【Mod】Citybuilder 1.0 - Build Your City Anywhere

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

FrankZ93
Corporal
Human: Yes

【Mod】Citybuilder 1.0 - Build Your City Anywhere

Post by FrankZ93 »

Just a simple mod that allows you to build settlements(village, town, city, etc.) at almost anywhere on earth!

==== How to install ====

▶ 1.Download Citybuilder_1.0.zip attachment.

▶ 2.Unzip the file, and now you will get the DEFAULT.UNIT file. Move the DEFAULT.UNIT into Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Maps\DATA\
※ Make sure you have backup the original DEFAULT.UNIT before replacing it.

▶ 3.Recache the game. If you don't know how to do it, check the supreme wiki page here: http://www.supremewiki.com/node/14
※ Again, make sure you have backup the original cache files before recache them. The official guide is a bit outdated, the renaming part is confusing. Actually you need to rename the recached file according to the original cache file. (e.g. instead of using "TrumpRising.SAV", you need to use "TR2017.SAV" for the game to recognize it.)
※ If you don't want to do it yourself, you can download mine recached files in the "Cache" folder of my Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing and paste it into Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Cache\. Currently all sandbox recached files uploaded, more to come.

==== How to Build ====

Pretty much like how you build any other facilities.

Right click on the hex → Build → Build Urban → Settlement → Choose the hex to build

There are 9 types of settlement and which type you gonna have depends on the current population in the selected hex. Different type of settlement has different building period & cost. For example, if you have more than 150k people in the selected hex, It may take 100 days(instead of 65 days showed on the build menu) to finish the construction as you are building a "small town". So check the population in the hex before you build the settlement. Here is a chart to give you a better understanding of what am I saying:

Population    Settlement Type   Days to Build   Cost    Industry Good Cost(t)
0        Abandoned Town   10        2      10K
0-50K      Small Village     25        6.25    20K
50-150K     Village       65        24     50K
150-250K     Small Town     100        94      80K
250-500K     Town         130        270    115K
500-1000K    City         160       586     145K
1000-2000K    Large City       185       650     175K
2000-5000K    Metropolis       215       725     205K
>5000K     MegaCity      240       840     235K

※ The "Cost" here is different from the actual treasury cost in game, but they are positive correlated, there is an unknow calculation formula for it.

==== Ending ====

English is not my native language so please forgive me if I made some mistakes.

If you find any problem, just leave the comment below, I will reply ASAP. I have also post this on steam community, you can always find me there, here is the link:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/314980/di ... 799304127/

That's all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by FrankZ93 on Oct 04 2017, edited 1 time in total.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Re: 【Mod】Citybuilder 1.0 - Build Your City Anywhere

Post by bob12333 »

FrankZ93 wrote:Just a simple mod that allows you to build settlements(village, town, city, etc.) at almost anywhere on earth!

==== How to install ====

▶ 2.Unzip the file, and now you will get the DEFAULT.UNIT file. Move the DEFAULT.UNIT into Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Maps\DATA\

▶ 3.Recache the game. If you don't know how to do it, check the supreme wiki page here: http://www.supremewiki.com/node/14
※ Again, make sure you have backup the original cache files before recache them. The official guide is a bit outdated, the renaming part is confusing. Actually you need to rename the recached file according to the original cache file. (e.g. instead of using "TrumpRising.SAV", you need to use "TR2017.SAV" for the game to recognize it.)
※ If you don't want to do it yourself, you can download mine recached files in the "Cache" folder of my Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing and paste it into Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Cache\. Currently not too much recached files uploaded, more to come.

==== How to Build ====

Right click on the hex → Build → Build Urban → Settlement → Choose the hex to build

There are 9 types of settlement and which type you gonna have depends on the current population in the selected hex. Different type of settlement has different building period & cost. For example, if you have more than 150k people in the selected hex, It may take 100 days(instead of 65 days showed on the build menu) to finish the construction as you are building a "small town". So check the population in the hex before you build the settlement. Here is a chart to give you a better understanding of what am I saying:

※ The "Cost" here is different from the actual treasury cost in game, but they are positive correlated, there is an unknow calculation formula for it.

