ARRGGHHHHH ! I sooooo need a new game !

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Yes, i got it.Im still playing.I didnt get to start it til recently as i was waiting for my main machine to be diagnosed,fixed, and returned.

I have mixed feelings on it so far.I like the story so far, i like the fact that your char can "overhear" conversations about things the speakers dont want him to know.I like the stealth component.I like the char interaction with npcs.I like most of the maps so far.I like the hidden sidequests.I love the amount of info available in the game about things happening.I dont think ive read this much in a game in a LONG time.

I have ease dropped outside quite a few rooms so far :P

The combat is kinda a pain though,my aim is extremely bad even though im "trained" in the weapon.Head shots are very hard,even with a trained char and the sniper rifle.
Also i always seem to be out of ammo :evil:
And the AI is very stupid :evil:

But, id say overall it was a very good call and im enjoying it.Thanks for recommending it.
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

Hmmm yes ammo isnt so easy to get,you should always carry at least two different weapons.
Remember that ammo doesnt take up space,unlike weapons.
You also certainly have seen some weapons upgrades by now,use them wisely for a good accuracy and more damage pay off by not using so much ammo.

And I also should point out that some weapons just arent as usefull as others.
My favourites are the Sniper rifle and the standard pistol,both weapons have the abililty to inflict deadly damage to a standard opponent at once when aimed for the head.

The shotguns only seem to be usefull when using the AT ammo against bots.
Against humans there are better choices.

And the grenades of the assault rifle are too rare to make the weapon more valuable,for the regular shot just doesnt do enough damage.

The flamethrower is only usefull in situations where there are many opponents in a small room,but the GEP gun can also use white phosphor rounds against masses of humans while still being usefull against heavy bots.

The explosives can be used against both humans and bots.

Remember that if you leave a level the stuff lying around is likely gone for good.
Try to use the resources which you find lying around.

As to the story...just wait until you have finished the game once and then you will love the story and the characters :wink:
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

Some news for RPG fans:

The Metalheart demo has been released...try it out and say what you think.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

The only site that is said to have the demo, is a polish site on which I cant find the demo :cry:

Do you have a link to another site OR the download link for the demo on that site ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Thanks, that worked. I should have it in about 5 minutes :D
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

The "demo" turns out to be illegal:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/

I was certainly shocked by the ammount of bugs and the ammount of unfinished things in the demo.
Im quite glad to hear that this isnt what to expect from the game.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Well, that explains alot.
BUT i still kinda like the game.Its got ALOT of potential.I was very pleased to see the map areas both show on screen and moveable to off screen were larger than had appeared in the previews.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Ignore this post unless you want to read me being dumb :)

Upon a new try the gep gun did indeed blow open the lockers sovling problem.
I have no idea why it didnt the first time i tried my weapons on it.Only thing i can think of is I somehow missed the area i needed to hit to blow them open .I didnt spray the area, just shot at one spot.Maybe that spot was just out of aoe damage range to blow the lockers ?

okay, on Deus Ex.
I have to fail the game.------

It appears i am screwed in the mission where I have to turn off the weapon lock for the helicopter so it can escape.

I have gone over the map more times than i care to remember.
There are more than a few lockers i cant open becuase i dont have any lock picks left.Each locker requires 2 lock picks-there are at least 3 of them.

I have gotten into flight control 1- but cant get into flight control 2

Nothing i do-including turning off the weapons lock in flight control 1
has any effect on the weapons lock.

I can only assume that i need to get into flight control 2 in order to turn it off there also.
But i dont have a key, the door is "Inf" -ie unpickable.

After a few days trying I went out and read some walkthrus for this mission.
Apparently the only way to complete this mission is to unlock a certain locker and get the key to the flight control 2 room.

But since i have NO lockpicks( searching the entire map- i am able to find 1)- and the locker requires 2 lockpicks to open .-I am screwed.
Now i assume that a LAM would also work, but i dont have one of those either.

So basically im very far into the game and cannot finish it becuase I dont have the equipment required to finish it and the equipment required to finish it is not availble on the level i need it, to finish it.

