ARRGGHHHHH ! I sooooo need a new game !

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: ARRGGHHHHH ! I sooooo need a new game !

Post by tkobo »

This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Defenatly see the suxbox movment and control limitations in the videos. And it is very annoying to me when doors close automaticaly. I also dont like it not being sandbox mode, really seems like a good ole sandbox mode would increase the gameplay, Map seems small (but this is probly a suxbox limitation). And of course no Multiplayer.

on the plus side its a zombie game. Might not be worth launch day price, but could be worth a play when you see it for 50 percent off.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Not a fan of nipperboxs...also not a fan of the combat as shown....BUT the game looks like an improved version of fort zombie,which is a good thing.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

This might have been the first christmas (since i started playing pc games),in which i neither bought a pc game for someone,nor received one ....
Chuckle TM
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Was this becouse you guys already got all the games you wanted, or becouse none of the new tittles seemed good enough?

Myself I did give out a few games. Although most people dont buy games for me becouse they already asume I have the ones I want already.

There has been several releases the last few months that have been good. In no particular order:

Planetside 2. Free to play, not a huge fan of the FTP, but it seems to be working for the game, you cannot buy your win. I love FPS's and I love MMO's so bringing both to you just seems right.

FarCry 3. Game looks great. gameplay is good, Story seems there, (although I am off on a safari while my friends are being held captive, some how I dont think they will like it when they find out billy died becouse I was off hunting rare white tiger).

Hitman Absoultion. After playing Blood Money (I loved that game) I exspected more from the next game. While absolution is a good game, it feels like it is missing somthing that blood money had.

I also picked up two older tittles during the steam sale.

Tropico 4. While I have been interested in this tittle in the past, I had never been interested in it enough to purchase it at full price. But at 80 percent off, figured even if I did not like it, it was a safe enough purchase. I have had allot of fun with it. I call it my happy game becouse the constant sound of upbeat music just keeps you in a happy mood.

Faster Than Light. I have seen this game many times, very simplistic, But the reviews have all been good. I have kinda avoided it for some unknown reason. but during the steam sale, picking it up for 3 bucks seemed like I could not loose. I now have 32 hours into the game. Or rather 9 cents per hour, Now thats value.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

A bit of both and more.

There was nothing new retail wise any of us wanted,and last year we had gone very deep into pre-release purchases just to have something new to play.So we couldnt even get worked up over pre-retail titles.
Chuckle TM
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

Arma 3 is doing pre-order, get access to alpha, starting on march 5th (alpha starts that day too). Been waiting for this game a while so going to be a definate, despite steam, and it will save me money compared to full price later.
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

To anyone NOT watching the EA simcity meltdown,take a few minutes pull up a seat and find a few articles to follow...
Chuckle TM
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

tkobo wrote:To anyone NOT watching the EA simcity meltdown,take a few minutes pull up a seat and find a few articles to follow...
I was going to buy that, glad I didn't so now I can sit back and laugh at it, and am now considering getting cities xl, which apparently is a lot better
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Notice that Metacritic still gives it a 71. |O
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

Company of Heroes 2 is coming out June 2013
Last edited by notus on Mar 09 2013, edited 1 time in total.
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Yea I have heard about sim city having some issues. Its also a game I had planned on geting this week when I got home, but with so many people having issues with it. I think I might have to pass for now.

Instead will probly go for Arma 3, and thinking about maybe trying out Armada 2526.
mageworld
Sergeant

Post by mageworld »

lines 99 :)
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

For the last week I have been playing the most unlikely game. Farming Simulator 2013, from Giants software. Decide which crop to grow when and/or should I raise Cows or Sheep, maybe both? Really want that nice large combine, but oh, it is 400K with attachments. Hmm, canola about to wither, better start harvesting pronto! :)

Really looking forward to multiplayer with another farmer.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “Off Topic Comments”