FREEDOM FOR THE CSA!

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Hundane
General

Re: FREEDOM FOR THE CSA!

Post by Hundane »

flood control? wasn't the main problem after Katrina that the damn burst due to lack of funding from the federal government?
I dont know the specifics about the damn burst but the US Army Corps of Engineers are responsible for developing and maintaining all the water and other enviromental resources. They manage parks, hydropower plants, lock and damns ETC.

Maybe this could become a new in-game scenario... some southern states separate, then they get hammered by a few hurricanes and the land is used as a staging/invasion point by some other country into North America.
Just make a scenario called the 2nd American Civil War. :-)

Havent seen the AI launch an inavsion of the U.S. , is this a hint that its possible in the next update ?
Legend
General
Human: Yes

Post by Legend »

I didn't think of my post as a hint towards naval landings. As mentioned before, we are working hard on it though and hope to have it in a future update. We really, really tried to get it in for update 4 but it didn't get finished in time. Doing it without the AI cheating poses some risk. We are glad to say that only our players cheat! LOL. ( CTRL+SHIFT+S ) So we'll continue to work on it, and when it's in, it'll be in.
smaller
Captain

Post by smaller »

Ye, I reckon this whole thread is a subtle scenario request...
Russia - eating lightning and crapping thunder since 860 AD
Словно хуй на голом месте стоит станция S-200
Sarcasmâ„¢
CSA Partisan
Warrant Officer

Post by CSA Partisan »

OK, let me just ask you these 2 questions:

Given what we know about the evil federal yankee government, would support a revolution against it?

Would you support a Neo-Confederacy if it were based on libertarian principals?

That's the intent of my thread.
Kreiger815
Colonel

Post by Kreiger815 »

CSA Partisan wrote:
Given what we know about the evil federal yankee government, would support a revolution against it?

Would you support a Neo-Confederacy if it were based on libertarian principals?

That's the intent of my thread.
1.)No, full revolution would be stupid and irrelevant in this day and age(in this country at least).

2.)No, the United States should remain the United States. Though I respected what the Confederacy did in some parts, they are no longer relevant and there is no reason for them to start up again(non-stupid reason at least). Local governments should be given much more power, but breaking away from the Union to do this would be the stupidest thing ever, which is why there is no support for it.
Slash78
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Slash78 »

I'm so glad that my inbred, hillbilly ancestors lost that war. Of all the horrible things to fight for. To be poor and oppressed by the Plantocracy, yet to fight so that same bunch of Oligarchs can keep their slaves? Just proves if you can keep people deprived and illiterate they'll buy into anything.
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

CSA Partisan wrote:The Confederate States of America. A nation born out of rebellion against northern elitism and oppression. A nation of states' rights, personal liberty (however flawed) and, most importantly, TRADITION. This nation gave rise to legends of the battlefield and politics. Robert E. Lee, "Stonewall" Jackson, Bragg, Jefferson Davis, all names that will be never forgotten. This nation was also invaded, plundered, and burned to the ground, it's history demonized as racist and backwards.

Firstly, I'll start with the causes of the Southern war for Independence.

A major reason was slavery. While I will not defend such an institution, it was necessary, at the time, to the southern economy. The south wasn't as densely populated or industrialized as the Yankee north. The simple fact is we needed slaves to man the plantations. Without them, the south wouldn't have had any major economic staples to trade! It would simply be on big Kosovo, poor and unviable. If there is someone to blame for slavery, it is Europe and the Federal Yankee Empire. Europe started the overseas trade and the Federals failed to either stop it immediately and free the slaves before they became even more critical, or do what everyone else did: BUY THE SLAVES AND FREE THEM. To this day, the "USA" is the only country that fought over slavery.

Another is tariffs imposed by the north on the south. This is a clear sign of economic tyranny, plain and simple. Make the north richer and the southern "Rednecks" poorer.

Cultural and political differences played a lesser role, but nonetheless contributed.

Now, secession at this point wasn't illegal. It was perfectly legal. And 11 states went that route and were well within their rights, especially since they voted on the issue and the public supported their decisions. If Kosovo can democratically secede from Serbia, then it is hypocritical for the "USA" to tell us we can't leave their Empire. If Scotland can secede from the UK (which it will eventually) then it would be hypocritical for us to be forbidden from doing so over here. It was also the intention of the founding fathers to make the union a political and military ALLIANCE, not it's own nation. How it got that way is something I can't understand. Kinda like the EU, right?

The north's conduct of the war was nothing short of tyrannical. Total war. A complete lack of respect for law and order, and even proper personal conduct. A disgrace that nobody wants to confront because the north was the "good guy". Such simple labeling is far from just. William T. Sherman was the worst war criminal in North American history, burning and plundering the south like some wild animal. I wish we had won, so we could put him on trial and hang him for his offences against human conduct.

Had the secession been peaceful, emancipation would have happened anyway. External pressure (mostly from Europe) would have forced an end to slavery, much like external pressure brought an end to apartheid in South Africa. Civil rights would have also happened, due to internal and external pressure. The simple fact is that racism was institutionalized everywhere in the union, (this means the north, too) public and private. Such hate is an infectious thing, taking the souls of men and corrupting them. We are only human, after all.

