Fort Hood mass shooting

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Kreiger815
Colonel

Fort Hood mass shooting

Post by Kreiger815 »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting

I wouldn't think this could happen in a military base, particularly with this many dead and wounded.
sa_3_d911
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Fort Hood mass shooting

Post by sa_3_d911 »

Kreiger815 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting

I wouldn't think this could happen in a military base, particularly with this many dead and wounded.

agreed ,how could this man be allowed with 2 guns on a military base & no one noticed & how the heck did he get to kill so many people & take so long before being shot
Last edited by sa_3_d911 on Nov 05 2009, edited 1 time in total.
"If I weren't an Egyptian, I would have wished to be an Egyptian" Mostafa kamel

MAY THE SOULS OF THE THOUSANDS WHO GAVE UP THERE MOST PRECIOUS THING FOR US REST IN PEACE ,AMIN
Kreiger815
Colonel

Post by Kreiger815 »

The base is still locked down, so we won't know details for a while.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get guns on the base though. Since the shooter was an officer, chances are high he had an on-base house, where keeping guns wouldn't be prohibited. Being a Major, he may have had the pull to get some from the Armory as far as I know.

I'm willing to bet also that this happened in a residential area of the base, which is why no one would be able to stop him immediately.
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

sa_3_d911 wrote:

agreed ,how could this man be allowed with 2 guns on a military base & no one noticed & how the heck did he get to kill so many people & take so long before being shot
Seriously?
Despite this quote
Soldiers at Fort Hood don't carry weapons unless they are doing training exercises.
Its a military base, for starters most MPs will most likely be carrying, gate guards defiantly should be for base perimeter protection (if they arent, then it would be the easiest base to get into lol)

Also, it would most likely be quite easy for an officer to book out a couple of weapons from the armoury under the pretence of going to the firing range (though, tbh the firing range and armoury should be close together so that should be unlikely without a major lack in security)

Being an ex-soldier myself, I can tell you, its not that hard to imagine, amount of times I walked around areas of my base with my rifle is more than I could count, and I wasn't even an officer or MP, I was just front-line infantry
Granted, most of the time, we had no live ammo on us, but its pretty easy to hid enough ammo and a magazine to cause some pretty serious damage

TBH, Im waiting for accusations of him being apart of a terrorist cell due to him being Islamic

Edit: I see no mention of what weapons were used, so its possible they could of been sidearms, which could be quite easy to conceal until pulled out
Of course if it was a rifle, I do agree, suspicions should have been aroused, I wouldnt have thought even MPs would be carrying rifles off the perimeter
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Be best to give it about a day, before putting faith in anything released on the news.
Turns out the shooter lived though, so answers will be coming, and alot arent likely to be happy with them.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

Now I have never been to Fort Hood, atleast I dont think, But I have been on many bases. And I gota tell you its pretty easy to get on. In many cases its as simple as having the right sticker on your windshield, which gives you the wave threw. And on a base of 52,000 plus support individuals, you have so many people coming and going they are not checking each and every vehicle that comes in. Its really kinda sad how un-secure our bases are. Although with that said, while it is easy to get onto base, It does not give you access to everything on the base. There are still more layers of security, for more sensitive area's.

As for the events of today. I feel bad for the deads families. Its screwed up. Its a little shocking how many he killed and wounded. And I am not sure if that shows how well trained he is, or how lax a response was to the shooting. But I am sure in the coming days, weeks or months we will get reports showing how he had signs that he had mental issues, and it was clear he would do somthing like this, and somthing should have been done before hand.
Kreiger815
Colonel

Post by Kreiger815 »

BigWolf wrote:
Seriously?
Despite this quote
At the time of my post, it did not state that, reading comprehension is not an issue here.
BigWolf
Brigadier Gen.

Post by BigWolf »

Kreiger815 wrote:
BigWolf wrote:
Seriously?
Despite this quote
At the time of my post, it did not state that, reading comprehension is not an issue here.
My apologies, I was not aware they had reworded the article since you posted it
I was merely stating that specific quote within the news article sounded daft too me
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Finally a shooter that had balls, going for a military target instead of eg. a school whit children. I think this is a horrible act but i also think that it's better than if the shooter would shoot innosent civilians, the army atleast has a better chance of minimizing the damage.

