Don't ask, Don't tell

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

LiKaapstad
Colonel
Human: Yes

Re: Don't ask, Don't tell

Post by LiKaapstad »

Necrophobia_70 wrote:I believe being homosexual just mean the person in question want to sleep with people of the same sex, nothing more. So, Good riddance.

Your mistaken my friend... Its about love & being with the person of choice. Believe it or not, homosexuals are known to have less "libido" or "cravings" :lol: .lols, sleeping with the same sex is last of the purposes... (though really something we'd quite enjoy honestly) :lol:
NO PROP 8 California...Equality for ALL
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Necrophobia_70 wrote:I believe being homosexual just mean the person in question want to sleep with people of the same sex, nothing more. So, Good riddance.

heh, and you only wan't to sleep with women, no relationships etc?
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Necrophobia_70
Warrant Officer

Post by Necrophobia_70 »

No intent to offense, sorry. Can't believe I really said something as rude as that...
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Necrophobia_70 wrote:No intent to offense, sorry. Can't believe I really said something as rude as that...
Hope you didn't misunderstand my question, it's a simple 'counter-question'. I know many men that do the same as you described the homosexuals of doing, but heterosexually. I ain't saying that there is anything wrong with only having sexual relationships.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

@ Necrophobia_70
No problem :lol: I say alot that I regret aswell. Nothing to be ashamed of, just learn from these mistakes in the future :-)

@Hullu Hevonen
I'll let you carry on your conversation with Necrophobia_70 without my commenting. As that is a whole 'nother topic. :lol:
iuvart
Lieutenant

Post by iuvart »

Necrophobia_70 wrote:I believe being homosexual just mean the person in question is attracted to people of the same sex, nothing more. So, Good riddance.
Yes. That is all it is. Any additional baggage comes from the outside and interestingly pretty much all of it comes from ignorant religious fanaticism.

And we aren't all flaming queens intent on destroying the perfect utopia christians have created in the past two thousand years. Oh wait... they didn't.

Nice to know that the USA continue their slow crawl towards understanding and applying morality and ethics instead of religious dogma.
fool
General

Post by fool »

Came across this a while back :3
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

I liked that made me laugh :lol:
Necrophobia_70
Warrant Officer

Post by Necrophobia_70 »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:
Necrophobia_70 wrote:No intent to offense, sorry. Can't believe I really said something as rude as that...
Hope you didn't misunderstand my question, it's a simple 'counter-question'. I know many men that do the same as you described the homosexuals of doing, but heterosexually. I ain't saying that there is anything wrong with only having sexual relationships.
Actually, I was trying to say, being homosexual is not necessarily related to one's other qualities. I have seen many of them: some are very pleasant to have around, others, not so much. More of them are somewhere in between. They are just regular folks, like everyone else. The only thing they have in common is their sexual orientation - and prejudices they faced.
That whole "sleeping" thing is just... Well, not sure why do I chose that word. Guess my mind is kinda broken when I was saying that.
LiKaapstad
Colonel

Post by LiKaapstad »

Necrophobia_70 wrote:Actually, I was trying to say, being homosexual is not necessarily related to one's other qualities. I have seen many of them: some are very pleasant to have around, others, not so much. More of them are somewhere in between. They are just regular folks, like everyone else. The only thing they have in common is their sexual orientation - and prejudices they faced.
That whole "sleeping" thing is just... Well, not sure why do I chose that word. Guess my mind is kinda broken when I was saying that.
This comment is how I feel personnally (As a gay guy myself).You explained it exactly how I feel. Some homosexuals are awsome & friendly.Others, just common rude people. People vary as Necrophobia said, so there is no certain word to describe homosexuals, as there is none to describe heterosexuals. People are people regardless :lol: :-)
Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

fool wrote:Came across this a while back :3
Read that, very funny.

Personally I don't care. Just don't care. The only small thing I would say is no housing pay For Gays and Lesbians that are married until the Federal Court recognizes marriage differently, and some plan is implemented to ensure that they are ACTUALLY gay and not getting married to each other for the money they would collect from Housing pay.(2k a month in Hawaii.)
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
-George Santayana
fool
General

Post by fool »

Hmm. Why not just abolish or replace 'housing pay'? It sounds like bullshit to me.
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
iuvart
Lieutenant

Post by iuvart »

Gracuul wrote:
fool wrote:Came across this a while back :3
Read that, very funny.

Personally I don't care. Just don't care. The only small thing I would say is no housing pay For Gays and Lesbians that are married until the Federal Court recognizes marriage differently, and some plan is implemented to ensure that they are ACTUALLY gay and not getting married to each other for the money they would collect from Housing pay.(2k a month in Hawaii.)
So, what about hetero marriages that are just for the money? If you go there (state checking the reasons why people want to get married) you are opening a big bad can of worms that is none of the state's business anyway. And only doing that with gay couples would not be equal treatment either.

Also, what do you mean by 'recognizes marriage differently'?
Gracuul
Captain

Post by Gracuul »

Heterosexual marriages should be looked at as well. Seen many a people get married for the money.

Federal court still recognizes marriage as between a man and a woman.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
-George Santayana
domcoppinger
Colonel

Post by domcoppinger »

Gracuul wrote:Heterosexual marriages should be looked at as well. Seen many a people get married for the money.

Federal court still recognizes marriage as between a man and a woman.
Exactly, marriage should not be stopped altogether for a group of people based on the possible fraudulent actions of a few. In this case there should be checks to stop people doing this, straight and gay couples, but it is wrong to deny them the chance to marry altogether. Modern western, and some eastern, society's are built around one central pillar. Freedom. So with this in mind who are we to restrict the freedom of others, based purely on life choices that harm no one else!
Much Thanks

- [On the topic of timelines] "Time isn't made of lines, it is made of circles, that's why clocks are round!" - Unknown-

Number 46-48

Return to “Off Topic Comments”