Axis of Evil and the Great Satan

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hullu Hevonen
General

Axis of Evil and the Great Satan

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

They found a new 'artefact' and Ayatollah Ali Khamenei comments -"In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty Allah, the Zionists and the Great Satan [America] will soon be defeated. Allah’s promise will be delivered and Islam will be victorious” , while a decade back instead of a "Great Satan" we had on the part of the US the famous "Axis of Evil" etc and similar mongering.

btw, whats the news on the nuke situation between USA and Iran? I fear that their political power struggle could really screw up the middle east if it blows-up.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Axis of Evil and the Great Satan

Post by Ruges »

This is about as brilliant of a statement from Iran as when they said the holocuast was faked.

If the book was writen when Iran says it was that is 400-599 AD, If when the picture inscription says 1500 AD, If going off the spelling style the 1840's AD.

Meaning this book was still written hundreds of years after christ. And not by christ. So even if it is about christ it is mans interpertation of christ, which is faluable.
“In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty Allah, the Zionists and the Great Satan [America] will soon be defeated. Allah’s promise will be delivered and Islam will be victorious,” Ayatollah Ali Khamenei told cheering crowds a few weeks ago.
How long can you keep telling your followers soon before they realize your lieing to them? Also I did not realize that allah mentioned the america's in his texts. I am so glad Iran is not a world power. Becouse if they where you know they would go around ******* the rest of the world over to conform to there religion. Sure the US as the worlds superpower goes around sticking its head all over the place. But we are not conforming them, we are just saying hey dont murder your people and let them decide how they want to live there own lifes.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, the US is also exerting a lot of influence to affect the direction of many regions but all countries are doing that to varying extent and any person who is lobbying or being an activist is also doing that just on a different scale.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

There is claims of proof now that Iran has enriched it's uranium over 20%. Meanwhile the US reaffirms it's previous position, they have a "contingency" plan if Iran would build itself a bomb. Anyone else think this is not the hole story?

I think there's alot more to the story than this, If the US really wanted to attack Iran, they would only need to falsify some evidence and attack. There some regional cold war/power struggle between US/Israel and allies vs Iran and allies. I don't think any war is going to start before the Syrian situation is resolved, if the west "wins" in Syria, then it could make them more bold and pick Iran as next. There is also some struggle in Iraq between the US and Iran in form of support for the Iragi Gov and different militias(respectively). A naval war in the Persian Gulf would not go well, Iran could rain missiles & air strikes from land, while the US would Bomb Iran and destroy their navy from sea. A Iran-US war could also drag in many other countries in the region. But I think Syria is important for how the US-Iranian cold war is going to play out.
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

okej, I'm starting to think that Syria's chance for a peaceful solution is starting to be is up. Al-Assad and the opposition had their chances. Question is, what should the next step now be? Taking out one "Axis" by western bombardement? Though a Libyan style "No-Fly Zone", could end Al-Assads regime in a fast manner and cause a full-scale civil war.
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Hmm.. Iran responds by saying they basically will intervene in Syria if the west does. Hmm, this conflict seems to be deadlocking, No one seems to be able to stop any killings both ways and the allies of both sides now are talking about intervening.
Happy Linux user!
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Hmm.. Iran responds by saying they basically will intervene in Syria if the west does. Hmm, this conflict seems to be deadlocking, No one seems to be able to stop any killings both ways and the allies of both sides now are talking about intervening.
That picture of Irans guard is great.

So let me get this strait. The western coalition is saying Syria is not doing enough to stop the ethnic killings. And if somthing is not done soon they will use military force to stop it. Now Iran is saying if the western coalition steps in they are going to step in against the west, And doing so they will also go after Isreal?

It sounds like Irans leadership is starting to believe there own spittle on how great there military is and how weak the rest of the worlds is. That, or Iran does have WMD's. And I do believe Iran would use them in a war, even offensivly without reguard.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Ruges wrote:
Hullu Hevonen wrote:Hmm.. Iran responds by saying they basically will intervene in Syria if the west does. Hmm, this conflict seems to be deadlocking, No one seems to be able to stop any killings both ways and the allies of both sides now are talking about intervening.
That picture of Irans guard is great.

So let me get this strait. The western coalition is saying Syria is not doing enough to stop the ethnic killings. And if somthing is not done soon they will use military force to stop it. Now Iran is saying if the western coalition steps in they are going to step in against the west, And doing so they will also go after Isreal?

