I played SR 2010

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The Khan
General

I played SR 2010

Post by The Khan »

I hope I won't be lynched for playing it :D

I had a break from job and thesis so I decided to conquer the world with Turkey. And I did. Mechs lobbing shipkiller missiles sideways marched across the Potomac into Washington D.C as SR-71's lit the way for Smerchs to pound the last American defences along the Rocky mountains.

I wonder if an AAR would interest people.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
number47
General
Human: Yes

Re: I played SR 2010

Post by number47 »

The Khan wrote:I wonder if an AAR would interest people.
Sure, why not? Sounds like an interesting endeavour :D
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

AAR Begins: Pax Turca. I didnt take screenshots, but I will explain in length how I played, hopefully satisfying a gamer other than empty fluff. Difficulty hard. Fast build enabled.

Game-wise decisions that needed some explanation are marked in red.

*You sit in one of the booming Irish pubs that dominate your hometown*

So, you want to to know how the Turkish Republic came to dominate the planet, a once great, now shorn-away, backwater republic of questionable past and conflicting populations.

The answer is a long one.

*The man sitting next to you is a bald,tanned man with a prosthetic, red eye. Looking out of a cyberpunk novel. He wears the insignia of the newly crowned Federation, the once-Turkish symbol of crescent and the star adorning a badge encircled by spread eagle wings.*

"I was spared the piloting in the airforce since my eyesight was crap. But I passed all the tests, so I was delegated to radar monitoring and logistics."

*taps his cyber-eye*

"The whole chain reaction that ended the Continuum war is actually pretty funny. When Libya started a haphazard African conquest, and smaller nations flocked together, one expects the whole world to clog all trade forming into huge blocks, right?"

*sips apple cider*

"Wrong. it went into a free-for-all slugfest of retards fighting for the kingdom of Retardistan."

"You see, events shaping nations are so random, yet they have one thing in common. The goal to flock together and consolidate power under a banner gathering as many like-minded men as possible. Now, what happens when every banner is incredibly different, most alien to each other?"

"World war 3."

"When my country took control of what's left of Syria and Iraq, and divvied up between Israel and Saudis, the fat hit the fire. You see, Lawrence of Arabia, deprived us almost of every bit of oil resource 2 centuries ago, and international markets and lobbies took care of the rest. Not that time."

"NATO gone, UN gone, even the US busy policing the smoking ruins of Cuba and Venezuela, it was a time when nations decided their fates, and the faceless CEO's and lobbyists either died in the riots, or had to hide.Result? One final war to decide who gets what. Global f***ing catharsis."

"Turkey's newly elected Prime Minister was an unpopular one, barely winning by a landslide. His first action was, to the shock of many, outlaw natural gas powerplants except for home applications (all petrol powerplants removed), dismantle every last one, and kickstart a crash-course program into renewable energies and Lignite generation.All research except Advanced Power Techs and upgrading Power Plant-Other and Coal halted.

"The latter was understandable, since Anatolia was rich in lignite, anthracite and coke. Still, the sudden drop in power generation except in critical industries brought the nation moments before rioting. Worse was the re-instated conscription which was removed in 2011. The engineer brigades formed from these conscripted were little more than disgruntled workers with guns which were levied to help construction projects across the country."

*smokes a cigar*

"Still, once atrocities worldwide flared up and oil prices skyrocketed, the improved wages and living conditions of the levied combat engineers managed to generate a sense of cameradery, and mission. Since global economy collapsed and states mostly owned corporations and industries around the Continuum War, every law preventing resource exploitation was gone, and every oil well springing up around the southeast Turkey was another windfall in a world going to hell in a basket."

In months, the social spending and cheapened living costs (high social spending and low food&water&timber prices made up for the hellish 6 months of toil and social upheaval.

*smoke*

And what do you think happens when one nation gets it right? That's right. Someone to piss in your morning coffee. The disastrous Greek Crusade.

Greece, after absorbing Bulgaria, went a little overboard and declared it'd reconquer Constantinopolis and re-establish the Megali Idea.

