Ukraine..

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Ukraine..

Post by Chesehead »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:****, this could blow up into full-scale war if it turns out Russia is actually conducting military operations in Eastern Ukraine.

EDIT: Just watched some coverage of CCTV America, where they said it was deliberate on the part of the Ukrainian military to use a Russian flag, so that they could peacefully enter pro-Russian Area's. Still waiting for this to be confirmed by other media. So Ukraine is resorting to false-flag operations against what they call "terrorists"... this doesn't bode well...

From what I've read it seems more like parts of the Ukrainian military is defecting to the rebels. I read somewhere that they deployed some of their paratroopers weren't properly supplied and had to bum food off of the locals after a number of days.

From the way this s shaking up, the eastern part of Ukraine is far more valuable to Russia then the Crimea due to its large industrial base that accounts for a significant portion of Ukraine's GDP. I wouldn't be surprised if this escalates to the point of the Russian's actually deploying into Eastern Ukraine to protect the ethnic minorities. That should force NATO's hand and set a precident for the rest of Eastern Europe in dealing with Russian's SoI expansion.
number47
General
Human: Yes

Post by number47 »

Another interesting read from www.foreignaffairs.com, unbiased and quite intuitive.

As for the downing of that fighter in the link I posted, it didn't happen...just propaganda at work :roll:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Jacklax100
Lieutenant

Post by Jacklax100 »

I am hearing from Fox News that pro-Russians in eastern Ukraine are handing out leaflets to Jews and telling them to "register" or "Face the consequences". I feel bad for them and I condemn it. This is getting pretty scary.
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

Jacklax100 wrote:I am hearing from Fox News that pro-Russians in eastern Ukraine are handing out leaflets to Jews and telling them to "register" or "Face the consequences". I feel bad for them and I condemn it. This is getting pretty scary.
´

This is very likely false, why? There was a registeration fee of 50$... 50 dollars not hryvna or rubels or even euros...

The document also was apparently poorly written and the Kremlin would never act anti-semitic when they have been calling the new Kiev Government neo-*****
Jacklax100
Lieutenant

Post by Jacklax100 »

notus wrote:
Jacklax100 wrote:I am hearing from Fox News that pro-Russians in eastern Ukraine are handing out leaflets to Jews and telling them to "register" or "Face the consequences". I feel bad for them and I condemn it. This is getting pretty scary.
´

This is very likely false, why? There was a registeration fee of 50$... 50 dollars not hryvna or rubels or even euros...

The document also was apparently poorly written and the Kremlin would never act anti-semitic when they have been calling the new Kiev Government neo-*****
Search it on google.
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

Jacklax100 wrote:
notus wrote:
´

Search it on google.
I've seen the document, but i am just saying that is probably fake since i could do the same thing (make and print a document) and say it was some other government that is obligating jews to register.

Also it was not signed

And this article states: "“It’s a fake flyer,” says Lesley Weiss, Deputy Director of the National Conference Supporting Jews (NCSJ), which focuses its efforts on Russia, Ukraine, and the Baltic States."
Jacklax100
Lieutenant

Post by Jacklax100 »

Yes it isn't yet confirmed but it is still scary.
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

Jacklax100 wrote:Yes it isn't yet confirmed but it is still scary.
Yes it is not confirmed, but it is indeed a not good thing at all
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

This is probably fake because the government of Ukraine is simply trying to stop the freedom fight of Russians in Ukraine, creating lies about their non existent anti-semetism would go great in the mass media! More nonsense to feed the slaves...I mean civilians.

Besides, even if the ethnic Russian rebels persecute Jews, then they are only equal to the Ukrainian government which persecutes Russians!
Jacklax100
Lieutenant

Post by Jacklax100 »

Thumboy wrote:This is probably fake because the government of Ukraine is simply trying to stop the freedom fight of Russians in Ukraine, creating lies about their non existent anti-semetism would go great in the mass media! More nonsense to feed the slaves...I mean civilians.

