Cool, i guess im not addicted to gaming :P

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Cool, i guess im not addicted to gaming :P

Post by tkobo »

My new machine arrives tommorrow, and i can get back to gaming after a circa 2 week break.

Course,the little issue that according to UPS my machine (packing and all) only weighs one pound,might be a bit of a worry :lol:

But on the positive side, i didnt kill anyone during those 2 weeks.AND Looking forward to seeing if 16x pci-e sli is anywhere near the hype
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Re: Cool, i guess im not addicted to gaming :P

Post by tkobo »

im SOOOOOOO pissed !
New system arrived,effectively DOA !!!!

No video signal,vocal post error messages indicating something with ram or video
1 long, 3 short...

Hour plus with tech support pulling out and rearranging,no luck...
Now i have to wait 2 more days while they ship out new vid cards and new ram.
AND if that doesnt fix the issue,i have to rma the entire system,and wait for them to figure it out than fix it, than ship it back out ......

Man, today is definately a day i could rip someones head off with my bare hands if they purposely pissed me off.

So i guess im not leaving the house......
Chuckle TM
BigStone
General

Post by BigStone »

Hey Tkobo ...... you're a noob :roll:

:D

Anyway ...good luck with your system
I know what it is .... my last system got delivered with a broken monitor :lol:
NO MORE NOISY FISH [unless they are green & furiously]
I HAVE STILL A FISH IN MY EAR
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Hmmm... if system takes too long... return system money minus stocking fee does probably equal airline tickets to holland :P

Now i just have to do some research on "how to dispose of a body in holland",as im guessing you dont have alligators there :lol:
Chuckle TM
dust off
General

Post by dust off »

Damn that's bad luck man. How did you pin it down to the mother board?
tkobo
Supreme Ruler

Post by tkobo »

Niether I nor the techs have yet technically (which is why im now waiting while replacement vid cards and ram sticks are being shipped to me),BUT the overwhelming amount of people who have rma'd the board,some mulitple times no less, and had a new board completely solve the exact problem im having (and that they had) is pretty solid evidence.

The asus forums has a few threads over the last 3 months with multiple people who experienced the same issue (and more) with the same board,that in the end was only solved by replacing the board.
Chuckle TM
battlegoat9787
Colonel

Post by battlegoat9787 »

tkobo wrote:im SOOOOOOO pissed !
New system arrived,effectively DOA !!!!

No video signal,vocal post error messages indicating something with ram or video
1 long, 3 short...

Hour plus with tech support pulling out and rearranging,no luck...
Now i have to wait 2 more days while they ship out new vid cards and new ram.
AND if that doesnt fix the issue,i have to rma the entire system,and wait for them to figure it out than fix it, than ship it back out ......

Man, today is definately a day i could rip someones head off with my bare hands if they purposely pissed me off.

So i guess im not leaving the house......
I know how you feel. I ordered my new system, but something was wrong with it, so I rang them up. I eventually got through to them, but they were of little help and they said that in order to return it that I would need to ship it to them for £45, which is a lot of dosh, so I just left it sitting under my desk for almost 6 months.

Anyway I rang them up two weeks ago and I couldn't get through, checked out their address online and it said that the shop no longer exist, so If you think you're pissed, just put yourself in my situation. Anyway I've fixed it now and its running fine, no more random freezing or crashes, so I'm glad that I've sorted it out. Mind you, this was after I installed Vista because under XP SP2, it was having all these problems, but with Vista, its ok again. :)

Return to “Off Topic Comments”