So which is the most bad ass tank of today?

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Which is the best?

1)ztz 99
7%
2)M95 Degman
7%
3)T-90
10%
4)abrams m1a3
31%
5)leopard 2a6
45%

Total votes: 29
The Khan
General

Re: So which is the most bad ass tank of today?

Post by The Khan »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MÄ°TÃœP_Altay

Since we have completely no future tanks, some new project is started. It is not existant, but will be.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Thanks.
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Product information:
3 years baby
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

It looks good but it has a turret similar to the Merkava tank. Speaking of which, how come the latest version of the Merkava tank isn't on the list? I here it may have a 155 mm gun in it along with a new armor suit.
SoB
Brigadier Gen.

Post by SoB »

Chesehead wrote:It looks good but it has a turret similar to the Merkava tank. Speaking of which, how come the latest version of the Merkava tank isn't on the list? I here it may have a 155 mm gun in it along with a new armor suit.

A 155mm darn what do they whant that for how much ammo will it have rate of fire will be slow or it is going to be a big tank and a big target
You plastic soldiers i will turn you in to real soldiers

CPO Mzinyati
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

The Russians are working on it too, but they are running into problems. A 155 gun probably has a better chance of killing an Abrams as well. Plus it would do wonders agaist buildings and such. :-)
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

I'm not an active researcher concerning guns and tanks but I heard newest russian tank will have scrap-shooter-shotgun-alike rpg deflection system or something. Does israel have it too?
Product information:
3 years baby
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

I'm sure the ISraili's are trying to devolpe such a thing. The Russians have had an active defense system from the 80's, so they have experince with such a system. I think the Black eagle, the latest russian tank will have the Drozida 3 system. I don't remeber if the Isriali's have put a system on the latest Merkava, but I'm sure they are looking into a system that can deal with RPG's and such. The problem with such a system and also Explosive reaction armor is that it shoots fragments, which can hurt or kill nearby infantry.
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

No one can really say which tank is the meanest one around. None of them will ever face each other, unless a very far in the future version of the Abram goes aganist the T-90. But by then the T-90 would be like the T-72. No challenge, no real honor in killing, :lol: but is fun to blow up. Although the Merkava is a nice tank and I might have voted for it, I still think the Abram would even end its life. However, its not the tank that wins, but the crew manning. :lol: A T-34 could disable an Abram, if the crew was giving a chance and a Sherman could disable whatever MTB of this day. The tank is only as good as the men who use them.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
Darkreaper
Lieutenant

Post by Darkreaper »

no i dont think so, a sherman would get slaughtered going up against Any modern MBT, and as for the T-34 it might last 1 round but i dont see it doing any real damage against chobham or composite armour
bergsjaeger
General

Post by bergsjaeger »

:lol: Disable, not take out. Yes, any WW2 tank wouldn't stand a chance aganist a MBT of today, unless the crew of the MBT is a bunch of idiots, I just was pointing out no MBT is better than any other when you compare them on paper. They have to opening enage one another, which will never happen...unless we have a WW3, only then could anyone say which one is better.
In war destroy everything even the livestock.
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

Berg has a point, in modern times, slight differences between equipment is not the matter, but the coordination of the crew. Think of two jets going into dogfight, a single moment's slight or an overlooked missile signal, or a milisecond difference of evasive maneuvre means death, no hit points going down, no life meters. Just a gone jet and an endangered pilot who must eject in miliseconds or die.

As technology goes faster, randomness and luck and nerves strained to the limit are more important.
Product information:
3 years baby
Chesehead
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Chesehead »

I agree in that its all about the troop training. The reson why the Abrams and Merkavas are so good is in that their crews are the best in the world. The T-90 is basiccly A t-72. if there were WW3, it would be fought between T-80's and Abrams as the Russians have hardly produced the T-90.
I ask then this, why isn't the Black Eagle on the list.
This is probably the best Russian tank in their aresonal. Although primarlly for export, it could still be fielded in the Russian Army. It also has many fetures of European tanks as well. ( First Russian tank with an turret overhang)
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Old thread but most appropriate place to post this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... Mb5c#at=22
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
target
Corporal

Post by target »

I would like to vote M95 always . [_]OT

Return to “Off Topic Comments”