Mass shooting aimed at US Rep. Gabrielle Giffords,and those

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Mass shooting aimed at US Rep. Gabrielle Giffords,and those

Post by tkobo »

assembled.

The story is still VERY unclear...many falsehoods are making the press,only to be retracted later.

Currently its believed the prime target was US Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.She is currently what is known as a "blue dog" democrat.She's had backing from both sides during her political career so far,and was considered "moderate".

Her shooter is believed to be Jared Loughner.First and foremost about him,he was a loon.Outright insane.He believed in "conscience dreaming",and that the US government used grammar to brainwash the population.And yes, he was what is refereed to on the net as a "grammar nazi".Among his favorite books, are The Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf.He also has a thing for books about people in "distorted reality" situations,like The Wizard of OZ,Phantom Toll Booth,and Siddhartha.In which the main character of the story gains "wisdom" thru an experience in a distorted reality.

He didnt believe in god, and thought of himself as an atheist.One of his rants was about how he was handed a bible upon enlistment into the military.He was also a flag burner,which he focused one of his video rants on,in which he burned the flag.

He had, like many loons of current times broadcast his insanity on the web for months prior to this act.Its mostly rambling rants,in one of which he refers to himself as a terrorist and disavows any desire you might have to think of him as one,all at the same time.Its pretty much textbook schizophrenic rambling across the board.People who knew him are already speaking about what they remember about him.Substance abuse and far left politics being the most mentioned so far.

The only information about him that really matters though, is that he is mentally ill.Regardless of any triggers or things that inspired him,its his metal illness that is the root.It was that insanity that caused him to commit this act.

The act itself, is not fully known at this time.How many he shot,and how many he killed,is still not confirmed and may not play out for days yet as some may still die from their wounds.The act has been met with universal condemnation by people and politicians on all sides in the US, as it should be.

The message of the event here though is plain.Yet another insane person committed yet another insane act.And he was easily spot-able as being insane long before the act was committed.Simply no one bothered to take a serious look at him,despite his behavior.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
wsoxfan
Lieutenant
Human: Yes

Re: Mass shooting aimed at US Rep. Gabrielle Giffords,and t

Post by wsoxfan »

A very tragic and sickening event. I hope that no political party uses this as political leverage (i.e. And today a member of the far right shot a member of the House of representatives...)
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

This man, Jared Loughner, sounds to be quite a bit of a nutcase, I usually don't think that what someone reads should determine much, but when you find Mein Kampf in there, well I understood that the book have some disturbing material. His last youtube video has logic that I understand, but his arguments/concludings does not make sence. Ok I understand that it might be provocative/annoying to get a "mini-bible" when in a recruitment progress, for a non-Christian. That does not justify mr. Loughner to ignore laws, also I don't think Terrorist and Revolutionary is the same. I don't understand why the US gov would use "grammar" to insert mind control, well the Gov might use "grammar" to make things look brighter then they are.

my condolences for the all the victims!
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
fool
General

Post by fool »

That whole 'grammar' thing is reminiscent of the state in 1984 stopping people thinking rebellious thoughts by controlling the language. In a country with the first amendment though, a little far fetched. I wonder how he thought it was going on :-?
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

wsoxfan wrote:A very tragic and sickening event. I hope that no political party uses this as political leverage (i.e. And today a member of the far right shot a member of the House of representatives...)
Sadly your hopes for that died right after the event.
More info on the loon:
-He's a registered independent
-He attended another meet and greet with Giffords in 2007
-He worked on Giffords re-election staff at a call bank in 2008
-He was a loner and was described as an "outcast" in high school,of which he dropped out.
-He talked about suicide on multiple occasions
-His behavior got him removed from college classes, and then barred from the college he attended.One professor is even said to have called 911 on this loon during class due to his behavior.
-He applied for the military,but was rejected
-After his behavior got him in trouble in college,he would go into irrational rants about the college calling it "unconstitutional",a "scam",and illegal.After his behavior got him rejected from military service,he did the same.

And more info about his substance abuse issues are leaking out.
-case of alcohol poisoning in high school
-and drug use during and after,mostly pot

Add in the flag burning,the atheism,his favorite books,etc... and this guys is anything but extreme rightwing.Yet outside of one,you'll be hard pressed to find a major us "news" station who doesnt have a talking head using him as an attack against the "right".

The info is still a bit lacking, but it looks like he is simply a loon who attacks things that he wants to embrace,that reject him.It appears giffords was one of those,as he'd told friends his conversations with her led him to believe she was "stupid" and "fake".He acquired this opinion of her after he asked her the question "What is government if words have no meaning?",and she didnt answer him (way back in 2007,and probably not the exact wording).

Oddly enough,he probably got his registration correct.If anything,he firmly fits in the independent category he saw himself in,even to the point of being independent of even it....
you might say an extremist independent.A party of one delusional loon.
Chuckle TM
Rhyus
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by Rhyus »

I read in a news paper that a nine year old girl was killed by this loon i hope this is not true. If it is true then my heart goes out to the family of this little girl and may she rest in peace :cry:
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Unfortunately its true.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/us/16fuller.html
Eric Fuller, 63, a military veteran who was passionate about liberal causes and who had supported Ms. Giffords, was “involuntarily committed" for mental health evaluation,....

This is what should have occurred way back with loughner.
Chuckle TM

Return to “Off Topic Comments”