ARRGGHHHHH ! I sooooo need a new game !

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: ARRGGHHHHH ! I sooooo need a new game !

Post by tkobo »

http://www.thedeadlinger.com/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ An open world,realistic,zombie survival game.
*settings to customize your play exp
*private servers allowed
*vehicles,including boats
*bigger than our earth,but much smaller water masses.Something like 350 hours at 60 miles an hour from one end to the other.
*day night cycle,and some weather
*first person
*crafting.not yet defined
*semi destructible setting.not fully defined yet
*lan or net play
*char attributes and possibly skills.not fully defined yet.Advancement of such ,not fully defined yet.Stamina is one of them.
*respawn and perma death settings
*barricading
*bunny jumping greatly discouraged by core mechanics
*multiple terrain types
*16 players current target.This may grow.

- very short days,like 2 hours of real time equals a day.BUT they say this is adjustable by setting
- water not required,though food is.Water is recommended though, as it will help prevent infection
- wont see even the alpha for about 6 more months.
- small independent company
- using kickstarter

From what ive seen,it looks about the level of fort zombie (graphics and environment wise) ,BUT with a huge open world.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

if there wasnt enough reason to avoid day z,try to install the mod.......

Installation of dayz, will bring back those long lost, and best forgotten memories of dos game installation.Installation is that bad......
Chuckle TM
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by MertcanKs »

Superpower 2.Realistic,politic and diplomatic very good.I think Supoerpower 2 better than SR 2020 and Cold War.
fool
General

Post by fool »

SP2 bored me more quickly than SR2020, and to be honest most of the boredom from 2020 was due to the game speed.
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Installation of dayz, will bring back those long lost, and best forgotten memories of dos game installation.Installation is that bad......
Yea that is the thing with arma mods that go beyound a few map tweaks. It practicaly is a dos game installation.
Superpower 2.Realistic,politic and diplomatic very good.I think Supoerpower 2 better than SR 2020 and Cold War.
I loved SP2 (and SP1) played them before the SR games. Even had allot of fun moding them. I also believe that SP did allot of things better then SR. However becouse of the crashes I ended up stop playing the game.
Sawedoff
Captain

Post by Sawedoff »

MertcanKs wrote:Superpower 2.Realistic,politic and diplomatic very good.I think Supoerpower 2 better than SR 2020 and Cold War.
Nope, wore out much quicker than SR2020.
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Since we are typing about old games, I need to bring up Shadow President again. For its time it was absolutely amazing. I wish I knew what happened to the developers of that, D.C. True. I need to find a way to play this again on current systems. But the darn things uses 3.5" disks and my comp does not have 3.5" drives anymore :(

https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

I loved SP2 (and SP1) played them before the SR games. Even had allot of fun moding them. I also believe that SP did allot of things better then SR. However becouse of the crashes I ended up stop playing the game.[/quote]
Yea.Sp 2 a lof of have mod.I think diplomacy better than SR 2020 and Cold war.Pressure have event.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

MertcanKs wrote:Superpower 2.Realistic,politic and diplomatic very good.I think Supoerpower 2 better than SR 2020 and Cold War.
I think Some of the internal political options and diplomatic options were better in SP2. But What turned me off was the way combat was simulated. I still own SP and SP2.. but haven't played them for years.

P.S. If you can track down ruges mod for SP2 its def. one of the better ones. Its actually where I heard Ruges name long before I started with SR. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
MertcanKs
Lt. Colonel

Post by MertcanKs »

Maybe Rulers Of Nations 2 better than this games :D
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Ive been a big fan of the shadowrun setting for a very long time.Even the incredibly flawed mechanics of the original pnp incarnation couldnt kill off my enthusiasm for this setting.And though it looks like this game is far far off, shadowrun online looks to have some serious promise.If your a fan of the setting.
Chuckle TM
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

So steam gave out a free gift copy of Nuclear dawn to people who already own the game. So I now have a copy to gift to somone. However all my friends who would play it already have a copy. So anyone here that wanted to play it want a copy of it? Its a FPS.
Sawedoff
Captain

Post by Sawedoff »

Ruges wrote:So steam gave out a free gift copy of Nuclear dawn to people who already own the game. So I now have a copy to gift to somone. However all my friends who would play it already have a copy. So anyone here that wanted to play it want a copy of it? Its a FPS.
I'd give it a go.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Dayz is now pretty much dead,the servers are many and barren.

A bunch of zombie survival muliplayers are on the horizon though,and some of them arent killing themselves with moronic open pvp.....
-------

The horizon however doesnt help me now.....
And im not finding anything available now, that i want to actually buy and play.....
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Fallen enchantress is officially out now...my advice wait another year.Its still unstable and buggy.And its still almost entirely about steamrolling your opponent/s.With difficultly tied directly to random starting placement and starting faction.

The dead linger is also out in pre-release alpha form.Again,wait.Though if you want to see such a game "develop" over time,its likely to provide a good view,and could be worth the low price for that experience.Theres very little working now in the release though.

Kenshi is making progress,its playable and sometimes more stable than fallen,though sometimes its less stable....Very much an update by update situation.But then,it is beta.This one id recommend.If they pull it off, a big if,its likely to be the next mount and blade.
Chuckle TM

Return to “Off Topic Comments”