==== Ending ====

If you find any problem, just leave the comment below, I will reply ASAP. I have also post this on steam community, you can always find me there, here is the link:

That's all!

This is awesome! You should do it with business sectors and tourist sectors though as well.!!
FrankZ93
Corporal

Post by FrankZ93 »

bob12333 wrote:
FrankZ93 wrote:Just a simple mod that allows you to build settlements(village, town, city, etc.) at almost anywhere on earth!

==== How to install ====

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing and paste it into Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Cache\. Currently not too much recached files uploaded, more to come.

==== How to Build ====

==== Ending ====

That's all!

This is awesome! You should do it with business sectors and tourist sectors though as well.!!
Sure, will do it later. :wink:
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

nice little mod FrankZ93 - you made the urban center / settlement auto-upgrading behaviour your main feature.
Did you find a way how this auto-upgrading (more population = bigger city = other city model) can be disabled ?
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
FrankZ93
Corporal

Post by FrankZ93 »

EVILDARI wrote:nice little mod FrankZ93 - you made the urban center / settlement auto-upgrading behaviour your main feature.
Did you find a way how this auto-upgrading (more population = bigger city = other city model) can be disabled ?
Currently no. I tried to make a fake city from industry complex, after turnning on "uUrban", it functions like the city but also gets the auto-upgrading feature. I noticed the Business Sector, Tourist Attraction, Trump Tower also have "uUrban" on, and these facilities's are population-related. It seems once you set the "uUrban" column to 1, the facility will get related to local population.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

I don't understand how to recache. I've visited the modding guide a bunch of times. From what I understand the game recaches it self. But I don't understand what I need to do besides change the 1 to a 0 in the default.unit file to be able to build business sectors and cities in the game? So what step am I missing that I wish was simplified on the 'modding guide'. I just wish instead of really explaining why you need to do it. There is a clear part that says Steps 1. 2. 3. and so fourth (doesn't have to be numbered but I wish it was more obvious as to what step I'm missing)!!!!....???
FrankZ93
Corporal

Post by FrankZ93 »

bob12333 wrote:I don't understand how to recache. I've visited the modding guide a bunch of times. From what I understand the game recaches it self. But I don't understand what I need to do besides change the 1 to a 0 in the default.unit file to be able to build business sectors and cities in the game? So what step am I missing that I wish was simplified on the 'modding guide'. I just wish instead of really explaining why you need to do it. There is a clear part that says Steps 1. 2. 3. and so fourth (doesn't have to be numbered but I wish it was more obvious as to what step I'm missing)!!!!....???
After you make any changes to the default.unit file, you need to:
1.(skippable)Backup the whole "Cache" folder and all the files inside(highly recommended), rename the folder anyway you like.
2.Delete all the files in the original Cache folder.
3.Start the Game. Go to OPTION menu and click RESET. Then restart the game.
4.Find the scenario or sandbox that you want to play.
5.Click start and now the game will start recaching the scenario or sandbox itself. You may receive the system warning that the game program is not reacting. Don't worry, don't stop the program as recaching process of certain scernario can takes more than 20 minutes.
6.After successfully recaching the scenario or sandbox, the game will return back to the main menu. Now exit the game.
7.Go to your gamesave folder, for me it lies here:"C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Savegame"
8.You will see a SAV file start with "CACHED - "(e.g. CACHED - Barbarossa.SAV), rename it. Renaming is quite important, the game won't be able to recognize the recached file if you don't have the correct file name. To find the correct name for your recached file, go to the "Sandbox" or "Scenario" folder, you will see a bunch of file with the suffix ".scenario", find the one with the same name of your recached file(e.g. Barbarossa.scenario). Open it with Notepad++(Highly recommended, but you can open it with windows notepad), press Ctrl+F, type SAV, press Enter, then you will find &&SAVsavfile "XXXXX"&& (e.g. &&SAVsavfile "BAR1941"&&), XXXXX will be the correct name for your recached file(e.g. BAR1941).
9. Put your renamed SAV file into the empty "Cache" folder.
10. Start the game and enjoy.
That's it!
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

