Supreme Commander anyone?

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Empier4552
General

Supreme Commander anyone?

Post by Empier4552 »

So I've been playing with the demo and bought the game as well (Installing now). Has anyone thought of getting the game? Its got 'true' Dual Monitor support which is something I never really tired with SR2010 (Maybe its time to go try).

Anyhow I thought alot about SR when I look at Supreme Ruler. Although its battle focused and more C&C LIke Interface wise I felt as if Supreme Ruler could learn a bit from it especially in regards to dual monitors and how they used the secondary for a tac map or second screen (You can zoom all the way into action on either screen or all the way out) it's great for building base or dealing with one area and another so you can heavy manage both battles. Alternately asmost do you can have an overall view of the area and a focused view. Again something helpful in SR2010 where i scrolled immensely from point a to b.

Just a few observations. I've been quite busy lately and thus haven't kept up with the new SR development but im trying to keep tabs as I can.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

We where all gathered around David's computer on Tuesday looking at the demo on his two monitors ;)

Haven't really looked long enough myself to have an opinion, but we do of course watch the whole industry.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Indeed. It is quite fun at first i was a bit slow as i skipped tutorials/manuals etc but the queue system and automation options are great (albeit as with every game there are irritating imperfections).

Anyhow between that and old replays of SR2010 i think im held down until 2020 Heh.
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

It looks well done, but too futuristic for my personal tastes.

Regards,
Feltan
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Re: Supreme Commander anyone?

Post by Fistalis »

If i could necro this thread for a minute.
Would love to see the minimap removed and placed on a second monitor at full size. for the SR series of games. Along with some other select UI bits and peices. Maybe have all your advisors staring at you from the second monitor, while maintaning the normal play area on the first monitor. Only reason i played SC much was the neato factor of actually supporting 2 monitors in a way that doesn't just split the view in half over them.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace

Return to “Off Topic Comments”