Why BattleGoat?

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Post by XeroMan »

It's a cool name, how did you come up with it? Did the plush goat with the helmet come first, or later? (maybe you could include one with the "collector's edition" :razz: )
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

The goat actually did come first :grin: We used to own the Hamilton CompuSmart and it was sent to us (as retailers) to promote the game "Worms Armagddon". (Even though it's a goat, I imagine it is supposed to represent the Super Sheep in that game.)

Well... The Goat became sort of a mascot (when you squeeze him it "BAAAAAHS") and when were searching for a name, he was right there on the desk giving us inspiration. After that it was just finding the right combination in the name that the .COM wasn't taken :grin: (Boy people will squat anything...)

As for including one in the "Collector's Edition" of the game... We are trying to do something like that - actually send them to Gaming Press, but I haven't been able to track down the manufacturer (they may have gone belly-up).
XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Post by XeroMan »

Supersheep, dread weapon of unprecedented power. A group of us played worms a great deal, and one guy used it so much we came up with a very naughty name for him which I can't share here. :grin: But it started with "Sheep" and ended in "er".

Return to “Off Topic Comments”