AAR Comments re: Macedonia..Beyond Alexander's Dream

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The Khan
General

Re: AAR Comments re: Macedonia..Beyond Alexander's Dream

Post by The Khan »

RollTheTracks wrote:
The Khan wrote:My country can beat up your country.
You do have a tendency to oversimplify don't you?
Still, you being a Turk (at least you definitely read like one, correct me if I'm wrong) and me being Greek there's a rather good chance it could come down to that sort of "mine's bigger than yours" mantra...
but it's not what I'm looking for...

I really would like to have a grown up argument with a Turk about the history between our 2 nations...judging from all the conflict and treachery that went down between us through the ages I'm guessing it would be extremely interesting(for me at least)...

So, if you think you are capable of such a feat please carry this on!!!
I dont give a **** about today's politics. Here we have Grey Wolves howling for Greek blood, there you have your own internet script kiddies and racist babbling "Molon Labe" "get back to Mongolia", with youtube videos that make me want to gouge my eyes out.

The common folk have nothing for enmity. I know Turkish fishermen that got harassed by Greek coast patrol, roughed up and their nets and gear confiscated, only to be pooled cash by Greek fishermen, bought from the state auction and given back to Turkish fishermen. Vice versa applies(roles reversed).

My grandparents hail from Thessaloniki, my grandma can speak Greek, and she cried the day she had to leave Greece due to the 1923 Citizen swap(bullshit by politicians, again).

As Hermann Goering says,
"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

--Goering at the Nuremberg Trials
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
RollTheTracks
Sergeant
Human: Yes

Post by RollTheTracks »

The Khan wrote: Here we have Grey Wolves howling for Greek blood, there you have your own internet script kiddies and racist babbling "Molon Labe" "get back to Mongolia", with youtube videos that make me want to gouge my eyes out.
Trust me I despise that s$$t about as much as you do. And I dont consider these viable arguments in a serious conversation. However when one's being confronted with such arguments one is forced to reply with such arguments as is the case with "Macedonia"...I'm bringing this up again because I'm guessing it was my first post about them coming from the depths of Asia to hijack the true Macedonian identity that spurred you on to intervene. I just wanted to make myself clear on that.
But there's more to it. Allow me to explain...
1)As I said I live in Thessaloniki...half the museums around here are "selling" Macedonian culture, Alexander the great, the Great March into Persia...blah blah blah...you get my drift. What allows them to do that with some authority about them is the fact that...well...the Macedonians are our ancestors and if not us then who should be the grand authority on Macedonian history?
2)Archaelogical research on the Macedonians has to go through at least one Greek University to be considered legitimate!
3)Even movies are being made in Hollywood on the Macedonians(or The Great Alex himself) and those guys if they want to depict their subject accurately will need counselling from experts in Macedonian history, the majority of whom are naturally Greek!
And trust me it has nothing to do with nationalism...it all comes down to...MONEY! I know that Greece as a nation makes a healthy income from the aforementioned activities and I really dont see why some Slavs(I say it as it is cuz that's what they are and there's nothing wrong with being a Slav) that have nothing to do with modern or ancient Macedonians should step in and claim a large if not the largest piece of the pie just out of the blue.
Especially at times like this when my country(and subsequently me) needs every source of income it can get.
The Khan wrote: The common folk have nothing for enmity. I know Turkish fishermen that got harassed by Greek coast patrol, roughed up and their nets and gear confiscated, only to be pooled cash by Greek fishermen, bought from the state auction and given back to Turkish fishermen. Vice versa applies(roles reversed).
I'm sure that's how it really goes down over there. Though in the big cities(umm...that would have to be Athens and Thessaloniki and that's about the whole list :lol: ) where most of our info comes from the media we only get to know about big bad Turkish coastal guards harassing our innocent as angels fishermen who are trying to make a decent living...*sob*...BULLSHIT I always knew there must be more to that but hey...that is Greek propaganda for you...

But there is an issue I'd like to discuss and know where you stand on that matter.
How come Turkish squadrons of F-16's, which are fully armed and ready to engage I might add, are always caught violating our Eastern Aegean national airspace and keep flying over our islands like its their own back yard? That I should add forces the Greek Air force to scramble it's own F-16's to intercept the threat and kindly kick yours out of our turf.
And that goes on day in, day out.
Do you know how much a single interception sortie for a single F-16 costs? Fuel, aircraft maintenance, pilot wages etc costs all combined? Well...A LOT! And that would be money we shouldn't have to spend. But we do spend it, due to the fact that your generals want to play "regional superpower".
I really...and I mean REALLY...would like to know what they are telling you, the Turkish people on that matter and what your personal point of view is...
The Khan wrote: My grandparents hail from Thessaloniki, my grandma can speak Greek, and she cried the day she had to leave Greece due to the 1923 Citizen swap(bullshit by politicians, again).
Well, then should you ever visit I'd be more than delighted to show you around your grandparents' home town! Free of charge of course! Although most of the city has been rebuilt at least three times over since '23 so I wouldn't expect us to actually find any of the places your grandfolks used to hang out at during their time here.

