Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Re: Yeonpyeong

Post by Ruges »

But Un just wants Obama to call him.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

more threats from the nutjob of the north,and a large cyber attack on sk which evidence so far suggests came from china or nk.It will be interesting to see what the final conclusion is on the cyber attack.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I'm starting to fear that this 'who has the biggest **** contest' might get out of hand and have larger consequences then anticipated...
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
number47
General
Human: Yes

Post by number47 »

I believe China will manage to keep NK under control and prevent them from making the first move...
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

That only leaves SK and the US, who will put them on a leash, China? A second pacific war would not do good to the world economy and would be felt around the globe.
Happy Linux user!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:That only leaves SK and the US, who will put them on a leash, China? A second pacific war would not do good to the world economy and would be felt around the globe.
Well, my opinion is that SK/US will not make the first move because that would give China "right" to side with NK and I'm sure no one wants WWIII (I seriously doubt it would be confined to pacific only, especially if either side would use nuclear weapons). A "preemptive" strike from US/SK is highly ulikely in this situation. Conspiracy theorists can still talk about possibility of "false flag attack" start of the war but I don't want to go there. :wink:
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Yes, but I don't think EU and Russia has any desire to get involved, especially have the war spread to Europe, which I think could limit it to the Pacific.
Happy Linux user!
number47
General

Post by number47 »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:Yes, but I don't think EU and Russia has any desire to get involved, especially have the war spread to Europe, which I think could limit it to the Pacific.
I don't think anyone has the desire to get involved in potential war on Korean peninsula, not even the NK. But in an unfortunate events of war, even if it doesn't go nuclear, it is very unlikely that US allies will stand by doing nothing. So, with already having 4 countries on two continents involved in conflicts (NK,SK,US and China), with inclusion of only UK and possibly Australia you would already have countries from 4 continents involved in a conflict with their populations being cca. 26% of worlds population...so it isn't far from turning into a "World War". And there are many other countries that don't like the fact that their neighbour China is growing into a no. 1 superpower in the world... :-?
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

Bump

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/ ... 1-09-24-51

Granted, they're not shelling each other yet, just each others territorial waters.

Return to “Off Topic Comments”