Is it possible to edit a save with the scenario editor?

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

maczed
Private
Human: Yes

Is it possible to edit a save with the scenario editor?

Post by maczed »

Is it at all possible to open .sav files with the scenario editor or have some persistent save file which you can edit while in the middle of a game and then reload to see changes?
way2co0l
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Is it possible to edit a save with the scenario editor?

Post by way2co0l »

Unfortunately not. There are no plans to add that to my knowledge as it would require a large amount of work.
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

What sort of changes to .sav file do you have in mind exactly?
ski
Corporal

Post by ski »

Uriens wrote: Aug 25 2018 What sort of changes to .sav file do you have in mind exactly?
I have a question related to this topic. It has to do with the PrefixName.

So when your in-game and you want to change the Region name you do the following:
State Dept - Cabinet - "Rename Our Region"
That takes care of the Region(Country) name but there is no option to rename the Prefix name(What is used in the name of countries you colonize.) So if you were China and changed your Region name to "United Capitalist Empire" and then colonized India, it is still called "Chinese India".

I've searched for a fix for this problem and all I've seen when people ask if the Prefix can be changed after starting a game is a flat, "No." It seems that editing the .sav you're loading from would remedy this. All subsequent saves would then have your new Prefix name "baked-in". Your thoughts?
If at all possible, I think the best fix would be to add an icon similar to the "Rename Our Region" icon right next to it. Call it "Rename Our Prefix" or something.

Thanks

It's possible to address this issue when starting a new game, just edit the appropriate .cvp file, then force a recache under the Game Settings, Scenario Settings.
arakan94
Lieutenant

Post by arakan94 »

I would like to be able to delete units in savegames to speed up late games & would like to create a tool for that.. Could you release description of savegame format? I don't have time to reverse-engineer it :)

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”