Looking at the "USA" today, I find it hard to believe that the Yankee imperialists have any support anywhere. The federal government is probably the most hated entity in human history, the national debt is expanding at an accelerating and disastrous rate, the dollar is becoming worthless, illegal immigration threatens the border integrity of this nation, there's no significant military industry like what happened in WW2, civil rights are being eroded by things like the Patriot Act, and rising foreign threats and domestic unrest will eventually result in the (Justified) destruction of the Yankee Empire. Who will come to our aid in a war with Russia and China? The Europeans who rely on Russian gas imports? Who are bitterly divided over events like Kosovo? I think not. If anything, your public will demand war with the Federalist Yankee Empire, and I say this by what I see in your streets.

I would like to go on, but all this typing is tiresome, so I await your response(s)
I partly agree to your statement/port and a free "Confederacy" should be posibble to establish, IF the majority of it's population would agree to it. but truly told i don't think they would agree to such, and ai also agree that it was wrong from the Northern States to wait for a provokation and invade, the southern states had the right to cease from the union.
-The victor is the one that writes the history!
Happy Linux user!
Links: List of Mods
andrasd
Lieutenant

Post by andrasd »

The victor is the one that writes the history!
very true indeed
KOSOVO IS SERBIA!
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

Part of living in a democracy is being able to tell the crazies to STFU.

You're a retard, STFU. Having lived in South Carolina and Virginia, I can easily say that both those states suck. They suck a lot. You guys take more tax dollars than you return. Start complaining once you rectify that balance before you complain that Obama is a 'redistributionist' or a 'communist'.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

you may live in a democracy but this forum is a dictatorship (or maybe a monarchy with George as king...), it's unclear who you're speaking to but you're not being polite and that is almost our only forum rule.

I think your post could be summed up to "I strongly disagree and feel your views are extreme" or something like that...
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
The Khan
General

Post by The Khan »

A MONARCHY? God! Legalité! Fraternité!Liberté! Mort au Tyrans... and stuff...

I guess...
I cant play SR2020 well but I still love 2010. Chris will hate me for exploiting his game to death.
Date of Order: 2007-11-15 20:03
Product information:
Supreme Ruler 2010 (1 x 19.99 USD)
3 years baby
sirveri
Colonel

Post by sirveri »

Balthagor wrote:you may live in a democracy but this forum is a dictatorship (or maybe a monarchy with George as king...), it's unclear who you're speaking to but you're not being polite and that is almost our only forum rule.

I think your post could be summed up to "I strongly disagree and feel your views are extreme" or something like that...
I was responding to the OP.

And I'm not about to go off on a tear about censorship or 1st amendment rights. Mainly because you're a Canadian dev studio and the 1st ammendment only applies to the US government. Point being, one should take in all statements and evaluate them. Most will warrant a calm reasoned response either for or against based on logic. But some are so incredibly stupid and detrimental to the rest of society, that it falls upon the people who hear them to tell them to STFU because they're retards.

Imagine if prior to Hamas launching rockets from Gaza into Israel, a group of intelligent Palestinians came forward and told them to stop because what they were doing was incredibly stupid. They would likely all be shot... but the point is that if someone had done it long before they ever got there, they'd probably have less problems today (and wouldn't have gotten shot in the process (I won't go into in-depth commentary on THAT subject and threadjack this thread any further in this vein)). So whenever someone advocates for civil war or division of the social cohesion, it is the moral duty of all intelligent people everywhere to tell them to STFU. Some 'ideas' are simply completly retarded, and MUST be called out for the good of society.
- Dave
---------------------
Will mod for food!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

sirveri wrote:
Balthagor wrote:you may live in a democracy but this forum is a dictatorship (or maybe a monarchy with George as king...), it's unclear who you're speaking to but you're not being polite and that is almost our only forum rule.

I was responding to the OP.

And I'm not about to go off on a tear about censorship or 1st amendment rights. Mainly because you're a Canadian dev studio and the 1st ammendment only applies to the US government. Point being, one should take in all statements and evaluate them. Most will warrant a calm reasoned response either for or against based on logic. But some are so incredibly stupid and detrimental to the rest of society, that it falls upon the people who hear them to tell them to STFU because they're retards.

Imagine if prior to Hamas launching rockets from Gaza into Israel, a group of intelligent Palestinians came forward and told them to stop because what they were doing was incredibly stupid. They would likely all be shot... but the point is that if someone had done it long before they ever got there, they'd probably have less problems today (and wouldn't have gotten shot in the process (I won't go into in-depth commentary on THAT subject and threadjack this thread any further in this vein)). So whenever someone advocates for civil war or division of the social cohesion, it is the moral duty of all intelligent people everywhere to tell them to STFU. Some 'ideas' are simply completly retarded, and MUST be called out for the good of society.
I think every one have there voices heard in the most "fair" way as possible, more importantly if it is a group, large percentage or any other/s that needs/deserves larger representation that they gett, then they should have it. so if this confederate states getts the majority (this case 50% +) support from the people/factors involved, then yes, the confederate should be freed! if they gett the support and USA or who ever refuses to grant it, then i think they have the to do what is needed to get their representation and voices heard, sometimes getting shoot. if your an innocent/neutral person it's your own responsibility to make your environment safe if the police/state etc can't do it, you can do this by fleeing, defending your self, trying to negotiate.