It sounds like Irans leadership is starting to believe there own spittle on how great there military is and how weak the rest of the worlds is. That, or Iran does have WMD's. And I do believe Iran would use them in a war, even offensivly without reguard.
Something like that :lol: , Iran would likely not survive a conventional war, but they could do serious causalities to any western ally or country involved, especially using guerilla tactics in the wast syrian desert. Especially when you have religion as a motivator. Personally I think the opposition and the Syrian gov should negotiate like adults, but it seems not to be working, so we could see in the near future a proxy war blowing up in Syria. So in other words, there is an Full fledged Middle Eastern cold war going on, most of whats actually going on is "under the table"(stuff that leaders/elite's etc only know about, away from the mainstream etc).
Happy Linux user!
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

Just recently the Russians deployed Naval Infantry to Syria, the Rebels let it be known that they have recieved more than $400 mil in arms from al-qaeda, though they prefer aid from the west. And Iran admitted that more than a dozen POW's that the rebels have are actually Republican Guards on a pilgramage. Syria is an ally of Russia, China is an ally of Russia and Iran is in the Russian sphere of influance (the enemy of my enemy is my friend). Russia and China have both blocked UN sactions on Syria and Iran and any military intervention in Syria by the Arab League or the West. As for Iranian WMD's, the Dowager Empress of the US (Hillary Clinton) doesn't apparently considers Chemical Weapons are part of the NBC triad, and Iran has them.
The last time I checked NATO and the EU have virtually no military power left. The Royal Navy has 2 carriers w/0 aircraft, 6 destroyer, 13 frigate and 12 SSN's; the Royal Canadian Navy has 12 frigats and 4 SSK's; and the linch pin of NATO's defence durring the Cold War, the Bundeswehr can no longer field 1,360,000 men in there army within 72hrs (it's now just under 74,000) and a navy with 15 frigates, 2 corvettes and 4 SSI's. They will probably resolve themselves to appeasment of Russia and China to try and buy time.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Col_Travis wrote:Just recently the Russians deployed Naval Infantry to Syria, the Rebels let it be known that they have recieved more than $400 mil in arms from al-qaeda, though they prefer aid from the west. And Iran admitted that more than a dozen POW's that the rebels have are actually Republican Guards on a pilgramage. Syria is an ally of Russia, China is an ally of Russia and Iran is in the Russian sphere of influance (the enemy of my enemy is my friend). Russia and China have both blocked UN sactions on Syria and Iran and any military intervention in Syria by the Arab League or the West. As for Iranian WMD's, the Dowager Empress of the US (Hillary Clinton) doesn't apparently considers Chemical Weapons are part of the NBC triad, and Iran has them.
The last time I checked NATO and the EU have virtually no military power left. The Royal Navy has 2 carriers w/0 aircraft, 6 destroyer, 13 frigate and 12 SSN's; the Royal Canadian Navy has 12 frigats and 4 SSK's; and the linch pin of NATO's defence durring the Cold War, the Bundeswehr can no longer field 1,360,000 men in there army within 72hrs (it's now just under 74,000) and a navy with 15 frigates, 2 corvettes and 4 SSI's. They will probably resolve themselves to appeasment of Russia and China to try and buy time.
Yeah, one thing that slightly worrying is that outside Aleppo, there is chemical weapons, what is scary about that is that if the facility whit these fall into rebel hands or if the gov gets despret enough to use them.
Happy Linux user!
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

That could be why the Russians are there. I think in the back of every Russian general and admiral they still remember the Guns of August 1914, and hopfully the rest of the world will too!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Col_Travis wrote:That could be why the Russians are there. I think in the back of every Russian general and admiral they still remember the Guns of August 1914, and hopfully the rest of the world will too!
That was why they created the Warzaw pact in the day(that in turn made the west feel threatened and escalated things), as buffer zone. They had been invaded something like 3 times in the past century so there still feared a 4th. Tough I wonder, what would happen if Turkey, Western Europe and USA went and imposed a "No-Fly Zone" on Syria, The Russians have a military base in Syria, more Fleet nearby. And didn't the Russians have a big naval excersice in the eastern Mediterranean a month or so back? Would they simply stand by and let the west take military action?
Happy Linux user!
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

My belief is that Russia will eventually try and broker a political decision before the situation on the ground escalate.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Col_Travis wrote:My belief is that Russia will eventually try and broker a political decision before the situation on the ground escalate.
I think that Russia is already trying, though not nearly hard enough, matters are also getting worse west/Saudi/Qataris selling/giving weapons to the opposition. There where earlier this year parliamentary elections, though, the opposition boycotted them. The FSA is performing suicide bombings/car bombings in cities(terrorist attacks by definition), the last one was a few days ago or so, the FSA has also been responible for kidnapings in lebanon(latest that I read about was Hassan Al-Meqdad. Russia is as well still selling weapons to the Syrian gov, Both Russia and the West must end their military support, then let them fight each other until they tire abit for a few months and force them to the peace table, kick out Al-Assad, new parliamentary elections. If the rest of the world continues to arms one side or the other then the conflict will only escalate, the more guns, the more blood, more destruction and more divide.
Happy Linux user!
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

I agree, the whole region is a powder keg just waiting to go off.

Return to “Off Topic Comments”