You see, Turkey around that time was not a pushover. Its military was refurnished, downsized, every obsolete unit scrapped, rebuilt and most importantly, the Prime Minister went on a shopping trip to buy out technology contracts of every shape and size imaginable Technology Purchase around the world

When the Orthodox Priest blessed the first shot, he didn't anticipate "the Gog and the Magog" to retaliate in such a manner. Pity Liveleak didn't capture his expression before he vaporized.

Before the first Greek unit even landed a hit near the border, hundreds of 320 mm Chinese-imported rockets pounded the border into a no-man's land. Previously hidden Turkish submarines neutralized and pinned down the Greek Black Sea presence, and every Frigate and Destroyer was unleashed to keep Aegean and Mediterranean area clear of Greek presence.

The Turkish conquest was threefold.

Emplacements across the border kept an iron wall of entrenched LAV-III kodiak APC's guarding 20+ Brigades of WS-1B Chinese MLRS's unleashing hell every second. The Greek assault was haphazard, messy, and ultimately, failed. What made the Greek defense miserable was that the already horrific range of the rockets were enhanced by upgraded MLRS missiles (ER-MLRS tech), targets supported by 2 freshly manufactured SR-71 Blackbirds patrolling the skies. Oil money and sweet words made the United States give up his prized project. Oil made China give its best artilllery.

The rugged and tight geography of Greece meant that all Turkish Armed forces had to push a button, reload rockets and sell the footage to reality show TV's.

3 weeks later, the shattered and demoralized Greek defenders were overrun by 30+ Brigades of Kodiaks, Merkava Tanks and advancing artillery as Turkish Airforce concentrated its sole existence to sink the Greek fleet to make place for the naval bombardment of its own navy. Army swept upwards the Thracian Peninsula, and the Navy and airforce was ordered into a kamikaze frenzy to eliminate any aerial and naval presence of the enemy.

next week , 5 Brigades of airborne were paradropped around the parthenon. They were designed to draw fire as the entire armed forces concentrated on storming Athinai in one fell sweep.

I always wondered why the brass did that. Then I learned that the Secretary General Nikolaus surrendered immediately rather than relocating his command.

And so, in 31 days, Greece was overrun , albeit with huge casualities. Europe stopped its squabbling and stared with horror.

How was this done? The tight territory coupled with extensive Chinook M47 support, which was in turn possible by knocking out the Greek AA capability made the Turkish counterattack run like an avalanche in a nonstop dash.

The occupation was mild. Greece had its industry dismantled(ALL outdated low size factories removed), and instead, was directed towards agriculture and service industries. See this pub? The apple cider actually comes from Thessaloniki rather than Kilkenny. It's a wonder we aren't all drunk on Retsina or Ouzo.

So, the dust settled for some time. I remember China attacked Japan(they never seem to forget), and eventually Russia started a grab for Europe, drawing the wrath of the US across the Bering Strait.

All the more profits from desperate nations begging to buy the oil for 170$ a barrel and thank you for it.

And as expected, Iran eventually snapped at having the oil profits taken away and Turkey behaving not-so-traditionally and decided to finish the now-healing republic.

A low-price solution was found: the Su-25TM (Su-39). The project was gathering dust in the Russian archives, and was bought for a handful of cash. The design was of low worker cost but high in hardware, and rapidly buildable.

The perfect weapon to overwhelm rotting Soviet hardware and eventual conquest of Middle East and Africa.

Until the Armed forces could repair itself, the Sukhoi 39's were daily going tank-hunting, beating back the Iranian offensive by sheer numbers and stubbornness.

For the Republic Armed forces had been barely underway when the Saudi lines ambushed and killed the advancing supply trucks.

I was directing the airstrikes when I realized the Saudi Royal family went loco and declared Jihad on the "enemies of Allah". The same royal family that popped Quaaludes and Captagon by the handful and did orgies at nightclubs. Later we learned that the family's less social members killed the decadent ones.

(Part 2 : The Saudi conquest coming tomorrow)
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Product information:
3 years baby
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

The SR2010 section does still have an AAR section. Would you like me to relocation the thread?
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

That's the point. Just don't bother. I mean, who is gonna look at there today? Don't sacrifice a little fun for the sake of formality.

I say this was better than SR 2020 btw. :P
Product information:
3 years baby

Return to “Off Topic Comments”