Which one are you or other?

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Which one are you or other?

Post by Balthagor »

Okay, so I'll start a list here and try and update it as others mention features;
  • Inflation/unemployment (mod available)
  • RoE (coming back in an update)
  • Ability to launch Defense/comm/intelligence satellites.
  • List of top producers/users and import/export figures for each commodity.
  • Religion
  • Setting unit trade delivery points
  • Time remaining on facility construction
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Hundane wrote:
Some things I can put back in as mods.
I wouldnt mind seeing the daily list of top producers/users and import/export figures for each commodity.
Missed that one. That's was one of my most used tabs in the production.

Can anybody help me out here with issues with the Unit Information tab?

One thing I found in 2020 and CW compared to 2010 is that I can't see all the stats I want in one window. Like double clicking brings up one set and tool-tip for cargo and actual fuel/ ammo left.

Also short time on CW but found it hard to see the full stats of teh research list- have I just missed a tab? However, looks like seeing the information about techs in the diplomacy was dropped, which make that diplo guesswork sometimes.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

dust off wrote:...One thing I found in 2020 and CW compared to 2010 is that I can't see all the stats I want in one window. Like double clicking brings up one set and tool-tip for cargo and actual fuel/ ammo left.
Works the same as SR2020. From the lowered area either dbl click or there should be a button.
dust off wrote:...Also short time on CW but found it hard to see the full stats of teh research list- have I just missed a tab? However, looks like seeing the information about techs in the diplomacy was dropped, which make that diplo guesswork sometimes.
Also works the same as SR2020, this was never accessible from the popup diplomacy. That might be moddable, I'd have to look into it.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

Balthagor wrote:Okay, so I'll start a list here and try and update it as others mention features;
  • Inflation/unemployment (mod available)
  • RoE (coming back in an update)
  • Ability to launch Defense/comm/intelligence satellites.
  • List of top producers/users and import/export figures for each commodity.
  • Religion
My single issue is the fact that my defence minister now seems to control my forces no matter what I do (barring setting the units initiative to ZERO which really is no solution).

This however is immensely annoying and in fact is a game breaker for me. No matter how much I love the game and concept then I get a brain hemorrhage from UNdoing the crazy dispositions that my defence minister seems determined to do.

its ME who should be dictating how, where and when my troopps react. However to avoid useless micromanagement then I would like them to get supplies, go for repairs, defend etc. by themselves.

If I am missing something, then please tell me how to do this. Otherwise then it should be on top of the list IMHO.
Last edited by nick-bang on Sep 10 2011, edited 1 time in total.
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Balthagor wrote:
dust off wrote:...One thing I found in 2020 and CW compared to 2010 is that I can't see all the stats I want in one window. Like double clicking brings up one set and tool-tip for cargo and actual fuel/ ammo left.
Works the same as SR2020. From the lowered area either dbl click or there should be a button.
Yeah, but clicking that button does not show how loaded the unit is or how much cargo is left. I think we have to tool tip for that
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

agreed, the point is that is not a "change" that limitation existing already. AFAIK you see the exact same details about units in the same places in SR2020 as in SRCW.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
fool
General

Post by fool »

The most annoying thing I found was that AFAIK there is no way to see cargo capacity when it comes to trading for unit designs (or combat time, unless I'm mistaken). This isn't a problem usually, but when you're looking for - for example - a transport... cargo capacity is pretty important. This is SR2020 so I don't really expect any changes at this late stage, but is there any way around it? Is there anything to look at while trading for unit tech except the tooltip?
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Start a thread in the development section. It might get added in an update.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Balthagor wrote:agreed, the point is that is not a "change" that limitation existing already. AFAIK you see the exact same details about units in the same places in SR2020 as in SRCW.
Yes, it changed from 2010 to 2020

And some things like cargo capacity when trading are useful to see.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I want to keep the scope tight on this. SR2010 was a long time again, much has changed since then. The engine is completely different. I can look at changes from SR2020 to CW but anything before SR2020 is not up for discussion.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Xbwalker
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Xbwalker »

Balthagor wrote:I want to keep the scope tight on this. SR2010 was a long time again, much has changed since then. The engine is completely different. I can look at changes from SR2020 to CW but anything before SR2020 is not up for discussion.

Exactly. That's like comparing Command&Conquer Red Alert to Red Alert 3. 2 different engines, and 2 very different styles.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Found another, setting bases as "unit trade delivery points".
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
nick-bang
Colonel
Location: A dark and ominous room - only illuminated by the eerie light of a computerscreen

Post by nick-bang »

Balthagor wrote:I want to keep the scope tight on this. SR2010 was a long time again, much has changed since then. The engine is completely different. I can look at changes from SR2020 to CW but anything before SR2020 is not up for discussion.

No problem - but you didnt really answer my question: is it because its an error rather than something which should be modified ?
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

The controls you are asking for are part of the Rules of Engagement which is already on that list.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
nick-bang
Colonel

Post by nick-bang »

Balthagor wrote:The controls you are asking for are part of the Rules of Engagement which is already on that list.

Okay - nicely done then !

Return to “Off Topic Comments”