AAR Comments re: Macedonia..Beyond Alexander's Dream

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

RollTheTracks
Sergeant
Human: Yes

AAR Comments re: Macedonia..Beyond Alexander's Dream

Post by RollTheTracks »

[Edit by Moderator: this topic was split to this section to continue a discussion without disrupting the AAR. Original thread found here]
LebaneseLion wrote:This will be based on myself(fiction of course)
Story
Ptolemy: Many years ago, a man by the name of Alexander was born in the ancient city of Byblos(Jbeil) in 1990 at the end of a civil war between Christians and Muslims. When he was one Alexander's parents took him to Macedonia to live with his cousin while they would stay in Lebanon. As Alexander grew up he was very much interested in History, Politics, War, Religion and Empires. His favorite conqueror and emperor was Alexander the Great, a Macedonian. In 1995 Alexander received a letter from his Uncle in Beirut the Iranian agents ordered by the Supreme Ruler of Iran Khameni killed his father(who was a political activist for the Christians) in Beirut at the end of the civil and liberation war. Deeply angered by this, Alexander at the age of 5 decided one day to Conquer Iran and kill the Supreme Leader. He excelled through, elementary, middle and high school. When he finished University and entered the Macedonian senate the entire cabinet of Macedonia was killed in a car bomb caused by the Greeks. Everyone in Macedonia was shocked and were angered towards Greece. The Senate immediately saw Alexander as a leader for their country because he was energetic, intelligent and a wise leader, they chose him without his approval. On January 1st 2010 at the age of 20 he entered office. This largely reminded him of Alexander the Greats ascension into the throne. At once he re organized the cabinet and the military. This was the moment he was waiting for. As an excuse to invade greece he used the killings of the former cabinet and the oppression of Macedonians in Greece. Macedonia's glory was being restored.
I dont really know you and nothing I say is motivated by personal emnity....
So called "Macedonians" are a bulgarian people that was part of the Yugoslavian Federation...when the Federation went to pieces and they achieved independence they decided that "Republic of Macedonia" sounded a lot better than Bulgarian Republic of the Former Yugoslavian Federation which would have been the most accurate.
Bottom line...The "Macedonians" you refer to have nothing to do with the Macedonians of antiquity...the ones that were led by Alexander the Great deep into Asia to kick Persian butt.
Also Alexander would never "invade" Greece mostly because he was Greek....much as all Macedonians were...because come to think of it Macedonians were a Greek people...like the Athenians or Spartans...and I'm not just saying that out of nationalist fervour just cuz I'm Greek but because Alexander himself has said so numerous times throughout his life and so did his dad as well...They were Greeks...and like all Greeks at the time they did have their bar brawls and their fisticuffs with the other Greeks but never anything serious...
At the time all that was going down your so called "Macedonians" were still somewhere in Central Asia trying to emigrate their way to where they are today.
And what is that about the "oppression" of Macedonians in Greece? I am a Macedonian in Greece (thessaloniki or salonika to be more accurate) and I tell you I'm doing great like the rest of us Macedonians are. Now there is a small Bulgarian minority which is the group of people I guess you are referring to as "macedonians" and from what I know they are doing just fine and nobody's bothering them and they are equal to any other Greek citizen!
Still the funniest part was about the Greek car bomb killing off the "Macedonian" cabinet. I mean come on! Maybe if we needed the job done in a real discreet fashion we'd resort to car bombs but it wouldnt be our style! And definitely not against "Macedonia" (btw we call it Skopje here). You usually utilize such methods when you are facing a far superior enemy and that simply isn't the case here. Most probably we'd have just invaded their sorry ass patch of land and the whole thing would be over in a couple of days when we'd reach the southern Serbian border....
RollTheTracks
Sergeant

Re: Macedonia..Beyond Alexander's Dream

Post by RollTheTracks »

Now, if there is any Lebanese heritage in you I can understand why you'd be inclined to stand up for the weak guy against the big bad bully who's pushing them around.
But I cant stress out enough that this never was the case between Greece and "Macedonia"! We never oppressed them sorry ass excuse of a people....
The whole story here revolves around their attempt to hijack the Macedonian national identity instead of building up their own which woulda been a whole lot harder.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I would put forward that interrupting someone's work of fiction with a political debate is not the best approach, particularly as your first posts on the forum. This sort of thing should be done in the off topic section perhaps with a link to it in this thread.

@LebaneseLion, let me know if you'd like some maintenance done on this thread to separate out the second topic. It's easy to split.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

hold on i dont get this, i know macedonians are not really greeks but I just went on with the story anyways for fiction..Balthagor, uhm sure you can do some maintenance
RollTheTracks
Sergeant

Post by RollTheTracks »

Balthagor wrote:I would put forward that interrupting someone's work of fiction with a political debate is not the best approach, particularly as your first posts on the forum. This sort of thing should be done in the off topic section perhaps with a link to it in this thread.

