Russia headed to President for life ?This the first step ?

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

Ziruz
Sergeant

Re: Russia headed to President for life ?This the first step ?

Post by Ziruz »

tkobo wrote:Whats the limit on terms in Russia ?Is there one now ?Id heard it was 2 consecutive terms,but am unsure its thats still right.
That's correct.
By the way, we're talking about increasing the time of those 2 consecutive terms. For example, from 4 to 5 or 6 years, it's not about "president for life".
Sometimes you have to make unpopular decisions (right now the current crisis of the financial market) which are good for your country but could be painful at the beginning. Presidents who have 5 or 6 years are more likely to do so because they don't have to fear an imminent election.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Yes, but if you increase the terms to 6 years each, and have it so only consecutive terms count, then a person can be president for 12 years, give the job to another for 6 years,take it back for another 12 years, give it to another for 6 years, take it back for 12 years,etc....

And if the person who acts as the inbetween 6 year term, is under control of the guy who keeps coming back for 12 more years.... you essentially have a president for life,even before the likely to follow next constitution change of removing term limits completely.

Which is what alot of the people who worry about Putin think is going on.And history shows that presidents who try and expand the term limit do tend to go for the "president for life" theme also.
IE Chavez,Kim,Seko,Tito,etc..

I dont think Putins that bad myself, but im sure there are things i dont know about him...
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
Kreiger815
Colonel

Post by Kreiger815 »

Putin was in the KGB. That can only spell bad news.

Us in the USA hate him because he's a good leader for Russians, which in almost every case, is a bad person to have in the world.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Well, i dont hate Putin or Russians.I simply understand we have different ways of thinkning and goals, with our countries first.
So some friction between un is all but assured.

Putin just might be what Russia needs at the moment to keep up its morale and prevent it from being ripped up by organized crime,rampant power and money grabs, and outside forces...

Sure hes likely to be a bit overly authoritative and threatening,but sometimes a country needs that.
Chuckle TM
Kreiger815
Colonel

Post by Kreiger815 »

I don't really mean hating him, more that we don't like him being such a strong competitor. The way it looks now, he's rebuilding Russia to the strength it had in the Soviet Union. Russia has always had a "strongman" as it's leader, and it's what they need, but I don't want us in the USA to be knocked off of top bunk, and would be happy if he's out of power.
Miecznik
Captain

Post by Miecznik »

About Putin and his kind - unfortunately this type of guy often says "this year we increase army budget by 25% precent" instead of "this year we increase Healthcare spending by 25%" or "this year we increase education spending by 25%". Guy knows how to control masses of Russians in a negative way - only opposition parties "allowed" are neo communists or neo facists (witch in general are not fighted as mutch as they could be so that he can say "LOOK - This is our opposition, they are the only other option").

If i would be some COuntry leader - he could seem a guy to do buisness with. But by all means i would not like to.
Zanim padłeś, jeszcze ziemię przeżegnałeś ręką.
Czy to była kula, synku, czy to serce pękło?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Well, if you dont keep your armed forces strong, there are factions out there that will be more than happy to make sure large chunks of your population no longer require health care ....
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Re: Russia headed to President for life ?This the first step

Post by tkobo »

Word is something like 18 websites promoting a putin run in 2012 have been registered at the last moment (deadline for this year for priority web domains in russia was sept 16,and these were done on the 15th and 16th)

And even more telling the web domain 'medvedev2012.rf' is still avialable .
Chuckle TM
Lea
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by Lea »

I am assured that decencies will be observed. However internal tensions are rising. Nobody can guarantee a 12-year-old board.
Ziruz wrote:Sometimes you have to make unpopular decisions (right now the current crisis of the financial market) which are good for your country but could be painful at the beginning. Presidents who have 5 or 6 years are more likely to do so because they don't have to fear an imminent election.
BS. Do you remember a 'monetization'? Don't you missed it in some place like Heidelberg?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Latest news on this is ONE of the domains was withdrawn after the deadline passed.The story put forth is the registering was just to stave off cybersquatting,but it doesn't explain all the other domains they registered,why they werent also withdrawn, and why no domain was registered for medvedev.
Chuckle TM
Lea
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Post by Lea »

tkobo wrote:Latest news on this is ONE of the domains was withdrawn after the deadline passed.The story put forth is the registering was just to stave off cybersquatting,but it doesn't explain all the other domains they registered,why they werent also withdrawn, and why no domain was registered for medvedev.
Western science fiction which called 'Kremlinology' alive and kicking. The new generation carry on a tradition. Earlier that guys looked at Politburo members arrangement during celebrations and now their spirit children search for deep meaning in domains registration.
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

According to some reports,the domains withdrawn is now up to nine.Not sure how many still to go, but the list of withdrawn i saw lacked the animal based domain names.
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/arti ... 16597.html
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Some of the animal domain names could have an explanation.

PutinTigry.rf, Putin Tigers.rf, PutinBelukha.rf, and Putin Beluga,which were also registered at the same time as the various Putin-2012.rf,Putin2012.rf,etc.. domains, might have been locked down for future use in animal protection projects he's associated with.

The tiger ones clearly fit this,the whale ones appear to fit it less,but do fit.Though my understanding of the registration thru the Federal Guard Service is supposed to be limited to government functions only.....it wouldnt be hard to understand a stretching of that.

The total number of sites rush registered associated with putin in this, is now at 22.And one russian commenter noted that sites in 2000 and 2004 were used by putin to campaign back then - putin2000.ru and putin2004.ru.
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

http://rt.com/politics/game-promotes-pu ... dency-297/
Im shocked i tell ya ! shocked !
chuckle tm
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Putin is again selling a new russian run organization.The "Eurasian Union" as its being termed,is the new org being pushed.Putin says,it wont be a rebirth of the soviet union,though it is aimed at being composed of many of the same regions organized under a central power......
Chuckle TM

Return to “Off Topic Comments”