Xsyon

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

GIJoe597
Board Admin
Human: Yes

Xsyon

Post by GIJoe597 »

While looking around for an "open world" game which features resource gathering, building and logical production chains, I ran across Xsyon. Does anyone else here play this game? I am on day 5 or 6 in game and enjoying it.

A synopsis of my time so far;

I started with the clothes on my back and a few basic tools and have now "founded a tribe" and carved out a plot of land for myself. My goal is to be a Lumber Jack and supply wood for other player’s needs.

Day 2 found me having to locate other tribes and trade/barter for weapons, food and plant seeds. I do not have any money but was able to trade basic items like Grass Rope, which is used in great quantities and time consuming to collect/make, for some Axes and Picks. This has helped my daily adventures greatly.

On day 3, I ran around identifying different types of trees, collecting cones/seeds from all of the types in the world as well as chopping one of each type down to see how many logs they supplied.

Day 4 I spent organizing my small plot and building basic fencing around it to keep the animals out. Already been killed twice by very large Raccoons and once chased off my plot by an irate Mule Deer. Every now and then I have to forage for berries and wild plants to eat as well as head to the lake and drink water. I do not yet have a method of carrying water with me, which forces me to stay near the lake. Very late in the day I cleared many existing trees from around my plot and attempted to plant some Douglas Fir trees as they have the highest yield. Since my forestry skill is still very low I was only able to get 3 of the ten seeds I planted to take. Them's the breaks. I will gather seeds from them when they grow large enough and keep trying to plant more around my small plot.

Day 5 - The Douglas Fir trees are developing, I actually do not know how long it takes, but simply by a visual guess I would say they have 4 or 5 more days to reach maturity.

If anyone else enjoys these types of games, and would like to try it please, by all means contact me, in game name is Joseph. If I had to choose a game that it is the most similar to, I would suggest Life is Feudal.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG

Return to “Off Topic Comments”