So, though i have enjoyed the game thus far.
This is a game breaker.
Real shame.
But i would NOT reccomend this game.
Last edited by tkobo on Nov 24 2004, edited 1 time in total.
India 51A
Captain

Post by India 51A »

I think the next game I will be buying will be Sonalysts Dangerous Waters, it's due out Fall 2004, so anytime now, you can check it out using the link below.

http://www.battlefront.com/products/dw/index.html
"It is well that war is so terrible.
We should grow too fond of it."

Robert E. Lee
Battle of Fredericksburg,
13 December 1862
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

Fear not tkobo :wink:

This walktrough you mentioned forgot one little detail that will help you:
To open the locker you will need to destroy it BUT you dont need explosives...you may have noticed a sword lying around the barracks.

Equip it and smash all lockers,that should do it if I remember correctly.
If this doesnt do it use your guns.

However:
"This is a game breaker.
Real shame. "

No lockpicks and no LAMs,well thats a situation you shouldnt be getting into.
There are many ways to open doors (or skulls) and a good portion of
Deus Ex is "item managemenr".
Always try to use things like TNT boxes,crates and so on to your advantage.
LAMs are usefull in many ways to try to save them up for a situation in which you really need them and cant use anything other.
And also should you spend your money when there is a way to get either a lockpick or tool,the quest situations which involve money can always be solved in a different way.
So far I cant remember any situation which absolutely require you to have money.

But for now I recommend loading a savegame where you still have plenty of lockpicks and tools.

Im not sure if Dangerous Waters will leave the shore this year,it is certainly a very promising game.
Battlefront however only sells the game online..
.which means trouble for me :x
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

I didnt try the swords, but i hit the lockers with every gun i have.
I emptied a full clip of plasma on the lockers,it didnt do anything but leave nice scorch marks.The assualt shotgun also didnt do anything but leave cosmetic holes and the Gep gun rockets didnt work either.

The door i need to get thru is "infinite str" so it cant be forced open.

Ive been low or out of equipment all game.One person i spoke with siad its because i didnt do the training mission at the beginning.Apparently you can reallly load up your char in that with lock picks, tools, etc...
But as its been for me-ive been out of or extremely low on picks,tools, and ammo( i carry 4 guns now and still go empty) most of the game.
I really have to pick what to open and what not- so far its not been a real problem as there has been enough eqiup on the levels to get by, that and lots of work arounds.

The amount of work arounds-ways to avoid things in the game -is astounding.
On the level i cant finish,ive found a back door tunnel into every single room but the last one i need to get into.

Im really not fond of going back and redoing a level :(
Chuckle TM
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

"I didnt try the swords, but i hit the lockers with every gun i have. "

I know that at least some lockers are vulnrable to raw physical damage,but some are not and with important items in them you might be out of luck.
If you tried the GEP gun then a LAM wouldnt have helped too.
There is no harm in trying out the sword though,it might be possible that it does a lot of pinpoint damage,and its for free anyway.

"Ive been low or out of equipment all game"

Do you mean ammo or tools and lockpicks?
In the later case always try to upgrade your security skills so that you can hack locks and computers more effiecently and use up less of these resources.
These skills can be even more important than weapons skills ,there a few ways to kill 5 guys with one shot but it is possible to hack the same lock with only the half of lockpicks.
What weapons do you use?

"One person i spoke with siad its because i didnt do the training mission at the beginning"

Save yourself the time,as far as I know you dont take anything over from the training.

"Im really not fond of going back and redoing a level "

I cant think of anything to prevent this now but let me tell you that even if you believe that "basically im very far into the game" there are a whole lot of cool twists in the story waiting for you :wink:
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Okay, i cant explain it -except maybe me being dumb :(

I was told that a LAM would indeed work and that my GEP rocket gun should also.
I went back in and tried my gep again.It worked :)

So--- im gonna edit out the above post.

I know i tried the rocket gun on the lockers becuase in a latter save- same mission im all out of rockets for it,but in the save at the beginning i have like 12 rockets.

Very odd.
I spent over 3 days going thru the tunnels in that mission trying to find a way into that room.
:(
Chuckle TM
ardem
Lieutenant

Post by ardem »

I played that game a long time ago, buggered if I can remember the details, at the moment I waiting to upgrade my computer to play the rest of dues ex 2 as it get so laggy in the final stages, I think that after playing dues ex too the original one was better or felt more open.

I feel too squished in the second game, actually the second game feel more like system shock 2.

Return to “Off Topic Comments”