Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

LiKaapstad
Colonel
Human: Yes

Best City To Visit to in World?!?

Post by LiKaapstad »

Hello again,

just curious, what city does everyone think is the best city to travel to?
I'm interested in vacationing somewhere. I still have about a year before I need to definitley have a place, but it's never too late
to plan early! Please take in consideration about prices... ex: dont mention a city that's hotels cost more than "usual"....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Best City To Visit to in World?!?

Post by SoB »

Cape town. And just because I live here. well any where in south africa will do but I live in cape town.

Pros
Cheap. We are dirt cheap for tourist.
Wonderful county side
Unique country side for cape town. The cape floral kingdom is unique to the cape region.
Tourist geared. There are lots of companies that run guides.

Cons
Well some people claim we are the worst place in the world being the most dangerous. They have no proof. Actually there are a lot of places and I mean a hell of a lot of places worse than us. But there is crime. But if you are smart you should have no trouble.
TIA. This is Africa. The reason why SA get such big hit is that we get bench marked against advance/wealthy western nations. We are not. We may have broadband and high speed internet. But it is still slower than your average. Or our cars. Most are old and would fail any western road safety check at a glance. There are many more. But I think that could add to you adventure. There are sits in africa that you will not see if you have a normal holiday to expensive london or any other western city.

To drive home the cheapness. The amount of money you get in the netherlands on welfare is double my salary for actually working
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Heard that Cape Town or Kaapstaad as you call it is quite dangerous for tourists, especially white women.

Reminds me of dear Istanbul, but with blacks instead of Kurds :P
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Only if you stupid. The tourist areas are very heavily policed. But there are areas where you do not want to go. Eg cap flats hanover park or any township/geto area. all so if a shark spotter tells you there is a shark do not tell him to f off or you may make front page news "man ignore warning now shark food"

But the safety factor is over hyped.

CPO Mzinyati
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

I'm glad you caught my name, Kaapstad, :lol: . I use to want to live there since I love the beach but now I'm considering Bangkok after college. (still 2 years away from college though :P )

Anyway, the crime in South Africa is somwhat of a deterent from going. But then again, every city has crime. (I bring up crime again because I prefer to visit a society that won't mug/attack me because of how I look.) :lol:

So far
1.) Capetown

Any other suggestions?
Last edited by LiKaapstad on Oct 16 2011, edited 1 time in total.
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

SoB wrote:Only if you stupid. The tourist areas are very heavily policed. But there are areas where you do not want to go. Eg cap flats hanover park or any township/geto area. all so if a shark spotter tells you there is a shark do not tell him to f off or you may make front page news "man ignore warning now shark food"

oh... you got rid of your dyslexia? You had some problems before.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Product information:
3 years baby
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

The Khan wrote:
SoB wrote:Only if you stupid. The tourist areas are very heavily policed. But there are areas where you do not want to go. Eg cap flats hanover park or any township/geto area. all so if a shark spotter tells you there is a shark do not tell him to f off or you may make front page news "man ignore warning now shark food"

Damn, you guys are tough on each other. lol wheres the love? ♥♥= ♥ lol
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

No the Dyslexia is still there. Just black berry has a built in spell check.

CPO Mzinyati
Fistalis
General

Post by Fistalis »

LiKaapstad wrote:I'm glad you caught my name, Kaapstad, :lol: . I use to want to live there since I love the beach but now I'm considering Bangkok after college. (still 2 years away from college though :P )

Anyway, the crime in South Africa is somwhat of a deterent from going. But then again, every city has crime. (I bring up crime again because I prefer to visit a society that won't mug/attack me because of how I look.) :lol:

So far
1.) Capetown

Any other suggestions?
You never told us what your looking for in a vacation spot.. or what time of year. So.. its hard to suggest anything.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
my Supreme Ruler mods Site - May it rest in peace
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

LiKaapstad wrote:I'm glad you caught my name, Kaapstad, :lol: . I use to want to live there since I love the beach but now I'm considering Bangkok after college. (still 2 years away from college though :P )

So far
1.) Capetown

Any other suggestions?

You comparing bangkok to camp town on crime. They has bad and probably worse due to Thailand's history for collapsing in to anarchy and political war.

And how do you look that you think you will be a target. And the most targeted are blacks from other parts of Africa. They are blamed for crime and stealing jobs.

CPO Mzinyati
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

I'm not after a certain feature. I'm just criticising all the cities given so I can make a greater perception. Just suggest a city that's what you'd imagine to be the best.

As for Bangkok, Im sure it has a much much lower crime rate than Capetown. Honestly, would you rather be surrounded by possible murderers, or people trying to make a living? :lol: ( And yeah, I probably would stick out more than any black or white person)
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

LiKaapstad wrote:
The Khan wrote:

Damn, you guys are tough on each other. lol wheres the love? ♥♥= ♥ lol
I didnt mean offense. I was hoping he got cured or something, in case there is a cure.

I have a lot of mental problems on the other hand. Severe paranoia, schizoidal, I fulfill nearly every mental problem in the book.

Y'know, most of humanity is only alive because its illegal to kill them.
Product information:
3 years baby
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Milwaukee is a pretty decent town. There's always something to do, and plenty of good bars. Plus, its the beer capital of the US, and they have a ton of brewery tours that offer free beer at the end. Plus, your with-in driving distance of a good chunck of other stuff as well. During the summer, we also have the worlds largest music festival, and for 15 bucks, you get to see a ton of top name performers. Crime isn't too bad as long as you avoid certain spots, and prices aren't too insane.

Washington D.C is also a pretty nice place. Its one of the cleanest big cities I've been to, and there is a lot to do. Crime really isn't a problem, but its pretty pricey. However, a lot of the stuff to do there is free, like the Smithsonian and visiting the mint and stuff.
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

Chesehead wrote:Milwaukee is a pretty decent town. There's always something to do, and plenty of good bars. Plus, its the beer capital of the US, and they have a ton of brewery tours that offer free beer at the end. Plus, your with-in driving distance of a good chunck of other stuff as well. During the summer, we also have the worlds largest music festival, and for 15 bucks, you get to see a ton of top name performers. Crime isn't too bad as long as you avoid certain spots, and prices aren't too insane.

Washington D.C is also a pretty nice place. Its one of the cleanest big cities I've been to, and there is a lot to do. Crime really isn't a problem, but its pretty pricey. However, a lot of the stuff to do there is free, like the Smithsonian and visiting the mint and stuff.

Interesting. I shall do some research on Milwaukee & DC. Beer capital should be interesting! :lol: I imagine anywhere in the US can't be too bad when it comes to crime. (except for a few cities like Compton & Baton Rouge.... :lol: )

thanks everyone & cheesehead so far
(I just really wanted to say cheesehead ever since I saw the name :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Gurc
Lieutenant

Post by Gurc »

Baghdad, always bombing and war. Your adrenaline will not stop rushing. Better than bungee jumping or any other adrenaline sport. In a documentary I saw hand-grenades sold in bazaar for 5 dollar each. AK-47 and ammo were sold at cheap prices(this was in Saddam's time, no guarantees for today). You can go play COD with real graphics in hardcore mode(this feature is an addition to the game series, makes it more realistic).

Return to “Off Topic Comments”