@LebaneseLion, let me know if you'd like some maintenance done on this thread to separate out the second topic. It's easy to split.
You are right and I am sorry...its just that i'm so fed up with that "Macedonian" issue I had to speak my mind out for once even if not in the most appropriate manner possible...as for it being my 1st post and totally in the wrong place well you're right but I've been following the forum for quite a while now and well...I dont know how else to excuse myself...
bottom line...i'm sorry it won't be happening again...there's no way the "Macedonians" are worth all the fuss anyway
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

RollTheTracks wrote:
Balthagor wrote:I would put forward that interrupting someone's work of fiction with a political debate is not the best approach, particularly as your first posts on the forum. This sort of thing should be done in the off topic section perhaps with a link to it in this thread.

You are right and I am sorry...its just that i'm so fed up with that "Macedonian" issue I had to speak my mind out for once even if not in the most appropriate manner possible...as for it being my 1st post and totally in the wrong place well you're right but I've been following the forum for quite a while now and well...I dont know how else to excuse myself...
bottom line...i'm sorry it won't be happening again...there's no way the "Macedonians" are worth all the fuss anyway
No problem amigo..I know what you mean, I have to deal with the same problem in Lebanon but its much larger and more problematic. Anyways now let me get back to this AAR
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Re: AAR Comments re: Macedonia..Beyond Alexander's Dream

Post by Balthagor »

@RollTheTracks; no problem, if you've been reading for a while you know I don't get upset about these things, thanks for participating.

Now that the thread is in the right location, feel free to discussion European politics if you like. This sort of things is quite popular in our off topic section.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Actually everyone is a Turk. Happy now?
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
GIJoe597
Board Admin

Post by GIJoe597 »

Ata.. boy
https://www.youtube.com/user/GIJoe597

Older/retired gamers, who do not tolerate foolishness.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/USARG
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Or wait, they are Russian.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Product information:
3 years baby
RollTheTracks
Sergeant

Post by RollTheTracks »

The Khan wrote:Actually everyone is a Turk. Happy now?
Is that wishful thinking on your part there or is it just me who thinks so? =)
Thank the cosmic forces of this universe not everyone is turkish...although you are right in a way since all balkan peoples do carry the Ottoman seed in them...kinda hard not to after half a millenium of occupation...but hey it's all in the distant past now...just a bad memory that's all...

Btw nice quote from Kemal you got there....I live a couple of blocks away from the house he was born in...too bad they got it all fenced up like a damn fortress and nobody's ever allowed to visit...I wonder what the Turkish consulate authorities are so afraid of?
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

RollTheTracks wrote:
The Khan wrote:Actually everyone is a Turk. Happy now?
Is that wishful thinking on your part there or is it just me who thinks so? =)
Thank the cosmic forces of this universe not everyone is turkish...although you are right in a way since all balkan peoples do carry the Ottoman seed in them...kinda hard not to after half a millenium of occupation...but hey it's all in the distant past now...just a bad memory that's all...

Btw nice quote from Kemal you got there....I live a couple of blocks away from the house he was born in...too bad they got it all fenced up like a damn fortress and nobody's ever allowed to visit...I wonder what the Turkish consulate authorities are so afraid of?
Product information:
3 years baby
RollTheTracks
Sergeant

Post by RollTheTracks »

The Khan wrote:...
Aw,c'mon...what are you so speechless about?
It's no secret I'm trying to start an argument here with you...yet a civilised one...
we both sound like adults so I am confident we could handle it! :D
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

RollTheTracks wrote:
The Khan wrote:...
Aw,c'mon...what are you so speechless about?
It's no secret I'm trying to start an argument here with you...yet a civilised one...
we both sound like adults so I am confident we could handle it! :D
My country can beat up your country.
Product information:
3 years baby
RollTheTracks
Sergeant

Post by RollTheTracks »

The Khan wrote:My country can beat up your country.
You do have a tendency to oversimplify don't you?
Still, you being a Turk (at least you definitely read like one, correct me if I'm wrong) and me being Greek there's a rather good chance it could come down to that sort of "mine's bigger than yours" mantra...
but it's not what I'm looking for...

I really would like to have a grown up argument with a Turk about the history between our 2 nations...judging from all the conflict and treachery that went down between us through the ages I'm guessing it would be extremely interesting(for me at least)...

So, if you think you are capable of such a feat please carry this on!!!

Return to “Off Topic Comments”