ARRGGHHHHH ! I sooooo need a new game !

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

ARRGGHHHHH ! I sooooo need a new game !

Post by tkobo »

I like the close combat series,the total war series,the steel panthers series,the Talonsoft series,rpgs,realistic 1rst person shooters,realistic flight sims,etc...

The more realistic a game is ,the more i tend to like it.The more involved a game is,the more i tend to like it.

I dislike Civ,AoE,Warcraft,C&C,quake, etc... style games.

Anyone got some suggestions ?
Flame
Sergeant

Post by Flame »

Rome: Total War is going to be out "soon". The moderators are 'estimating' by the end of the month. There's a demo that's out.
http://www.totalwar.com/community/rome.htm

Demo:
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/144640.shtml

This game here is going to be alot like the Total war games, but it's not going to be out for another year or 2.
http://www.eidosinteractive.com/gss/leg ... opsis.html

I know your probably looking for something "now" but that's the best I have at the moment :cry:
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Thanks, ive played the rome total war demo- though i couldnt get the roman patch to work right-kept crashing.

I pay for the download service from file planet,so i get the demos as soon as they come out-unless i somehow miss one.

I added Imperial Glory to my fav list-games to watch folder.Looks fun.

Hunt goes on :(
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

From the makes of 688 Hunter Killer and Sub Command commes a new sim called Dangerous Waters:
http://www.scs-dangerouswaters.com/

It might take till Q4 until this game is out however,but Im sure it is worth the wait.
You might consider buying Sub Command too for a reasonable price.

If you like WW2 sims more and happen to have a good ammount of patience too :wink: wait (2005 no less) for:
http://www.silent-hunteriii.com/uk/home.php

And another sim from WW2 I can very much recommend is IL2 Forgotten Battles.
It is the second part of the IL2 Sturmovik series and since it is a little older now you should also get it for a reduced price.

Another quite realistic "shooter" (or should I rather say infantry,helicopter,ship and tank sim (!) ) is Operation Flashpoint...that is if you dont have that already.
This game is a modders dream and the thousands of custom made units (ranging from handguns to nukes) speak for the fans love and devotion for the game.
It has always been on my harddrive every since.
However it is quite advisible to buy the second Add-On called Flashpoint:Resistance since it improves the netcode by a great ammount.

Here is the site:
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/

And if realistic RPGs means you want a sophisticated damage modell instead of hitpoints check out and download this:
http://www.bay12games.com/armok.htm

Still pretty alpha but available and for free.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Flashpoint is a great game, i have the GotY edition(came with both expansions).Cant wait for Flashpoint2.

I need something new though,preferrably asap :P
tinjaw
Warrant Officer

Post by tinjaw »

tkobo wrote:I need something new though,preferrably asap :P
Send me a PM and I will make some suggestions. If you want something realistic and ASAP I would suggest taking a look at any of the games from Matrix and used the digital download option.
Flame
Sergeant

Post by Flame »

*sniff sniff*

We're not good enough to hear suggestions for new games I guess :cry: We dont deserve new games.... *pouts and sulks* :cry:
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Unfortunately im getting ready for work,after a whole 5 hours of sleep :evil: since my last shift, so i can't take too much time to look now.

Thanks by the way, I dont think i knew Matrix had a digital download section.Im all for digital download purchases.
Ill give it a look.
tinjaw
Warrant Officer

Post by tinjaw »

Flame wrote:*sniff sniff*

We're not good enough to hear suggestions for new games I guess :cry: We dont deserve new games.... *pouts and sulks* :cry:
It's not that. It is just that choosing a game depends on personal taste and I don't want to spam a public forum with what would be basically a conversation only of interest to tkobo.

If you want some suggestions for games based on your own tastes, send me a PM and I would be happy to make some suggestions to you as well.
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

But Tinjaw there is already a thread about politics out there...you know what they say about opinions...I dont see why opinions about games would smell worse than opinions about politics.

And besides I guess that all people reading this forum are in some way interested in computer games.
And maybe they are looking for a new game too...and maybe you have got the information they need to go into the shop buy a game and be happy.
Or at least have aquired the knowledge that there is a game in development which is worth waiting for in case the game is in development.
Maybe they could even have a place in the beta.