I light a candle... ?+ (<-light bolb suposed to represent a candle)

The shooter was proboly a trusted person since he was a psychiatrist
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
fool
General

Post by fool »

It said on BBC that the guns were privately owned.
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
LebaneseLion
Major
Human: Yes

Post by LebaneseLion »

What was his name?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

His name was Nidal M. Hasan.

He was a first generation american of palestinian hertitage.His parents moved here before he was born.

He considered himself palestinian

He had a high paying job (for the army pay scale) in the army.

He was "devotely" muslim

He claimed he had been harrassed over his heritage,mostly to his family.No harrassments reports have been found by the army or the Muslim veteran affairs.A felllow soldier reported that he had claimed to him that other soldiers had harrassed him.The soldier than looked into it, and came to the conclusion that the harrassment claim was made up after talking with the other soldiers accused of the harrassment.

He has mixed reports in relation to his patients and co workers.Most said he was extremely good at his job,others said he was argumentative.He was a psychiatrist whos job was to help those returning from war.Its surmised burnout may be partly responsible.

He had gotten a bad job review not long ago,but many other good ones.

He was very anti-war, at least where afghanistan and iraq where concerned.Its been reported he had many loud arguments with other soldiers who were suppporters of said war.

He came to the FBI's attention about 6 months prior to this, for postings on the internet in his name,that were very pro muslim militant.They failed to follow up though,saying they werent able to positively says the postings were his.An example of one of the postings was about how "Muslims should rise up" .There are also reports from people he encountered who said he said the same thing in person on occassion.
Another post attributed to him, compared suicide bombers to heroes.
Hassan had also told fellow soldiers "he was happy" about the death of a US soldier at a military recruitment centre in Arkansas,in an attack that was commited by a self proclaimed Jihadist.

He had recently tried to get a wife thru a muslim program run by one of his immans,but had so far been unsuccessful.He had specified in his paperwork for a wife, that she must be devotely muslim.

He had just been assigned deployment in Iraq.

He had told his family and fellow soldiers,that such deployment was his worst nightmare.

His attack took place in the processing center,where soldiers gather to get ready for a deployment.Lots of soliders,not very large room.

Two police reached the seen in an estimated 3 minutes, and engaged hassan.

He had used two pistols, at least one with an extended clip (bought 13 clips 30 shots each)

He had tried to get out of the army, when he found out he was going to be deployed.Even hiring lawyers.

He had been in the army for most of his adult life, the army had paid for almost his entire college education.

He graduated from Virginia Tech.
--
He shouted "Allahu Akbar" as he committed the murders.

He attended a mosque in virginia where one of the imams was a supporter of al-Qaeda, a "spirtual leader" of two 911 hijackers,a ex-vice president of a yemini charity that is a front for al-Qaeda,etc... etc...
--
*He had businsess cards that listed his occupation as SoA , and had the further annotation of SWT.
SoA=common jihadist acronym for Soldier of Allah
SWT=common jidadist acronym for Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, Glory to God.

*FBI has examined his computer and found a large amount of visits to a large amount of jihadist websites.And growing list of different internet usernames and emails to hide his identity.

*a growing list of other muslim radicals with terrorist ties, located around the world ,he had contacted.

*During what was supposed to be a lecture by him on metal health issue to his medical colleagues,he spent the hour instead lecturing them about the Quran, holy war against the infidels and suicide bombers.

*Hasan recommended that the military identify conflicted Muslims and release them as conscientious objectors to avoid “adverse events.” Written comments accompanying his PowerPoint presentation said that when Muslims fight for God against injustices of the infidel, they become potent adversaries capable of suicide bombing. One of his points read, “We love death more than you love life.”

Thats ^ what ive seen reported so far, thats holding up to examination at this time.
Last edited by tkobo on Nov 16 2009, edited 3 times in total.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
LebaneseLion
Major
Human: Yes

Post by LebaneseLion »

Interesting, if it happened here God knows what would have happened..
fool
General

Post by fool »

He was very anti-war, at least where afghanistan and iraq
I think it's obvious that he wasn't anti-war.
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ruges
General
Location: Nearby, really I'll see you tonight when your sleeping

Post by Ruges »

fool wrote:I think it's obvious that he wasn't anti-war.
no, no, no. You can be anti-war, anti-violence, Anti-pro choice....... and still go out and kill other people. After all you are the only right person, everyone else is wrong and you must show them the correct way that killing is bad by going out and killing more.

Return to “Off Topic Comments”