Re: The French Navy vs The British Navy

Post by LebaneseLion »

FRANCE!
Mission Space
Colonel
Human: Yes

Post by Mission Space »

Hmmm...tough question I will choose later but UK has two Aircraft carriers..yet I would think France has better Technology!
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

UK of course. The French navy would be sitting at port not wanting to fight when it gets destroyed. Its even happend before. UK had to go down and destroy the french navy that was sitting at port so the germans did not take control of them.
Spetznaz123
Lieutenant

Post by Spetznaz123 »

Ruges wrote:UK of course. The French navy would be sitting at port not wanting to fight when it gets destroyed. Its even happend before. UK had to go down and destroy the french navy that was sitting at port so the germans did not take control of them.
That's just unjust..Why does everyone say France surrenders if they only lost a battle in in ww2?
Алекса́ндр Васи́льевич Колча́к
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Becouse it has been repeated threwout history time and time again. even in recent years. Where not just talking about one battle here.
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

I smell a thread going down hill...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Spetznaz123
Lieutenant

Post by Spetznaz123 »

Ruges wrote:Becouse it has been repeated threwout history time and time again. even in recent years. Where not just talking about one battle here.
Iraq? so what about Italy they didn't join. Name me a few times..I always end up defending France....
Алекса́ндр Васи́льевич Колча́к
Ruges
General

Post by Ruges »

Well then lets go back to the 1700's. (we could go back futher those those era's are boring). From the 1700-1800 france is in allot of civil war. it goes back and forth a few times. I dont know much about em. But the government changes somthing like 4 times during this period. what was going on there? Then in the early 1800's you have a guy exspanding Frances borders. Does an ok job but looses a few key wars. The people dont want him anymore and do all kindsa crap to prevent him as being there leader. Key here being they retreated on some wars becouse the people did not want to fight. Then that brings us to the Franco Prussian war. France again goes on the offensive. However poor leadership forces armies tobe spread out to thin where some retreat and some surrender and some are defeated. Evenualy the war came back into france, and caused france to surrender. There people where starving, and they welcomed german military rations that where offered to them.

Then we have WW1. As we all know this turned into trench warfare. where a stalemate happend. At which point the US came in and cleared up the place. It was then germanies time slaped on the wrist. France not only claimed victory for this war they also rubed german faces in it. (one of the reason why WW2 started). But we should point out that if outside help had not come France would have been defeated again.

20 years later Hours after Germany declares war on Russia and France. France declares war on Germany. A few months later germany captures Paris and paris surrenders. Infact they fell rather quickly. They even go as far as to create a new government to assist there conqurers. 4 years after that Allied forces then move in to france and liberate the country.

After that France tries to reclaim its Indochina territories it lost while under german occupation. But quickly give up the fight after loosing a big battle. and the UN steps in saying the region will be under its own control.

Which then brings us to Iraq. The war right or wrong was going to happen. A country which believed Iraq to pose a threat was asking for permision and aid from other national countries. And recieved strong opposition from france. A country which had once ben under simular difficulties as Iraq whiched to leave the country be. Of course it was selling munitions to the country. But anyways right or wrong France still chose not to fight.

If you acualy look at the history of France they have been in allot of wars. I bet they have lost more wars then most countries have been in. And most of these wars allot of the populous are against it. Usualy causing a defeat for the lack of will to win. I think the sinking of the French ships at the port of Mers-el-Kebir really sums up the frenches attitude towards war.
Feltan
General

Post by Feltan »

Balthagor wrote:I smell a thread going down hill...
Ask, and you shall receive ......

The only thing that would go down faster than the French Navy is Lindsey Lohan at a VH1 awards ceremony.

Regards,
Feltan
ETA Five Minutes ......
w00tang
Major

Post by w00tang »

French tanks have 7 gears, 6 for reverse and one in case the enemy is coming from behind them! [_]O
No offence to any French people here, it's all just a bit of a joke.

But as for the question, hard to say. I'd go with the French. Their economy is a bit more stable than the poms, but then again, they have more racial tensions going on. I'll leave myself undecided.
NEVER go to Canberra.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

French Navy:
-42,866 soliders
-7,200 civilians
-81 Ships
-223 air crafts
Has stronger surface vessels.

British Navy:
-42,600 soliders
-38,510 reserves
-115 Ships
-240 air crafts

British has stronger and more aircraft carriers. More subs & Stronger.

It would be a thight fight but I go with the Brits
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

StrikeForce20 wrote:I was inspired by Khan to ask this question. [_]OT

Wtf..
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
Mission Space
Colonel

Post by Mission Space »

The Khan wrote:

Wtf..
I think what he means is, On that no more X vs Y country thread, you posted something more intersting like the US naval pacific fleet vs the Russian pacific fleet i think.
fool
General

Post by fool »

[sarcasm detected]
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Return to “Off Topic Comments”