Galatic Ruler?

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

Never having played MOO1, I always consider MOO2 one of the best of the genre. Very replayible. Also kind of liked ST:TNG Birth of the Federation. Would have been better if the Hex grid from the later SFC games and had SFC IIIs ability to modify ships.

I will not be able to emphasis this enough, for such a game you absolutely have to allow the players to design/modify there ships.
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

- David
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

2004? What? :-?
Son of Moose
Colonel

Post by Son of Moose »

Possibly the originally intended release date for SR2010? :-?
aegisx
Colonel

Post by aegisx »

That page does not work well in firefox. Had to read the source :)
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

That page does not work well on so many levels :-)

Yes, way back, in the mists of history, SR2010 was to be released in late 2002, and Galatic Ruler in 2004... clearly we haven't editied the Galactic Ruler page since then :oops:

In the time since then, SR2010 became a much more comprehensive, detailed project, and there is still so much more we can do with the Supreme Ruler game engine. Also in that time, Galactic Civilizations was released, and now GalCiv 2 is planned - raising the bar in the "Galactic" category (just as I think we're raising the bar in the "wargame/world domination strategy" category).

Bottom line is that Galactic Ruler is not going to see the light of our sun any time in the near future :-?

-- George.
Ironhand
Corporal

Post by Ironhand »

Always wanted to see TSR's Star Empires on a computer. I never really got into it because of all the paperwork you had to keep track of.

http://www.grognard.com/reviews/starprob.txt

Review covers Star Probe and Star Empires.

Return to “Off Topic Comments”