Swiss Minaret Ban

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

The Khan
General

Swiss Minaret Ban

Post by The Khan »

Opinions? I have one, but I will give it after I see a few non-muslim Western opinions in the thread.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
Nero
Captain

Re: Swiss Minaret Ban

Post by Nero »

Yeah, seeing all the stuff I've seen below I think I'd rather stay quiet for a while and consider a change of opinion.
Last edited by Nero on Dec 06 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Lea
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by Lea »

"Please, do not frighten the ostrich, the floor is concrete".
Why muslims aren't ashamed to frighten little Swisses?
fool
General

Post by fool »

My opinion: wtf?
I quite like minarets tbh. They just look pretty nice.
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
sa_3_d911
Brigadier Gen.

Post by sa_3_d911 »

i personally recognize a great danger ahead ,i mean 57% of Switzerland population is for it . that is very dangerous & i don't want to exaggerate but with some officials in the Netherlands calling for the same kind of pull this will have more bad affect on the muslim public than the Iraq war .Because this ,unlike the iraq war ,truly represent the will of the population & as i always say the never ending circle of some westerners afraid of muslims so they act out of fear ,results in anger in the muslim world & crazy people like Osama bin laden uses that to gain more terrorists who kill more innocent civilians & the anger increases & on & on .so i think that this was the stupidest move in history & is far stronger than any pull about the true feelings of the world towards the Muslim world & we better watch what we do next .because that was a huge surprise to me & I don't think that this is the end of the story
"If I weren't an Egyptian, I would have wished to be an Egyptian" Mostafa kamel

MAY THE SOULS OF THE THOUSANDS WHO GAVE UP THERE MOST PRECIOUS THING FOR US REST IN PEACE ,AMIN
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Now let me speak up:

The Interesting part is that the act is said to resist Islamist expansion, since the Minarets are actually not mandatory in Quran(earliest mosques were without them), but a cultural aspect (just like Catholic priests being unable to marry, despite Bible commanding them to have a family to run).

If they are upset about an "Islamic Expansion", "why-" must I ask, "-did the arms sales pass in the same referandum"? Switzerland selling arms to some decrepit diamond and banana republics?

Isn't it lovely? To Exploit the political instability of the Third World and sell arms, while being the World's bank AND avoiding contributing to EU despite being in the heart of Europe?

IF this Switzerland aimed to be a country resisting and abjuring "foreign cultural invasion", trying to be a stable, democratic, and ESPECIALLY NEUTRAL country, why are Minarets bad, but selling arms to other countries good? I know, selling arms on its own is not much but this falls straight into the :"Having your cake and eating it too" category?
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Product information:
3 years baby
Legend
General

Post by Legend »

My opinion... i have enough to worry about in my own country to have an opinion on this topic.
fool
General

Post by fool »

There's no point in having cake if you don't eat it. The inherent worth of cake lies in being eaten.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Legend wrote:My opinion... i have enough to worry about in my own country to have an opinion on this topic.
First, the ban encouraged every white supremacist and "White Nationalist" organisation to ask for more. I'm not a fan of Islam but this act just will make nothing better.
Product information:
3 years baby
Spetznaz123
Lieutenant

Post by Spetznaz123 »

Hmmm Churches are banned in Iran and Saudi Arabia..
Алекса́ндр Васи́льевич Колча́к
sa_3_d911
Brigadier Gen.

Post by sa_3_d911 »

Spetznaz123 wrote:Hmmm Churches are banned in Iran and Saudi Arabia..
& is that right ??? or do you want Europe to be similar to the Iranian regime & about Saudi arabia i think that it has a special case ,being the holiest country in the world for muslims ,but nevertheless it is still wrong if freedom of religion is still something that we doubt then we haven't really become any smarter than the 17th century days !!!

MAY THE SOULS OF THE THOUSANDS WHO GAVE UP THERE MOST PRECIOUS THING FOR US REST IN PEACE ,AMIN
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

sa_3_d911 wrote:
Spetznaz123 wrote:Hmmm Churches are banned in Iran and Saudi Arabia..
& is that right ??? or do you want Europe to be similar to the Iranian regime & about Saudi arabia i think that it has a special case ,being the holiest country in the world for muslims ,but nevertheless it is still wrong if freedom of religion is still something that we doubt then we haven't really become any smarter than the 17th century days !!!
He says that when Iranians and Saudis, being 2 Major countries of Islam, completely disallowing Churches, don't have much to say if the whole West would ban Islamic culture.
being the holiest country in the world for muslims
I wonder if Switzerland, being that close to Vatican, could claim to be a Christian country.

The West does everything not to be named "a Christian Country", let's look at Arab Countries and some Muslims:

In England, muslim immigrants say "thank you for allowing us into your country".

Infidels are not allowed into Mecca. It is strictly muslims only.
Product information:
3 years baby
sa_3_d911
Brigadier Gen.

Post by sa_3_d911 »

i actually read in today's newspaper that the Far right more specifically the party in Switzerland that is responsible for the vote on this said that they want to do another vote on forbidding women's head cover "hijab" & other similar stuff to stop the "islamication of Switzerland " some sources actually went as far as saying that they would forbid muslims from building graves ,i think that this is too far for a nation that calls it self liberal ,i mean when you see stuff like that from iran it is no surprise ,but from a liberal nation ,it isn't & by the way khan i am against churches not being allowed to be build in Saudi arabia ,but i agree that non muslims shouldn't be allowed to visit mecca & madena ,as a former muslim i though you would get that

fool
General

Post by fool »

lulz, they put an apostrophe in "Its". Not as funny as "death to all zionist juice", but still...

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
SGTscuba
General

Post by SGTscuba »

with have something similar with a Mosque they wanted to build in Dudley, much bigger then their needs, and was to be built very close to the town centre, many people opposed it, and so the local council rejected planning permission, so they went to the high court who then gave them permission to build it. It just shows that people wishes are not listened to, as many people (majority) did not want it, and even viewed it as potentially going to be an eyesore on the town. It hasn't been built yet, and the work hasn't begun yet, as they haven't got all the money they needed and the council would not give them any money to help them, as in their eyes they had not given permission to build it. (BTW Dudley is in the UK)
My SR:U Model Project, get the latest and post suggestions here:

http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=28040

Return to “Off Topic Comments”