ARRGGHHHHH ! I sooooo need a new game !

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Thats where i killed her,on the airplane.
I was gonna just kill her outright without speaking to her and had started my usual gas than boom grenade tactics and then the text started between.
I wish i had acted sooner to save that npc, but it all happened kind of fast.
So she died during the text phase where shes berating me for not killing the npc.
Juergen
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Juergen »

"I was also by the way, able to kill the Girl borg(forget her name) and the number 2 bad guy borg(Howard Strong? ) during the conversation phases."

Anna Navarre is free game relatively fast in the game but Gunther isnt "officially" destructable well until you are in Honk Kong.
In the scene with the train station ambush you are actully expected to get captured to advance the plot.

"I dont know if i succeeded or not though.The ending was very short and very non-descript"

There isnt much to be said,Alex effectively becomes a god.

None of the endings reveal too much about the future (safe perhaps one) as the second part of Deus Ex was likely supposed to catch on from there.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

"There isnt much to be said,Alex effectively becomes a god. "

Okay, but do we know if he becomes a logic driven computer like god OR a humanized god as intended by him ?
Baloogan
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Baloogan »

tkobo wrote:"There isnt much to be said,Alex effectively becomes a god. "

Okay, but do we know if he becomes a logic driven computer like god OR a humanized god as intended by him ?
play deus ex 2 to find out.
:D
:D
Missiles!! Nukes!
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

upcoming game form Mist called Alfa Antiterror looks like it's got bags of potential. It's a modern era squad based tactical game with gameplay in similar style to Combat Mission.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Looks good.I just added it to my "to watch folder".Thanks
India 51A
Captain

Post by India 51A »

Ok, was briwsing the 'two for £25' section of a Computer Store today, and picked up Ghost Recon and remembering you guys on about Deus Ex, picked that up too. Now, does anyone recommens asite, fan or otherwise for Deus Ex.

By the way, from what I've seen so far, Ghost Recon is a far better FPS than Call of Duty: Finest Hour, (which I had to send back to play.com, as the disc appears to be faulty).
"It is well that war is so terrible.
We should grow too fond of it."

Robert E. Lee
Battle of Fredericksburg,
13 December 1862
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

If you dont have them yet, ALL of the rainbow 6 games by clancy are great and worth buying.

Also, if you dont have Operation Flashpoint -get it.Thus is THE BEST fps war sim there is.
Theres one scenario in flashpoint which has you as part of a huge (like 100+ npc) force thats attacking a position held by another huge (like 100+ npc force) and after you take it ,you have to hold it yourself vs another huge (like 100+ npc ) force that comes to retake it from you.
Helicopters,tanks, apcs,etc... all involved in the fighting.
Its hard to live thru ,but damn fun.
India 51A
Captain

Post by India 51A »

tkobo wrote:If you dont have them yet, ALL of the rainbow 6 games by clancy are great and worth buying.

Also, if you dont have Operation Flashpoint -get it.Thus is THE BEST fps war sim there is.
Theres one scenario in flashpoint which has you as part of a huge (like 100+ npc) force thats attacking a position held by another huge (like 100+ npc force) and after you take it ,you have to hold it yourself vs another huge (like 100+ npc ) force that comes to retake it from you.
Helicopters,tanks, apcs,etc... all involved in the fighting.
Its hard to live thru ,but damn fun.
Thanks for that, this is the first of the Tom Clancy games I have bought, but on first impressions, it won't be the last.

Flashpoint is quite an old game isn't it, I seem to remember it coming out quite some time ago, anyway, if it is, it won't cost so much. :D

I haven't got far in Deus Ex, I can't even get past the first training session, lol. It gets to a part where I have to unlock a door, I have the nano thingy which I picked up first, and I have two lock picks, but when I try to unlock it it says something like, it's the wrong nano thingy, or wrong code, something like that. Sorry I'm not more specific, but it's early here. :-?

Robert E. Lee
13 December 1862
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

For the dues- If you have enough lockpicks you can pick the lock.
If you have the appropriate key, you can open it with that key ring(nano thingie).
If you dont have either , look around,theres usaully some lying around.

Flashpoint is old. You can get it and both expansions for about $29 last i checked.I think the game of the year version comes with both expansions.

If you like realism in your fps and you like war settings, flashpoint is a do not miss.

You wont be able to tell it is old from the game play.Maybe from the graphics but they are still very good even for today id say.
This game was way ahead of its times.
India 51A
Captain

Post by India 51A »

Chhers, well I had a nano keyring and two lockpicks but I still couldn't open the door in training, so I abandoned it and have gone straight into the game. I'm struggling a bit in the first part of it, but it's fun so far. :)

Robert E. Lee
13 December 1862
India 51A
Captain

Post by India 51A »

Well I think I've found my 'new' game, it is in fact an old game I bought over two years ago!

About that time I decided to have a look at RPG's and bought Baldurs Gate II. I started playing it and soon got stuck in the first dungeon, didn't think much of that, so I stuck the game back on my gaming shelves and uninstalled the game.

I haven't bought, or played a RPG since, until the other night. I was a bit bored and need something new to play. I'd been looking at a 3 game box set of Neverwinter Nights in my local store but didn't buy it because of my experience with BG2. Anyway, I decided to give BG2 another chance, and boy, I really, really have got right into it!

I found a great Forum for the game, which I have linked to below. And to my delight I found out that it's very moddable and links from the Forum take you to an excellent site for the Mods. Result, some very, very late nights/early mornings playing this game. :)

Forum Link

Robert E. Lee
13 December 1862
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Im a big fan of NWNs.

Its a great game.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

Ok, my new game is Half Life 2. It was a Christmas gift from my wife. But, I'm not allowing myself to open it until after SR2010 is done. :cry:

I've heard it's pretty good. Anyone play it?
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Legend wrote: I've heard it's pretty good. Anyone play it?
Its a nice shooter.... and the graphics... woooow..

Cheers

Return to “Off Topic Comments”