Interesting news on Saudi and other new oil projects

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Re: Interesting news on Saudi and other new oil projects

Post by tkobo »

So basically the cornell university study arrived in part at the conclusion,they dont know ?I can see how thats very strong evidence.....

And your other premiss is,i have to know individually the members of heavens gate,before i can know they were loons ?How about Aum Shinrikyo ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

That's a person, not a group. If you can find wiki entries on everyone who supports AGW, I'll leave your comments about them alone.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

?
heavens gate was a group of loons.A cult to be more exact.
Aum Shinrikyo,was also a group of people.Another cult to be more exact.

No clue what "person" your referring to.
Chuckle TM
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Ah, I didn't read that one far enough, my mistake.

You still come across on extremes, as if every person who thinks recycling is a good idea is in this "loon" group. I just don't like he way you approach these topics and the way you post about them. I'm done for now.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

and ill repeat..... sillyness and exaggeration...

NO where do i say im against recycling.NO where do i equate recycling with ecolunacy.

Irrational fears of some new technology,is however lunacy.And crying and moaning about possible unknown "dangers" to the environment that might possibly,could possibly,maybe even could possibly occur due to the use of a new technology IS irrational fear,and IS lunacy.

Study it, find something tangible,til then, they are just whining about the bogey man in the closet.And when they fail to find something tangible,get the heck out of the way so rational people can benefit from the advancement.

And should they actually find some "hidden danger",they should concentrate on making the tech work so not to have said "hidden danger",not try and throw the tech out.

Could you imagine if software was treated this way.....Your game relegated to the trash heap because of some imagined flaw or bug ?People showing up tossing a constant stream of false claims against it ? Proof to support their claims would be viewed as very important by you then,wouldnt it ?

Not hard to imagine at all is it ....
chuckle tm
Chuckle TM
fool
General

Post by fool »

crying and moaning about possible unknown "dangers" to the environment that might possibly,could possibly,maybe even could possibly occur due to the use of a new technology IS irrational fear,and IS lunacy.

Study it, find something tangible,til then, they are just whining about the bogey man in the closet.And when they fail to find something tangible,get the heck out of the way so rational people can benefit from the advancement.
If the study of a new technology is being obstructed, as seems to be the case from a cursory glance, it is not irrational to wonder about possible safety hazards from its use. If the technology is in use, there would be statistical methods to test for possible safety hazards, but as I said, I've only glanced and certainly haven't read this study to see if they do this.

It seems analogous to a food manufacturer being allowed to keep its ingredients secret. I would indeed be somewhat nervous about eating something if I knew the ingredients were not publically known. I must be missing something here though: surely chemicals used and the general process aren't hidden from regulators? Has the EPA commissioned its own study on this topic, and if so, what did they say?
"All warfare is based on deception...
Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

tkobo wrote:?

Heaven's Gate was a groop of loons who commited suicide so they could be lifted up to there spacecraft hidden in Hailey's Commet, so what's the corelation?
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Col_Travis wrote:
tkobo wrote:?

Heaven's Gate was a groop of loons who commited suicide so they could be lifted up to there spacecraft hidden in Hailey's Commet, so what's the corelation?
Who are we to judge them, we don't live in the stone age any more where the peebs in the tribe or the elders judge. We have laws and legas systems, let them take care of the judging part. Whats not to say that their religion was more correct than say Christianity, Islam or Atheism? all are belief systems where the peebs expect a next life(except for atheism, where you simply die and become a source of new life for bugs and worms etc), in this religion they expected to continue their lives at a space ship, like in Christianity when you die you expect to get a next life or whatever in heaven or hell. So Personally, I don't really care if 39 peebs suicided for their beliefs, what I care about is these people following laws and not forcing others to kill or suicide. In my opinion, from fast reading wikipedia on the subject, they don't seem like "loons".
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
fool
General

Post by fool »

Whats not to say that their religion was more correct than say Christianity, Islam or Atheism?
Let's not get into a discussion about it, but atheism is not a religion or even a belief system.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Col_Travis
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Col_Travis »

fool wrote:
Whats not to say that their religion was more correct than say Christianity, Islam or Atheism?
Let's not get into a discussion about it, but atheism is not a religion or even a belief system.
If Pliny the Elder was an athiest, then I'd say that it is a belief system.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

Atheists, belive in science and so on.
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
fool
General

Post by fool »

You must be thinking of naturalism (or similar things), it's entirely possible to have an atheist that is completely batshit crazy and believes in all sorts of nonsense. Atheism refers only to the lack of belief in a god, thus it's a belief rather than a belief system.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Travis, as has been shown many times on this very forum, there are indeed atheist religions.Heres one of the largest
http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

Their doctrine is extremely solid and rational
“Nothing exists besides natural phenomena. Thought is merely a function of that natural phenomena. Death is complete, and irreversible. We have faith solely in humankind, nature, and the facts of science.”
And there are in fact religions like Unitarian Universalist church,that function on a non denominational basis,and hence have many atheists in them.

----
As for the loons of heavens gate, the correlation is to show one didnt need to "know" someone to be sure they were loons, as was premised.

Their "leader" was a confirmed paranoid schizophrenic,who heard voices in his head and followed them.He had in fact self committed himself at one point,just before traveling to mexico and getting himself castrated........

Other members also had well known psychiatric problems.
Chuckle TM

Return to “Off Topic Comments”