Need help with RAM

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Rhyus
Colonel
Human: Yes

Need help with RAM

Post by Rhyus »

hi guys i need some help i have just bought some new RAM and i am having problems getting it to run at 1066.

The RAM i have just got is OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) 4x2GB
Motherboard Biostar TA770E
Processor AMD Athlon II x2 250 3.0Ghz
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (1 GB)
Operating System Windows VISTA home premium 64bit
Hullu Hevonen
General

Re: Need help with RAM

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

More info please

1. I would google your problem

2. I would visit the following site(s):
there is a broken link saying "It is recommended to use those Validated DDR2-1066 modules suggested by AMD2", so maybe your ram is not "validated"?
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/con ... p?S_ID=429

also your RAM model(OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066) does not seem to bee on the officially supported list
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/mem ... p?S_ID=429
though I don't see why it would not work, all rams follow a series of standards that make all brands compatible with each other.

3. read the manual
http://www.biostar.com.tw/upload/Manual ... 0604_B.zip

4. Bios.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

Me and my brother tried the bios but we had no luck just blue screened when trying to run all 4 RAM sticks at 1066, but we did manage to get it to load the operating system once but then my comp just froze. We have looked a lot with Google and we have found a few people have had the same problem as me but it doesn't look like they could figure it out but others have had no problems at all and all they have suggested is the bios which we have tried. I read somewhere that one guy had the same problem and he said that he could only get 2 sticks to run at 1066 and the other 2 at 800 and that was the only way he could get any to work at 1066. I saw that it wasn't in the supported list on biostar's website liked you suggested but there is no difference in the voltage and it says that my motherboard can run 1200 DDR2 RAM so personally i cant see my motherboard been the problem. That link you provided is the wrong motherboard it say's A770E mines a TA770E :wink: . Thanks for your help if there is anything else you can think of it would be really appreciated
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

if your not fumiliar with the BIOS, then you should not touch it, could be dangerous.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
Rhyus
Colonel

Post by Rhyus »

Im not but my brother is thats why he did it but he had no idea either, we have checked all the RAM sticks separately and they all work fine so its not a fault with the RAM. I will have to try searching the internet some more to see if i can find an answer anywhere

Return to “Off Topic Comments”