Batttlegoat to release new title!

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Batttlegoat to release new title!

Post by Eldin »

I must say, I am very excited by this! I had thought the era of the Battlegoat to be pretty much over. This really made my day! I am looking forward to learn more about this project.

Let the speculations begin!
nick-bang
Colonel
Human: Yes
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Re: Batttlegoat to release new title!

Post by nick-bang »

+1
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Supreme Ruler 2050 would be good. Post Apoc, with some leaders having abilities.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

I`m hoping for a new/updated game engine, larger unit sizes (thus less units, to reduce late-game lag) and an improved AI and diplomacy system. The setting could range from anywhere from 1800s to the future. I`m certain what ever epoke they chose would be entertaining in its own way. Looking forward to more info!
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

BG always has my support.. morally.. and financially if the title interests me :lol:

I look forward to providing feedback of questionable usefulness. :D
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Thanks Fistalis, nice to hear from you :)
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

Dear BG

As one who have +2400 hours in SRU alone ... plus all the hours I had in the previous incarnations of the games staring with SR2020, Then ... THANK YOU and the rest of BG.

For keeping me entertained for more time than I care to count...

I have high hopes for the coming project, as I have lost all hopes in the Hearts of Iron series ... As I have stated - also on Steam, then I am with you including if you want to make a Patreon drive or some other crowd sourcing effort or as playtester.
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

Balthagor wrote:Thanks Fistalis, nice to hear from you :)
I'm still kickin and lurk a few times a week. Life is busy and responsibilities etc keep me more occupied than i'd prefer. My free time is very rare and divided amongst my interests and obligations. :wink:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

First off just to get it out of the way I hope there will be some option other than purchasing it on Steam for those of us that do not like Valve and friends.

Personally I hope the game will be more complex. Fields like carrier aviation and the nuclear program really feels like something that could do with an expansion. Yes it would make it more of a niche product but on the other hand it means it will be competing less with Paradox titles and fighting Paradox on their terms is probably not worth it. Also as Slitherine demonstrates with titles like Distant Worlds highly complex titles aimed at a demographic where taste means as much as price you can charge a premium and still sell.

Personally I do not mind paying more if you can deliver a product I like. I bought Distant worlds and its expansions pre-steam and in the end probably paid the equivalent of $150 total. Not saying everyone would do that but not everyone will buy niche games like this anyway and that model definitely appear to work.
For those that do not there are also that thing called sales.

Also please allow more modding options with things like the AI. With highly complex strategy games like this the AI really is critical and with a bit of luck it might be a cheap way to get continual AI improvements. If nothing else it might make the community feel less helpless when something does not work to their liking. Case in point would be the number of people that disliked the casus belli deterioration on lower volatility settings before the latest patch.

Anyway looking forward to seeing what this latest title will be.
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

The question is, will it inherit the tech tree from SR Ultimate and so will we be able to move into (or out) from the current tree with all new techs?
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040
nick-bang
Colonel

Post by nick-bang »

Nerei wrote:First off just to get it out of the way I hope there will be some option other than purchasing it on Steam for those of us that do not like Valve and friends.

Personally I hope the game will be more complex. Fields like carrier aviation and the nuclear program really feels like something that could do with an expansion. Yes it would make it more of a niche product but on the other hand it means it will be competing less with Paradox titles and fighting Paradox on their terms is probably not worth it. Also as Slitherine demonstrates with titles like Distant Worlds highly complex titles aimed at a demographic where taste means as much as price you can charge a premium and still sell.

Personally I do not mind paying more if you can deliver a product I like. I bought Distant worlds and its expansions pre-steam and in the end probably paid the equivalent of $150 total. Not saying everyone would do that but not everyone will buy niche games like this anyway and that model definitely appear to work.
For those that do not there are also that thing called sales.

Also please allow more modding options with things like the AI. With highly complex strategy games like this the AI really is critical and with a bit of luck it might be a cheap way to get continual AI improvements. If nothing else it might make the community feel less helpless when something does not work to their liking. Case in point would be the number of people that disliked the casus belli deterioration on lower volatility settings before the latest patch.

Anyway looking forward to seeing what this latest title will be.
I agree with everything Nerei writes.

A good example of what modders can do is the Black ICE mod for Hearts of Iron 3 that basically created a new and far better game .... The same modders might evene make Hearts of Iron 4 worth playing ... allthough I doubt it.

The fact of the matter is that there are a few but very highprofile modders Nerei, Zuikaku, Ruges, mikeownage and Fistalis just to mention a few .... and forgetting a lot ....
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

So today is the last day of the month. According to the latest news, more information about the game would be released at the end of the month. Anyone else feeling excited about this?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I'll be working on the announcement today, but it might slip to tomorrow :( Crazy start to the week...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

No worries! We have a saying where I`m from. Good things come to those who wait! :)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, looks like I may get all the relevant stuff put together today, just be a few more hours. :fingers crossed:
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com

Return to “Off Topic Comments”