Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

any good PC strategy games?

Post by killerflood »

mostly with cheats? :-) :wink:
Economically people **** on me

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Now whats the point of that? 8_

But Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday is a good strat game, and the Total War games are all great fun, got a game of both going on and 2010 at the same, ahh the joys of summer holidays, lots of free time! :-)
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Sir Edmund Burke
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

ainsworth74 wrote:Now whats the point of that? 8_

But Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday is a good strat game, and the Total War games are all great fun, got a game of both going on and 2010 at the same, ahh the joys of summer holidays, lots of free time! :-)
That's right. What is it now, you Brits get like six months vacation per year or something? :lol:

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

for the cheating- i do it for fun i dont do it to win
secondly it make the game more fun (for me not the AI :D )

hearts of iron looks like a good game but its to short of a game you got like 17 or something years to play the game come on?

"How come I have this mental image of tkobo's tanks running over these fleeing soldiers, saying 'what was that? oh, just a speed bump'... :)"
ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

Well at my school we get 8 weeks in the summer, 4 weeks in the winter, 3 weeks in easter, and 3 half term breaks of a week. So thats 18 weeks or 4 months and 2 weeks.

Im not complaining! :-)

(Even with so mutch time off i still did rather well in my exams, so dont start balming all this lovley time off on the failing of the young wippersnappers! :wink: )
hearts of iron looks like a good game but its to short of a game you got like 17 or something years to play the game come on?
Well you get 17 years, and every week of those years and every hour of those weeks, a full game can take a very long time in the realy world!

Try one of civ games, civ 4 or even sid meirs alpha centari old now, but i still love and its also what i cut my stratagy teeth on.

Sir Edmund Burke
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

And theres always the mod that lets you set the end game time.So you can play alot more years.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

the civ series never caught on with me no really good tactics or action.
i was a favorite of superpower 2 for a while

ainsworth74
Colonel

Post by ainsworth74 »

then I would suggest the total war series, they have action, tactics and also take a very long time!

Sir Edmund Burke
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

tkobo wrote:And theres always the mod that lets you set the end game time.So you can play alot more years.
The Armegeddon mod goes to 1963. I just started a game this weekend. I should finish by the time SR2030 comes out. :lol:

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

thx for the info about the mod i might look into it if there is a demo ill try it

bungle
Warrant Officer

Post by bungle »

Talon soft eastern and western front are great military games, if you get a version not bugged. In mine something has gone haywire and i cant shoot enemy tanks. More tactics than strategy, but one of the best military battle sims ever to me.

Most of my old favorites no longer work with the more modern OS so no use to you.

If you want an old RPG for a laugh try the old classic fallout , Fallout2 and Fallout Tactics series.
He either fears his fate too much, Or his desserts are small, Who dares not put it to the touch, To win or lose it all.
RosenMcStern
Warrant Officer

Post by RosenMcStern »

If you like fantasy games with lots of orcs and other buggers hanging around, I am a big fan of the Age of Wonders series. It is much older than Supreme Ruler and still played on Gamespy. One warning: the AoW AI attended the same school as the SR2010 AI :-)
killerflood
Brigadier Gen.

Post by killerflood »

errrrrrr yeah...........

bad AI is out i dislike a game that has a sucky AI (yes superpower has sort of bad ai but multiplayer is still going unlike 2010)

P.S. tried it didnt like it but would still like to hear more strategy games that are good but dont rip your computer in half :-)

Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Try Dominions 3. Not very graphic intense game but it has great 'one more turn' addictiveness in it.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Dominions 3 (pretty sure that the latest version i have) is a good game, id reccomend it also.

Just dont expect to be wowed by graphics ,instead embrace the gameplay and i think most strat players will find it likeable
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM

Return to “Off Topic Comments”