Q: How does "startyear: 0" work ?

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Vonthoma
Warrant Officer

Q: How does "startyear: 0" work ?

Post by Vonthoma »

... so when a scenario starts at 1936 but I want that this starts at 1940

BUT WITHOUT calculating all scripted events !
so skipping, ignoring the events, which are from 36-40

Is there a possibility ?

Thanks

PS: because
fastfwddays: 368.000
would be 10 years, and the game would start in my case 10 years later BUT THE GAME checks all events from start to that 10 years :-(

And also HOW to calculate the date, when the event should happen ...
so if the scenario starts at 1.1.1914 but the event should take place on the 25.10.1950 ????
How do I get that "eventtime" value ????
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Re: Q: How does "startyear: 0" work ?

Post by Balthagor »

IIRC it's 1440 slices in a day, so multiply by 1440 for events.

if you use FF, it will only do events where "not in fast forward" is set false/zero

If you change the starting date, that will become the starting date, but all the events will count from that date.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Vonthoma
Warrant Officer

Post by Vonthoma »

Balthagor wrote:IIRC it's 1440 slices in a day, so multiply by 1440 for events.

if you use FF, it will only do events where "not in fast forward" is set false/zero

If you change the starting date, that will become the starting date, but all the events will count from that date.

Okay thanks,

so have to #include a new EVENT csv file, where the row "not in fast forward" is set to ??? you mean to TRUE (1) , not FALSE (0)

also if I want to #include all EVENTS from 1936 in my 1914 game , I have two options now ...

Seems I need a good free excel sheet editor, as my notepad++ is not really good to change complete "rows"

_______________________________________________________________________________________

ONE last question ,
what is the highest value for "eventtime" ,

if I try to calculate the time for the events from 2020 for my 1914 started game
as 100 years are around
52 560 000 , so that would be the "eventtime"

Okay cool found out that Win10 Calculator could be switched to date calculating ... it gives you the exact days from one date to another one !!!

So with that information I would be able to build one csv file with all EVENTS from all scenarios , but have to change the rows for eventtime and not in fast forward
:-)
HOPE YOU GUYS have used different #_id for all your scenarios , haven't you ? :-)
_______________________________________________________________________________________

At least to implement the ones for 1936 ...
if I am not to lazy, as brother didn't want to continue the MP game, because AI sucks to much (because of all that economic problems)

DEAR DEVS YOU REALLY HAVE TO CHANGE energy (2,5x) and military production (5x) for the 1914 games, AI is broken after a short time, that isn't fun !
Thanks
Last edited by Vonthoma on Jan 14 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Vonthoma
Warrant Officer

Post by Vonthoma »

Balthagor wrote:IIRC it's 1440 slices in a day, so multiply by 1440 for events.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

// _ID , eventtime*1440, eventtimewind*1440, eventid , eventparam , eventdbregion, eventotherdbregion, eventbnotally, eventbnotneutral, eventbnotwary, eventbnotifhuman, eventbnotifotherhuman, eventparami0, eventparami1, eventparami2, eventparami3, eventparamf0, eventparamf1, eventparamf2, eventparamf3, eventballowdead, eventbdoalways, eventbpersist, eventbonlyff, eventbonlyreg, eventbcond2or, eventbonlyMP, eventconditional, eventpriority, eventconditional2, eventpersistcount, eventbcondnot, eventbresvd1, eventbresvd2

Is it "eventbonlyff" , no that makes no sense, this would trigger the event ALWAYS in FF
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler
Human: Yes

Post by Balthagor »

Vonthoma wrote: ONE last question ,
what is the highest value for "eventtime" ,
I don't think it has a limit.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
Uriens
Brigadier Gen.

Post by Uriens »

Btw, notepad ++ is great for changing rows. I actually don't use anything else for modding and i had a csv file with over 60000 events in it.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”