It was quite a coincidence when I got the link to "Superpower" from the Moo3 forum.
Some dude just opened a thread to tell us about a game that we might come to like...and while browsing the Superpower forum later I had the luck that someone gave me a link about Supreme Ruler 2010.

Tkobo,
have you heard about Phase Exodus and Shadow Vault?
They might be interesting canidates too.

A realistic involved RPG...perhaps you should try out this:
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=278
Its not new though.

Did you try out Deus Ex BTW?
A semi-realistic RPG/Shooter.
There arent "stats" but Implants and the choices you make in the game also give you a good roleplaying experience.
And the story is extremly good and very involving.

Stay away of Deus Ex 2 however :(
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

deus ex *sigh*
i love that game
i was happily waiting for dx2... but then they dumbed it down for console users.
grrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRrrrr
Missiles!! Nukes!
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Thanks Juergen,
Phase: Exodus looks very promising.I dont think I'd even heard about it.
It doesnt help me now of course,but it made my fav list of games to watch.
I played Darklands a long time ago.i think i still have it on 5 1/4 disks in one of the storage drawers.

Ive never played Dues Ex.I know thats odd for me since i like shooters and rpgs.I dont know why.

Okay, i just bought Dues Ex GotY online :D . Wont get it for a few days though. :(

Im watching Shadow Vault,not sold on it yet though.A few things bother me about this game,even though its one I "should " be happy with.Main thing is all the screens ive seen of the game show a VERY small amount of map area on the screen at a given time.If theres a way to zoom out some and see more of the map on the screen at a given time id be much happier with the game.
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

sudjestion: read EVERYTHING in that game, as there is more than just you threading their way around that world. its a great game, i have only one problem with it is that the 5.56 AR is MUCH weaker than my pistol... that AR is the uselessest weapon i have ever come across in a game.
the music is great in DX, truly great
Missiles!! Nukes!
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

"Okay, i just bought Dues Ex GotY online . Wont get it for a few days though."

Good choice :)

As far as a replacement for Fallout 3 is concerned...Im afraid that no one will manage to really create a new "Fallout".
To tell you the truth Im also not sold on either Shadov Vault or Phase:Exodus or Metalheart or The Fall.
All of these titles seem to have one or less obvious flaws.
And if Bethseda will make a better Fallout just because they happen to have the lince is also very questionable for a number of reasons.

Maybe I can interest you in some little bits of information I picked up about Metalheart and Phase:Exodus.

Metallheart

-There is no character generation. Sorry
„– all that standart RPG stuff”
-cause we have about 600 implants
-For this case we have additional quests, made by quest generator. These quests are less sophisticated, more straightforward (it’s obvious), but the variety is impressive.
“so we don’t hesitate to say that the game in a whole is not ‘brilliantly original title’ and the crap like that”
-“We aim at about 70 hours of gameplay”
-“You have complete control over them” (Party Members).
-“Q: Can you start a fight with anything at any time? a la FO1/2?
A: Yes. With some restrictions, of course, but in general, yes.”
-“a mutant full of useful implants is in the end not very different from a cyborg.”
-“In general, there are 800 different items/weapons and implants in the game”
-“A week ago, I crossed all the levels in god mode. It took about 8 hours to run through”

Phase:Exodus

-any ways to interact with the gameworld; e.g. entering houses through windows, many kinds of "quiet killing", constructing weapons and equipment, many tactical solutions, hard social interaction, etc.
-more than 150 kinds of weapons.
- Exodus world, there are four characters. The player is able to choose one in the beginning of the game
- In most cases, there is another possible decision; you can, instead of killing somebody for some item, steal it, make it yourself, or buy it.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Wow, very nice again Juergan. Thank you. Metalheart has also just made my games to watch folder.It seems familiar to me, but i didnt have a link/Now i do :D

Phase:Exodus -The more i read about this game the more it reminds me of another game in my to watch folder called -S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
In the good ways no less :D

Return to “Off Topic Comments”