GPS anyone have it yet?

Off Topic Comments Area

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

supremeoz
Lieutenant

GPS anyone have it yet?

Post by supremeoz »

Geo political simulator has been released in the English version. Does anyone have it yet.
http://www.geo-political-simulator.com/
NightAvail
Corporal

Post by NightAvail »

I just got it and I'm going to check it out tonight. What made it seem interesting is that even if you're not at war there seems to be a lot of other interesting things to do (Olympics, natural disasters, etc). SR 2020 and GPS were the most anticipated games for me this summer. :)
Bateman1982
Lieutenant

Post by Bateman1982 »

This one looks interesting, but I have a nagging voice telling me not to buy it.
If you could offer a bit of feedback on how the game plays it would be much appreciated.
Intelligent behaviour between nations, economic system. any interesting random events etc.

Thanks
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

Not at 60.00USD I ain't buying it.. That plus the Starforce issue. Ugh.
Bateman1982
Lieutenant

Post by Bateman1982 »

Starforce?
Yurg, will probably steer clear of that then. Its always seemed like a particularly intrusive protection system when I've had games with it in the past
tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

$62 bucks ,and for a downloaded version at that ?

The forums i have been watching the game on, niether in english ,both down "for maintenance" the week of the english release ?

No official forum for english, despite an english release ?

Multiple serious gripes (cant judge validity of them, and we all know players get alot wrong and than mistakenly rush out to gripe about it,instead of taking the time and putting the effort into seeing if their gripe is even legit) ,to the point it was hard to find something good said from a
poster.

Is there even a demo ?

So despite the interest i have in the game, especialy their promised handling of terrorism,countering it, and its support,ill wait a few weeks at least before considering.
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

tkobo
Supreme Ruler
Location: In a vast zionist plot ...RIGHT BEHIND YOU ! Oh Noes !

Post by tkobo »

Cool, thanks.That will help alot with my decision.

Did i overlook a demo also ?
This post approved by Tkobo:Official Rabble Rouser of the United Yahoos
Chuckle TM
rhjyyz
Major

Post by rhjyyz »

Nope, no demo
el_slapper
Captain

Post by el_slapper »

Game has a very bad reputation, as it was more than rushed in France(as they did try so sell a maximum number during the presidential vote, 1 year ago). Game begins the 1st of January. The 5th, a landslide kills 300,000 in Lyon(whose geography cannot allow that kind of disaster). The 5th, an angry hunter kills you. Game over.

I guess it's been overpatched since, yet I'm not sure it's still worth it. I did avoid.
War, about who is right?about who is left!
NightAvail
Corporal

Post by NightAvail »

It has been out for over a year, so hopefully within that time period they've fixed a few bugs; and yes, there does need to be a demo in order to help people decide whether or not to get the game. As far as starforce goes, I don't remember installing any starforce software on my Windows partition.

I do love supporting games of this genre (SP2, SR 2020, GPS), and I do hope that in the future we'll see more games like these become more popular. Unfortunantely $62 is quite a bit to spend on one game, which is why I only have about 3 games for my Xbox 360. Since $62 is also just 39.99 Euros converted into USD I doubt that the price will drop anytime soon.

Anyways, I still haven't played the game very much, so I can't really make a review about it. I'm sure there will be things that I find annoying about it (Meetings), just as I have found with the other games: SP2 (Autarky) and SR 2020 (AI). Those are just things that we can all hope gets fixed overtime. :wink:
thekingofc
Corporal

Post by thekingofc »

I own a copy of SP2. SP2 is an iteresting game... i bought it cheap, and it provided me with a lot of fun and good times. Such as The Nuclear Wars and trying to take over the world. It was fun... But after awhile SP2 gets soo predictable with the wars. Germany vs India: Germany always wins... Isreal vs Syria... Isreal always wins... United States vs Iraq... quite obvious. There is not a lot of stuff to do besides war...

G.P.S looks to be a great game. I have been awaiting the English version for quite some time. But i was extermly dissapointed to see when it came out tha the price was 62.00 usd. I tried emailing gps but i have not gotten any reply and when i call them they can barely speak english...

This does not effect the game quality... im just gonna wait until July to see if the game comes out in major stores (wal-mart, target) for a little bit cheaper than 62 usd. Becuase on IGN and Game Spy they list the game as 39.99 USD.

I will wait and see..
supremeoz
Lieutenant

Post by supremeoz »

thekingofc wrote:I own a copy of SP2. SP2 is an iteresting game... i bought it cheap, and it provided me with a lot of fun and good times. Such as The Nuclear Wars and trying to take over the world. It was fun... But after awhile SP2 gets soo predictable with the wars. Germany vs India: Germany always wins... Isreal vs Syria... Isreal always wins... United States vs Iraq... quite obvious. There is not a lot of stuff to do besides war...

G.P.S looks to be a great game. I have been awaiting the English version for quite some time. But i was extermly dissapointed to see when it came out tha the price was 62.00 usd. I tried emailing gps but i have not gotten any reply and when i call them they can barely speak english...

This does not effect the game quality... im just gonna wait until July to see if the game comes out in major stores (wal-mart, target) for a little bit cheaper than 62 usd. Becuase on IGN and Game Spy they list the game as 39.99 USD.

I will wait and see..
I think the game will come out under the name of Commander in Chief.
jscott991
Lt. Colonel

Post by jscott991 »

Yes, but the publisher is listed as someone called Interactive Gaming Software, or IGS. On IGS's website, there is no mention that they are even in this line of business and on GPS's website, they make no mention of having an American publisher.

I suspect whatever deal existed between Eversim and IGS on April 9 fell through.
dust off
General

Re: GPS anyone have it yet?

Post by dust off »

Starting to have fun with this since second patch, and a few strategy tips from the unofficial forum.

It's in a league above SP, and is a very different game from SR2020. If you want your kicks from military action then load up 2020. In fact the more I play the more I'm feeling that GPS is a misname: its focus and game play is mostly focused on domestic affairs, you have to get most of your changes through parliament and some focus group or politician is going to be pissed at your decisions. It plays much slower than SR2020.

Return to “Off Topic Comments”