I have another question for you...I'm guessing you must have served in the army...if you are old enough that is but you seem old enough to me...I'd like to swap experiences on that matter as well.
I served with the Armored Corps at Rizia, in the Evros(I'm sure you guys got your own name for the river and I'd like to know what is is) region...The outpost we used to man on the border was right opposite to Edirne...so whenever I was on guard duty and bored out of my frigging mind I used to pick up the military grade magnifying goggles and check out what was going on the other side...
My scoping priorities would be as such and in that order
1)I would first try to scope out for open windows or balcony doors with good looking chicks behind them hoping for a sneak-peek of them doing sth they normally wouldn't want me to see... :lol: :lol: :lol:
2)When that would fail(99,999% of the time) I would try scoping the streets to get a glimpse of everyday life...I remember there was a public square or something with lots of open space and a mosque on one corner where lots of people used to gather up. That was where I mostly concentrated.
3)Lastly I would check on the Turkish Army outposts on your side of the river to see what's going on...nothing much there...some guy just like me waiting for those 3 hours to pass so he can go back to bed...Though I was appalled to see what happened to some poor guy who was caught half-asleep on duty by an officer or something(might have been an NCO or something I couldn't really tell Turkish army uniforms and ranks at the time)...man he beat the s**t out of him! I couldn't believe my eyes! Do you really let those f***ers treat enlisted personnel like that???? If anything like that ever went down in a Greek army unit the said Officer or NCO would be filling out his resignation form the moment word would get out.

Hoping in a quick reply
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

3)Lastly I would check on the Turkish Army outposts on your side of the river to see what's going on...nothing much there...some guy just like me waiting for those 3 hours to pass so he can go back to bed...Though I was appalled to see what happened to some poor guy who was caught half-asleep on duty by an officer or something(might have been an NCO or something I couldn't really tell Turkish army uniforms and ranks at the time)...man he beat the s**t out of him! I couldn't believe my eyes! Do you really let those f***ers treat enlisted personnel like that???? If anything like that ever went down in a Greek army unit the said Officer or NCO would be filling out his resignation form the moment word would get out.

Hoping in a quick reply
Yes. Unfortunately, an unspoken secret is that higher ranks treat lesser ranks like dogs, similar to a stereotypical Soviet Army.

Turkish Armed Forces maintain a draconic unofficial punishment system. A scandal broke out when a severely worn out soldier finally went to sleep, the officer made him hold a primed grenade with the pin (that delays, I dont know the exact word) for hours, eventually blowing up and killing 2 other soldiers as well, which the officer wrote off as "training accident". When the scandal was revealed, the Islamist capitalized on it as a "secular atheist evil army practice" and gained countrywide opinion on their side.

To me, it is deathly wrong, but the heads of TAF do not want to show weakness, maintaining their status quo while slowly degrading the only secular force in the country, but benefiting their present condition.

I know, Greece after overthrowing junta (or even before, I dont know exactly) became a very Left-Oriented, humanity-focused country (but went apparently overboard as the social state cannot afford the current situation, as pictured by riots). I know some students from Athens Polytechnic, the police does NOT DARE set foot in the school. If only same would be in Turkey. Here, the Police support the Rightists and invade universities regularly.
I'm sure that's how it really goes down over there. Though in the big cities(umm...that would have to be Athens and Thessaloniki and that's about the whole list :lol: ) where most of our info comes from the media we only get to know about big bad Turkish coastal guards harassing our innocent as angels fishermen who are trying to make a decent living...*sob*...BULLSHIT I always knew there must be more to that but hey...that is Greek propaganda for you...
Apparently coast guards from both sides harass each other for shits and giggles.
But there is an issue I'd like to discuss and know where you stand on that matter.
How come Turkish squadrons of F-16's, which are fully armed and ready to engage I might add, are always caught violating our Eastern Aegean national airspace and keep flying over our islands like its their own back yard? That I should add forces the Greek Air force to scramble it's own F-16's to intercept the threat and kindly kick yours out of our turf.
And that goes on day in, day out.
Do you know how much a single interception sortie for a single F-16 costs? Fuel, aircraft maintenance, pilot wages etc costs all combined? Well...A LOT! And that would be money we shouldn't have to spend. But we do spend it, due to the fact that your generals want to play "regional superpower".
I really...and I mean REALLY...would like to know what they are telling you, the Turkish people on that matter and what your personal point of view is...
I am against this. Venizelos once thought of a merger with Mustafa Kemal's Turkey. Despite British instigated war of 1919-1923, we are more than relatives.

The military and politicians only benefit military industrial complex with useless spending.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby

Return to “Off Topic Comments”