Trickle down? Corporation in the black tries not to pay.

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The Khan
General

Trickle down? Corporation in the black tries not to pay.

Post by The Khan »

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/2 ... ay-With-It
I suspect Caterpillar is being watched by every CEO in America right now. Not content with earning a record profit in 2011 and expecting to earn a bigger profit this year, the company wants to force their employees to take a pay cut. From the New York Times:

Despite earning a record $4.9 billion profit last year and projecting even better results for 2012, the company is insisting on a six-year wage freeze and a pension freeze for most of the 780 production workers at its factory here. Caterpillar says it needs to keep its labor costs down to ensure its future competitiveness.

So not only is the company not sharing the results of increased productivity with the workers, they expect these workers to take a lower wage. Trickle down has become beat down.
We have finally reached the vision had by the wealthy when Reagan broke the Air Traffic Controllers Union: A labor force that would be so dependent on the rich that they would have to accept any crumbs the wealthy dropped.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Trickle down? Corporation in the black tries not to pay.

Post by Col_Travis »

The US gov't Air Traffic Controllers Union is not a good example. The US steel industry is a much better example.
fool
General

Post by fool »

Since this topic shouldn't have died so quickly, I'd like to reopen it with the following observation:

Everyone who complains about CEOs making too much money or corporations making too much profit is a filthy pinko commie who hates America.
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

It's the "Greed is Good" culture from the 1980's, and has nothing to do with capitalism vs communism just look at China.
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Col_Travis wrote:It's the "Greed is Good" culture from the 1980's, and has nothing to do with capitalism vs communism just look at China.
Still. it proves that despite Corporations earning much more these years, the trickle down system is a COMPLETE and BASELESS LIE
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby

Return to “Off Topic Comments”