So the Hamas-Israeli war, why do they just take a final fight and the one left standing will have saved thousands of future lifes, by killing thousands now. Why do not just Israel drop flyers "flee now or you may die after a week, because, then will came whit a highly dedly force. stay on your own risk!"

If CSA would go SO FAR as to take up arms for their cause, they should first try a "as bloodless war as possible" but if it would become a bloody struggle of tens of years, then they take a final fight/war to end. though this plan won't allwas work :lol:
Happy Linux user!
Hullu Hevonen
General

Post by Hullu Hevonen »

CSA Partisan wrote:The Confederate States of America. A nation born out of rebellion against northern elitism and oppression. A nation of states' rights, personal liberty (however flawed) and, most importantly, TRADITION. This nation gave rise to legends of the battlefield and politics. Robert E. Lee, "Stonewall" Jackson, Bragg, Jefferson Davis, all names that will be never forgotten. This nation was also invaded, plundered, and burned to the ground, it's history demonized as racist and backwards.

Firstly, I'll start with the causes of the Southern war for Independence.

A major reason was slavery. While I will not defend such an institution, it was necessary, at the time, to the southern economy. The south wasn't as densely populated or industrialized as the Yankee north. The simple fact is we needed slaves to man the plantations. Without them, the south wouldn't have had any major economic staples to trade! It would simply be on big Kosovo, poor and unviable. If there is someone to blame for slavery, it is Europe and the Federal Yankee Empire. Europe started the overseas trade and the Federals failed to either stop it immediately and free the slaves before they became even more critical, or do what everyone else did: BUY THE SLAVES AND FREE THEM. To this day, the "USA" is the only country that fought over slavery.

Another is tariffs imposed by the north on the south. This is a clear sign of economic tyranny, plain and simple. Make the north richer and the southern "Rednecks" poorer.

Cultural and political differences played a lesser role, but nonetheless contributed.

Now, secession at this point wasn't illegal. It was perfectly legal. And 11 states went that route and were well within their rights, especially since they voted on the issue and the public supported their decisions. If Kosovo can democratically secede from Serbia, then it is hypocritical for the "USA" to tell us we can't leave their Empire. If Scotland can secede from the UK (which it will eventually) then it would be hypocritical for us to be forbidden from doing so over here. It was also the intention of the founding fathers to make the union a political and military ALLIANCE, not it's own nation. How it got that way is something I can't understand. Kinda like the EU, right?

The north's conduct of the war was nothing short of tyrannical. Total war. A complete lack of respect for law and order, and even proper personal conduct. A disgrace that nobody wants to confront because the north was the "good guy". Such simple labeling is far from just. William T. Sherman was the worst war criminal in North American history, burning and plundering the south like some wild animal. I wish we had won, so we could put him on trial and hang him for his offences against human conduct.

Had the secession been peaceful, emancipation would have happened anyway. External pressure (mostly from Europe) would have forced an end to slavery, much like external pressure brought an end to apartheid in South Africa. Civil rights would have also happened, due to internal and external pressure. The simple fact is that racism was institutionalized everywhere in the union, (this means the north, too) public and private. Such hate is an infectious thing, taking the souls of men and corrupting them. We are only human, after all.

Looking at the "USA" today, I find it hard to believe that the Yankee imperialists have any support anywhere. The federal government is probably the most hated entity in human history, the national debt is expanding at an accelerating and disastrous rate, the dollar is becoming worthless, illegal immigration threatens the border integrity of this nation, there's no significant military industry like what happened in WW2, civil rights are being eroded by things like the Patriot Act, and rising foreign threats and domestic unrest will eventually result in the (Justified) destruction of the Yankee Empire. Who will come to our aid in a war with Russia and China? The Europeans who rely on Russian gas imports? Who are bitterly divided over events like Kosovo? I think not. If anything, your public will demand war with the Federalist Yankee Empire, and I say this by what I see in your streets.

I would like to go on, but all this typing is tiresome, so I await your response(s)
Here, you and Balthagor got Special thanks http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 48&t=12851
Happy Linux user!
Varek Raith
Warrant Officer

Post by Varek Raith »

sirveri wrote:Part of living in a democracy is being able to tell the crazies to STFU.

You're a retard, STFU. Having lived in South Carolina and Virginia, I can easily say that both those states suck. They suck a lot. You guys take more tax dollars than you return. Start complaining once you rectify that balance before you complain that Obama is a 'redistributionist' or a 'communist'.
Ironic, then, that California is the one asking for a bailout...... [_]O Perhaps you should help rectify your state's problems before lambasting others.

Now, back to the asinine reformation of the CSA. All I can say is Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. GAZE :o
<--- Iranian/ACME Fauxtography :D

Return to “Off Topic Comments”