Decent Graphics Card agh

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Empier4552
General

Post by Empier4552 »

Hey for anyone interested or with time I'm looking for a decent graphics card here prefrebly UNDER 100$ (I know..its like askng for a miracle). Right now im stuck with a 32MB TNT2 Ultra M64 NVidia card (Dell provided) but it seems not to be cutting it anymore.

Any ideas of a decent uptodate card I could get?
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

You should be able to find GeForce2MX Cards with 64Meg for well under $100US. I just got one by "PowerColor" for about $90 Canadian (which translates into about $1.99 US :smile: )
XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Post by XeroMan »

Try http://www.tomshardware.com They have a section on graphics cards. They usually spend a lot of time talking about the latest biggie, but I think they have suggestions for the bargin shopper as well, or links to sites with price ranges.

I purchased a GeForce2MX card with 64 megs for about $150 cdn. It works. Just watch out for GeForce MX, they are like the Celeron/Duron of the videocard world, lower quality. They suffice though.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Im looking into this myself now.
From what ive read you are better off getting a geforce 3 ti200 or ti500 than a g4 mx440/460.

Also from what Ive seen shopping for prices if you really look you can get a g3 ti 200 to 500 for about that $100 range.

I hope to be buying a g3 ti500 sometime next week.Price watch has one listed for $100 even ,including shipping.This is just about what i can afford.
George Geczy
General

Post by George Geczy »

The ATI Radeon 8500 and 9000 series are also worthy of consideration; they have some pluses and minuses compared to nVidia, though right now the Radeon 9700 is the fastest 'gaming class' card available (though the 9700 is a fair bit more than $100 US).

-- George.

Return to “Off Topic Comments”