the ocean surface to 2) the land surface to 3) the lower troposphere.

► Changes in global atmospheric CO2 are lagging about 11–12 months behind changes in global sea surface temperature.

► Changes in global atmospheric CO2 are lagging 9.5-10 months behind changes in global air surface temperature.

► Changes in global atmospheric CO2 are lagging about 9 months behind changes in global lower troposphere temperature.

► Changes in ocean temperatures appear to explain a substantial part of the observed changes in atmospheric CO2 since January 1980.

► CO2 released from use of fossil fuels have little influence on the observed changes in the amount of atmospheric CO2, and changes in atmospheric CO2 are not tracking changes in human emissions.

The above follows nicely another recent study that concluded

► infrared radiation from greenhouse gases is incapable of warming the oceans, only shortwave radiation from the Sun is capable of penetrating and heating the oceans and thereby driving global surface temperatures.

► Infrared radiation from 'greenhouse gases' causes evaporative cooling of the oceans rather than heating

►Even if 'greenhouse gases' were capable of heating the oceans, the ocean heat capacity is so immense that there would be no significant change in ocean temperature
Chuckle TM
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

In the 1970's it was Sulfur emitions that were watched along with acid rain caused by coalfired powerplants. Once China started to industialize everything changed to Carbon emisions and we were forced to ignore everything else! The comany I work fore when I not in the service of the crown, developed a sulfure free gas 10yrs ago reducing sulfur emissions.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

New study on scientific fraud finds its still growing.Now at over a 10 fold increase since 1975,with roughly 2 out of every 3 retracted ( 67 per cent), stemming from misconduct.
An online news service sponsored by the world’s premier scientific association unwittingly promoted a study making the false claim that catastrophic global warming would occur within nine years
The study, by an NGO based in Argentina, claimed the planet would warm by 2.4C by 2020 and projected dire consequences for global food supply.
But upon actual real review,you know, something thats supposed to be done before a paper or study gets this far,even warmists acknowledged the warming rate put forth was an impossibility.

Imagine that.......
Chuckle TM

Return to “Off Topic Comments”