FrankZ93 wrote:
bob12333 wrote:I don't understand how to recache. I've visited the modding guide a bunch of times. From what I understand the game recaches it self. But I don't understand what I need to do besides change the 1 to a 0 in the default.unit file to be able to build business sectors and cities in the game? So what step am I missing that I wish was simplified on the 'modding guide'. I just wish instead of really explaining why you need to do it. There is a clear part that says Steps 1. 2. 3. and so fourth (doesn't have to be numbered but I wish it was more obvious as to what step I'm missing)!!!!....???
1.(skippable)Backup the whole "Cache" folder and all the files inside(highly recommended), rename the folder anyway you like.
5.Click start and now the game will start recaching the scenario or sandbox itself. You may receive the system warning that the game program is not reacting. Don't worry, don't stop the program as recaching process of certain scernario can takes more than 20 minutes.
6.After successfully recaching the scenario or sandbox, the game will return back to the main menu. Now exit the game.
7.Go to your gamesave folder, for me it lies here:"C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Supreme Ruler Ultimate\Savegame"
8.You will see a SAV file start with "CACHED - "(e.g. CACHED - Barbarossa.SAV), rename it. Renaming is quite important, the game won't be able to recognize the recached file if you don't have the correct file name. To find the correct name for your recached file, go to the "Sandbox" or "Scenario" folder, you will see a bunch of file with the suffix ".scenario", find the one with the same name of your recached file(e.g. Barbarossa.scenario). Open it with Notepad++(Highly recommended, but you can open it with windows notepad), press Ctrl+F, type SAV, press Enter, then you will find &&SAVsavfile "XXXXX"&& (e.g. &&SAVsavfile "BAR1941"&&), XXXXX will be the correct name for your recached file(e.g. BAR1941).
That's it!
Alright thanks. So to just to 100% confirm I have to do all those steps just make me able to build business sectors, tourist sectors and cities hahaha??.........!? Since that still seems like alot considering I'm not changing too much hahaha.
FrankZ93
Corporal

Post by FrankZ93 »

bob12333 wrote:
FrankZ93 wrote:
That's it!
Alright thanks. So to just to 100% confirm I have to do all those steps just make me able to build business sectors, tourist sectors and cities hahaha??.........!? Since that still seems like alot considering I'm not changing too much hahaha.
Yes, it should be good if you have followed all the steps.
Honestly, the business sector & tourist attraction are kinda broken, the former one is way to expensive and the later one cost 0$ no matter how I change the cost value. Well, I still put it in the attachment, use it if you really wanna try it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

alright sounds good. Though when i built the business sectors and tourist sectors I really didnt see any benefit for building them like I thought I would get..... why is that?
FrankZ93
Corporal

Post by FrankZ93 »

bob12333 wrote:alright sounds good. Though when i built the business sectors and tourist sectors I really didnt see any benefit for building them like I thought I would get..... why is that?
If I didn't remember wrong, the dev did mention that long time ago. Simply build business sectors and tourist sectors in game won't ensure any benefit. Seems they haven't made any change to it. :P
Balthagor
Supreme Ruler

Post by Balthagor »

Actually, they should be having upward pressure on GDP/c, but it could take 90 days for the effect to impact the value and there's a lot of other stuff going on as well. AFAIK they are working, but it's subtle pressure on the economy.
Chris Latour
BattleGoat Studios
chris@battlegoat.com
bob12333
Lieutenant

Post by bob12333 »

alright sounds good.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”