Politics and Political Stories...

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

What political stories intrigue you? In Canada now we have lots of Leadership questions among the Political Parties. Feel free to tell us what interests you politically.
crazy_merch
Corporal

Post by crazy_merch »

Hi,

For me as german i want to know concerning canada: here in germany you often see and hear that there is a big rivaly even enemity between french and english speaking canadians.

Is it really so bad your relationship there in that beautiful country??

greedings from germany

crazy_merch
BattleGoat
General
Human: Yes

Post by BattleGoat »

Personally I don't think the relationship between French and English Canadians is as bad as a lot of the politicians want to portray it. Certainly there is resentment both ways, but then the politicians step in and try to spin it to whatever cause they're promoting.

Most English Canadians really can't imagine our country without Quebec, and I think that most Quebecers are also proud they are Canadian.

That said, we're still going to break up our country as part of the Supreme Ruler 2010 scenario :smile:
- David
XeroMan
Lt. Colonel

Post by XeroMan »

Well first off, I want to say it's extremely gratifying to see a company such as yours right here in Ontario. The game looks exactly like what I have been looking for for years. The closest thing that came to satisfying my craving was MOO2.
As a Canadian, I'm ashamed to say that I don't pay a whole lot of attention to Canadian politics, except for before the elections when I do catch-up. Seems that the liberals had things locked up pretty tight with the splintering of the right, and I think this is a good thing. The liberals are in the center of the spectrum, tending a little to the right in the last decade. The "right" seems to be following the trend of our great southern neighbour, and are pushing to the HARD right. The same is true of Ontario and Alberta. It is interesting to note that it is the wealthy provinces that are tending towards neo-conservatism, but hardly a surprise. As a Canadian, I am disturbed by the trends and what they portend for the future. I have great respect for America, and I have a great deal of interest in thier politics, but I have no desire to rebuild Canada in their image.

Return to “Off Topic Comments”