Modding questions

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Modding questions

Post by evildari »

Would you please help me with some of my following questions:

1. is there a way to change hex size/distance from 16km to another value - like 4KM or 1KM ?
2. is there more information about the terrain data in the .TERX file ? Iam most interested in the data types that govern movement rates of the different movement types of units and supply proliferation (if thats even governed by terrain)
3. is there a way to increase the height where the satellite imagery is being shown (disabling would be ok too) - maybe options.ini - which value?
4. in case point 3. cant be solved (or for later use) - in wich way are those satellite images split/cropped (ie 58x25) and what are the naming rules of the filenames to be loaded in right order ?
5. is there a better way to install/run mods than putting all those files in the folders beside the games original files - and a few of them even overwriting ?
6. like point 5. is there a way to use modded tech-descriptions (LocalText-TTR.csv) (in a total conversion) without overwriting the games original file ?
7. is it possible to change the weather - how it behaves, how severe it is and what it does to some unit stats or operations.
8. (almost gameplay question) is it possible that people die if you are running out of important goods like food, water, and air, and how to mod the severity (in wmdata i can mod in the need - but i dont know how to mod in the bad things - is it just a DAR hit ?)
9. what does bwmterrain in wmdata do ?
10. is it possible to have 25 theatres ?
11. how does the theatre transfer list (\INI\AITheater.csv) work ? is it needed for the AI to know how to cross oceans ?
12. is the file "Allload.ini" always executed ? or is there a command in the scenario file to overwrite this - like with the allsourceload.ini ?
13. is it possible to have recurring events - even with some big randomness between the same event ?
14. can the destroy hex event target random coordinates ?

Thank you for your help!
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Modding questions

Post by evildari »

not that i like to *bump* this - but if someone can help me even with one of those questions - that would be much appreciated.
THANK YOU.
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I think George is your only hope, so maybe Balth would be so nice asking the almighty man.

About 5 and 6, pretty simple, in the .scenario file you can show them the path...
Gameplay 1st
vahadar
Colonel

Post by vahadar »

EVILDARI wrote:Would you please help me with some of my following questions:
13. is it possible to have recurring events - even with some big randomness between the same event ?
In short you want to make a loop for the same event.

Maybe try that ?
event X with parameter eventtime + eventtimewind (random) which are set, do A
result of event X is true after first time A is true, otherwise false

event Y using event 45 test, condition AND (or condition NOT + eventbcondnot set to active), condition event X id, eventtime + eventtimewind + eventpersist + eventpersistcount
if X didnt happen -> false
if X happen -> true

event Z do A again, condition event Y true
event Z true each time event Y true when X(A) is true, since event Y repeat, loop is created.

I havent tested and i'm not sure this would work at all. I'm assuming eventpersist and eventpersistcount allow event to continue testing after first time successfull. And i'm not sure you can set event Z without an eventtime or eventtimewind.
EVILDARI wrote: 6. like point 5. is there a way to use modded tech-descriptions (LocalText-TTR.csv) (in a total conversion) without overwriting the games original file ?
Yes that is possible. You can include any other file that can add/replace information to vanilla files. Need to add new lines in your .scenario file after the include of the vanilla file.

For exemple check for SRU shattered world .scenario

Code: Select all

#include "LocalText-Regions.csv", "SCENARIO\", Y
#include "Shattered World-Text.csv", "SCENARIO\", Y
Second line is a file that also calls another include that add content to the LocalText-Regions.csv

or in 1936 scenario :

Code: Select all

#include "SR1936.csv"
(...)
#include "SR1936_settings.csv"
Second include is added content to the first include .csv file

You can do it with .cvp file too.
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 881#p72418

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”