What is your opinion/view on the Lebanese Armed Forces?

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

LebaneseLion
Major
Human: Yes

What is your opinion/view on the Lebanese Armed Forces?

Post by LebaneseLion »

I have never really asked anyone who wasn't Lebanese, Syrian, Israeli, Palestinian or any other Middle Eastern ethnicity.
US.Marines2000
Sergeant

Re: What is your opinion/view on the Lebanese Armed Forces?

Post by US.Marines2000 »

My Uncle was in Beirut when the Marines where deployed. He told me a lot about the country, which prompted me to try out a Lebanese restaurant near here..ever since then every weekend I eat there. Now I was also interested in their history and armed forces. Aside from them clashing with the Palestinians, fighting the Syrians and Israelis(48) they haven't engaged in any REAL conflict. They are underrated..for a country like Lebanon, or as a matter of fact the entire middle east(excluding Iraq's Army in 2003)..they would put up heavy resistance.
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

I saw in Lord of War some Lebanese soldiers shooting Palestinian kids... and got surprised that Hollywood would do this, but then I read about what the Phalangites did in Sabra and Shatilla, and now I'm in between.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

The Khan wrote:I saw in Lord of War some Lebanese soldiers shooting Palestinian kids... and got surprised that Hollywood would do this, but then I read about what the Phalangites did in Sabra and Shatilla, and now I'm in between.
Lebanese Soldiers shooting Palestinian kids? That is unheard of? Phalanges yea yea, Syrians set it up and i can tell you how. Other than that im really surprised our soldiers would do such a thing. Maybe shooting Palestinians who where trying to take over country in the 60's and 70's but still i wouldnt think they would shoot kids.
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

LebaneseLion wrote:
The Khan wrote:I saw in Lord of War some Lebanese soldiers shooting Palestinian kids... and got surprised that Hollywood would do this, but then I read about what the Phalangites did in Sabra and Shatilla, and now I'm in between.
Lebanese Soldiers shooting Palestinian kids? That is unheard of? Phalanges yea yea, Syrians set it up and i can tell you how. Other than that im really surprised our soldiers would do such a thing. Maybe shooting Palestinians who where trying to take over country in the 60's and 70's but still i wouldnt think they would shoot kids.
strange. Sorry for the confusion, I watched Lord of War.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

I don't really know that much of the Lebanese Armed Forces, From what I have read I can conclude that they have a strong leadership, but are poorly equipped compared to eg. Israel that is it's southern neighbor. Syria is also more/better equipped, but I am not convinced that their armed forces could invade and permanently beat any armed forces in Lebanon(Lebanese Armed Forces could have a small chance to defend it's territory). I don't think LAF have much chance against Israel, but Israel would suffer internationally greatly from just attacking. Lebanon is host to many guerrilla groups, and internal issues are a big issue for Lebanon. I think that the LAF should be modernized(equpement wise, and training wise).
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
LebaneseLion
Major

Post by LebaneseLion »

Hullu Hevonen wrote:I don't really know that much of the Lebanese Armed Forces, From what I have read I can conclude that they have a strong leadership, but are poorly equipped compared to eg. Israel that is it's southern neighbor. Syria is also more/better equipped, but I am not convinced that their armed forces could invade and permanently beat any armed forces in Lebanon(Lebanese Armed Forces could have a small chance to defend it's territory). I don't think LAF have much chance against Israel, but Israel would suffer internationally greatly from just attacking. Lebanon is host to many guerrilla groups, and internal issues are a big issue for Lebanon. I think that the LAF should be modernized(equpement wise, and training wise).
Syria has barley got better equipment, the Lebanese Army before it was betrayed by the Lebanese Forces smashed the Syrians Army in 1989-1990 war of liberation. Infantry Brigades and Field Artillery regiments defeated Syrian Tank, and Mechanized Battalions, Brigades and Divisions. Unfortunately information on this is not published a lot. The Syrians have burned the documents or battle plans or are in Syria after they occupied Lebanon. We are trying to modernize our equip, but if we try to get any anything advanced. Some cover up incident happens and Hezbollah takes it. Currently the Lebanese Airborne Brigade uses Digital Bush/Savannah camouflage which suits our land very well, and use M-4. I hope they expand it.
elie
Corporal

Post by elie »

WELL , I THINK THE LEBANESE GUY POST THIS HAVE A POLITCAL SITUATION FROM INSIDE , I AM LEBANESE AND CHRISITAN TOO BUT I UNDERSTAND HEZBOULLAH REASONS IN THERE FIGHT , ALSO THE MEDIA IN THE WEST ALWAYS CREATE A BAD IDEA ABOUT THIS RESISTANCE IN LEBANON , IF YOU TAKE AN EXAMPLE ABOUT FRANCE RESISTANCE YOU WLL FIND THE ANSWERS ABOUT THIS CONFLICT, I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT EQUIPED LAF BUT THE BIG QUESTION DID ISREAL AND U.S.A WANT THIS TO HAPPEN , IF A SMALL RESISTANCE IN LEBANON TAKE OUT ISREAL TROOPS WHAT ABOUT HAVING A BIG ARMY ARMORED . HEZBOULLAH NOT TERRORIST BUT WHEN THEY BOMB PPL WITH F16 JUST TO KILL WHAT YOU WHOULD DO ???
Eldin
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Eldin »

elie wrote:WELL , I THINK THE LEBANESE GUY POST THIS HAVE A POLITCAL SITUATION FROM INSIDE , I AM LEBANESE AND CHRISITAN TOO BUT I UNDERSTAND HEZBOULLAH REASONS IN THERE FIGHT , ALSO THE MEDIA IN THE WEST ALWAYS CREATE A BAD IDEA ABOUT THIS RESISTANCE IN LEBANON , IF YOU TAKE AN EXAMPLE ABOUT FRANCE RESISTANCE YOU WLL FIND THE ANSWERS ABOUT THIS CONFLICT, I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT EQUIPED LAF BUT THE BIG QUESTION DID ISREAL AND U.S.A WANT THIS TO HAPPEN , IF A SMALL RESISTANCE IN LEBANON TAKE OUT ISREAL TROOPS WHAT ABOUT HAVING A BIG ARMY ARMORED . HEZBOULLAH NOT TERRORIST BUT WHEN THEY BOMB PPL WITH F16 JUST TO KILL WHAT YOU WHOULD DO ???
Just a friendly reminder that writing in all caps is considered shouting according to the netiquette. Click this link for more information about netiquette: http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/08/14/ho ... etiquette/

Return to “Off Topic Comments”