Modding the Default UNIT file

Have a question about how to mod something? Or have an issue with one of our mod tools? Post here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Moderators

jeffb
Warrant Officer
Human: Yes
Location: Skem, Outer Pieland or right side of the Pennines, or right side of Pennines, LANCS

Modding the Default UNIT file

Post by jeffb »

Hi,
I want to add some of my own units to the Default file, i am using Open Office calc. What are the settings i need to use, as i get a choice and i'm not sure what to use. I modded the file before buts its all to cock, must have done something wrong.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Wigan turnin Blue, My Ass!!!
Wigan RLFC
Ancient & Loyal 1872
Cherry & White Army
Zuikaku
General

Re: Modding the Default UNIT file

Post by Zuikaku »

Just use the notepad, it will be much less complicated and far more easier for you to add and change units without messing up something in the process.
Please teach AI everything!
MK4
Colonel

Post by MK4 »

I also use Notepad to edit the file, but I use Excel to get a better overall picture. If the choice you mention for Open Office is what type of file to use you should choose Delimited and at the next step choose Comma. That`s how it goes in Excel at least. This should properly separate the values into columns (in this case it`s the commas that count, not the tabs).
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

Personally I recommend notepad++. It is simple and unlike standard windows notepad it does not have any problems with larger files (well it does in 7 I cannot speak about 8 or 10)
Also there is a fairly large selection of plugins for it.
jeffb
Warrant Officer
Location: Skem, Outer Pieland or right side of the Pennines, or right side of Pennines, LANCS

Post by jeffb »

Cheers Guys,
Found a modding tool that did the job.

Cheers again.

Jeff
Wigan turnin Blue, My Ass!!!
Wigan RLFC
Ancient & Loyal 1872
Cherry & White Army
Damian WSD
Sergeant

Post by Damian WSD »

Sorry for that, but how to input new units modifications done by me to the game in SRU? I have already done this in Default.unit. In SR 2010 it was made by Map Editor, and here?
Jesus, my Lord, is my best way to live in thrue happiness.

Return to “Modding Issues & Support”