Besides, even if the ethnic Russian rebels persecute Jews, then they are only equal to the Ukrainian government which persecutes Russians!
The Ukrainian government doesn't persecute Russians, it's just hot air from our good friend Vlad Putin. Also the "freedom fighters" are just Putin's goons and really just terrorists. And calling terrorists "freedom fighters" is extremely offensive to me. I almost lost my mom and sister in 9/11. Thankfully my mom missed her train.
number47
General

Post by number47 »

People, it's Fox News...please be serious :lol:
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
notus
Lieutenant

Post by notus »

number47 wrote:People, it's Fox News...please be serious :lol:
When i quoted Fox News i underlined just because of that
Thumboy
Lieutenant

Post by Thumboy »

Jacklax100 wrote:
Thumboy wrote:This is probably fake because the government of Ukraine is simply trying to stop the freedom fight of Russians in Ukraine, creating lies about their non existent anti-semetism would go great in the mass media! More nonsense to feed the slaves...I mean civilians.

The Ukrainian government doesn't persecute Russians, it's just hot air from our good friend Vlad Putin. Also the "freedom fighters" are just Putin's goons and really just terrorists. And calling terrorists "freedom fighters" is extremely offensive to me. I almost lost my mom and sister in 9/11. Thankfully my mom missed her train.
They are freedom fighters, not terrorists, this is nonsense! Besides, if these people are terrorists, then so are the people who have just taken over Ukraine by a coup! And if they are Putins goons, then the people now in charge of Ukraine are Obama's goons!

I never called anyone terrorist a freedom fighter! Vladimir is currently supporting the fight against terrorism in Syria while Obama is supporting the terrorists. If Putin is fighting against terrorists, he isn't going to support them in East Ukraine I'll have you know.

Also, respect to your mom and sister, you're very lucky :)
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

number47 wrote:People, it's Fox News...please be serious :lol:

Get off your "perceived" high horse. Secretary of State Kerry announced this. Many media outlets "reported" on this.

http://www.msnbc.com/all/jews-ukraine-t ... themselves
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Generally the quality of Fox News is poor, one of the poorest proffesional news site out there. They regulary

poor a tunnel vision view of the conflict, it's not only ethnic russian on the streets in eastern Ukraine, he also compares actions Russia has done to Finland, which he doesn't know **** about.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/344164648000 ... show-clips

Mikhail Saakashvili... do I need to say anything more?
http://video.foxnews.com/v/336214971200 ... show-clips

-"send in more soviet military" - there's no soviet union anymore, using such terms are both incorrect/unproffesional and meant to scare cold war americans by associating Putin with the Soviet Union, Stalin et.al., which is incorrect.
-an US ambassador thinks "Putin is winning", why then agree to any deals with Ukraine and the West? (which Russia has btw done)
-Did the guy actually say "Finlandize"? that Putin is going to "Finlandize" Ukraine? This guy is an idiot that does not know what he's talking about. I wonder if he's at all educated or what the hell he did when he was an ambassador.
-Wtf is "Salami tactics"?
http://video.foxnews.com/v/347151766400 ... show-clips

This was only via an very fast look through of Fox News, when searching for "Ukraine" and so on. That Bolton guy is a regular at Fox News and they seldom actually use complete facts from Ukraine. Like in the first link example above, where they only lifted up Ethnic Russian, which are an miniority in the eastern Ukrainian provinces. They brought up very inadequately the grevences of the protesters and insinuated that the Russian gov was somehow steering the uprising there. Anyone capable of Using Google and even Wikipedia would know thats a load of bullshit. If you actually took the time to learn why they are on the streets you would pretty soon notice that the reasons are so complex and many that any foreign gov couldn't of cooked it up and told them to go to the streets. SUre Russia if probably supporting the protesters in some way, but it ain't leading them. Fox news is not by my standards even a news source, it's an propaganda channel. Fox news as it is in the US would be illegal in Finland, over here you can hold companies and news outlets to account if they give you false information with intent.

Usually when I read about Ukraine I open up dw.de, bbc.com, cnn.com, UK.reuters.com(one of the more professional sites), rt.com(for the Russian point of view) and CCTV. Fox news I use if I feel like getting a nice laughter during a dull moment. I am also considering of starting to check itar-tass.com for more perspective on the conflict.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods

Return to “Off Topic Comments”