okay.. huh.. what.. are you serious. (ricky martin and glee)

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

okay.. huh.. what.. are you serious. (ricky martin and glee)

Post by Fistalis »

Ricky martin said and I quote glee is "a beautiful message about reality, about what really happens nowadays with kids."

Now normally this is the type of story I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole but um.. what? really?? Glee has some semblance to reality about the modern experience of youth? Did high school change that much since I graduated? (granted over 10 years ago)
I know its ricky martin.. so I don't expect much but omfg is this guy that much out of touch. Glee is escapism at its worst.

The fact that anyone would state that it's "a beautiful message about reality, about what really happens nowadays with kids." makes me question the intellect of my fellow man.

Seriously wtf...are you serious?

I think this is more a comment on the current state of american society than it is about glee or ricky martin.

Disclaimer: my local news was talking about it.. and showed an interview with this quote I didn't knowingly click on any story related to either ricky martin or glee or seek this out.. but it was thrust in my face under the guise of "news"
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
fool
General

Re: okay.. huh.. what.. are you serious. (ricky martin and g

Post by fool »

What even is glee?
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Fistalis
General
Human: Yes

Post by Fistalis »

A horrible American TV show in which every episode is a musical.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

The covers they do aren't too bad, but the TV show is your typical Hollywood PC bullcrap. As for the quote, it too is utter bullcrap. Let me know when they put multiple gangs in the school and begin to have gang fights. I also take it the show doesn't mention massive amounts of drug use in the school either....

Return to “Off Topic Comments”