[MOD] DTMOD "source files"

Post mods you have finished or are working on here.

Moderators: Balthagor, Legend, Moderators

evildari
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

[MOD] DTMOD "source files"

Post by evildari »

Hello,

(beware non-native english writer)
just wanted to post my mod that started with SR2020 in private - just updated it to SRU with Trump Rising .
This mod changes a lot. And the AI can use the changes to very good effect.
I suggest you make a second copy of your games folder and extract that mod there

- you need to recache too (see included readme for correct installation)

If you like reallife unitnames and techbrokering then this is not for you.

This mod has a techtree that allows ANY nation (if it got the ressources) to research and develop - tiered units.
No need to check thousands of units - if tier of same class is higher its better (the costs are also higher)
Most units are available at start with the mk0 tier - some like seavessels and WMD needs to be researched first (still easy)
All units need to have 2 same level techs ie. to be able to research the design for IFV mk1 (Infantry Fighting Vehicle - sorry iam not a leg fan),
you need both Infantry weapons#1 and Light armor#1 researched.

Also the unit graphics stays always the same on any tier - no need to guess what a new looking unittype could be - i hope i selected some iconic and easy to remember unit graphics.

Most of urban locations get a supply bonus, added an Airport(commercial) for quit large and costly supply boost - can also hold one airsquad as travelhub)
Unlocked some previously unbuildable buildings with higher civilian techs.

Made Industries very small to large (1%,10%,100%,200%,500% of default output) so that even your favorite little failed micronation can move on.
Also you can build most ressources in cities too (well not uranium mines)
Balanced Power Outputs (somehow , still depends on some ressource prices)
Took rubber out of play - you can roleplay that with industrial goods - too bad that there are no potable water locations on map.

I provided all source files - so you can change parts you dont like for yourself.

Big thanks to the Developers of this game

Update 20.10.2017
-fixed infinite treasury bug that happened to some countries (had to remove 2 oil-synth buildings)
-added attack range vs ships to the fortifications - now coastal batteries are possible
-removed the insane high close defense values (they were default values) of some production building (would make conquering them way harder than fortifications)

Update 30.08.2020
-updated file structure to game version 9.2.3 / 9.2.5 - no need to have a separate copy now
-unpack into sandbox or scenario/custom folder and use the new recache function once in the game folder

few gameplay changes:
-used the facilities map provided by Rosalis - Thank you very much - so you have more targets to conquer and less useless areas)
-increased damage of tanks vs soft targets to make them less useless
-a small amount of consumer goods will be produced by the population without factories - (ie like subsistence farming or rather crafting)
-tried to eliminate civilian power electric generation with petroleum as good as possible (even with a 1-day zero cost tech - wich does not seem to work as intended)
-added some additional tech bonus to some of the tech race milestones
-IFV armor changed from Light to Medium
-added 8 levels of garrison, partisans and guerrilas - did not extend them to the 20 tiers like other units so they will be killed rather fast (as they should be imo vs an organized determined army) at late stages

Update 02.09.2020
-increased damage of tanks vs soft targets to make them less useless - now works - changes were in .csv file and not in .unit file [_]O
-modified the techraces UI to show the mods prerequisites to get them (are part of this mods subfolder, no need to move it to the root HAPS folder!)

mini-Update 14.12.2020
just a replacement of the unit file
groups all the same type of nukes - for fast group assignment into the strategic pool - if you dont use strategic targeting then you dont need it for your current game
(needs a new game to work)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by evildari on Dec 14 2020, edited 5 times in total.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: [MOD] DTMOD "source files"

Post by YoMomma »

Amazing job man! Just installed it, definetely looks like im gonna have some fun this weekend.

I bet it is super fast too long tem, since game doesnt have to keep track of thousands of different units, great for MP.
Gameplay 1st
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

YoMomma wrote:Amazing job man! Just installed it, definetely looks like im gonna have some fun this weekend.

I bet it is super fast too long tem, since game doesnt have to keep track of thousands of different units, great for MP.
Yes its very fast (depending of the CPU Power you got though) for at least one year - since its a NO unit start (forgot that slightly important detail - like quit a lot more)
lets say that if germany does it again (sometimes its another european country) and has 200+ land production unit. It gets slower but not as bad as it used to be, cause there are also no tons of useless misilles - just the WMD in 4 different range variants.
My long term game as Denmark is only longterm because i evacuated to greenland and sending every few months a dozen nukes to Spain, since too few get intercepted by them - now preparing for the coming shorebombardment and invasion..
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=29326 (MARSX2)
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Hey, i like your mod and all, and when i have time ill definetely check your other mod, but i had 1 bug; after few months and several interesting war declarations the treasury of several regions has this -299999999999 bug. I tried to find the cause of this, but i cant find it.

Basicly it doesnt mather much, but still hinder me to further enjoy your mod. It doesnt mather cause basicly you will have infenent spending, but yeah i would like to build the economy and stuff.

I guess you do not have this bug in your game? Any idea? I could share my saved game or something if you want to take a look.
Gameplay 1st
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

sorry i thought the 9.1.38 update removed that treasury issue.
it happens to some regions as morocco, senegal, moldova and any region that annex them, inherits their infinite treasury too.
I checked their .cvp (not that i could read that much there) - played that region (never got that bug for myself - only AI players)
Maybe it is caused by weird AI trade deals (received an offer for zero tonnes metal ore - and had to pay over 600M$).
Will need to look further.

Edit:
after several fast run - it seems to be almost always the same regions that develops that treasury after 1 or 2 years - i guess i have to check the cvp file again.
My mars mod doesnt have this issue after a 5.5 year run - maybe try that first - the tech and unit gameplay is almost the same - minus the air, water and rails&roads...
but then it has the smallest ever cvp of all SR games i guess.

Edit2: 18.10.2017:

Thank you very much for playtesting and your help!
That treasury bug - i saw in many testgames - starts in one of these countries first (and only for the ai-player):
morroco, senegal, moldova,syria, nicaragua
and greece seemed to be almost on its way but it didnt go negative and stayed at roughly same very high number, changing around +-1000M per day (gj mr. Tsipras - now plz in RL too:)
It can spread farther usually if one of those regions capital and its infinite treasury gets conquered.

With vanilla tech it will be very hard since all the non-basic unit use 2 new components of the new tech file - but maybe one or some entries have a buggy number that place it out of bounds (never happened to myself and i think that would rather be a problem for the rather rich countries)

i think if it were in wmdata it would apply to way more if not all nations - but its most of the time these 5 countries.

Also compared the cvp entries - placed them side by side and checked with a country (saudi-arabia) where that never happened - did not see anything weird that relate to money.
Also checked the rawprod section to have a single match with the units entries - was also ok(forgot to check the other way..) - next i would check those 1% and 10% buildings maybe there is a problem with some data field and it shows up cause the ai like to build one of those buildings.
But then any other region that has a 10% building (former the small version of the goods factories) should have the problem.
Other check will be to see if the .oof file has still some old deleted facilityunits there (i think i got them all - but to be sure)
my mods
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25932 (even techs and units for everyone - AI will own you too)
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Update 20.10.2017 available check original post:
main feature - killed that infinite treasury bug - at least in 2 testgames each 3+years no issues - that usually showed up no later than 2 years.

That rogue AI build an oil-synth building that was marked in the .unit file with nobuild 1.. what a cheat.
The oil-synth building used only electricity as input - and if that countries main electricity generation is based on petrol the cost explodes out of control due to the extreme high cost of synth production - then electricity gets way more expensive - then the electricity-based oil-synth gets moreexpensive.
After a few weeks production costs of a tonne petroleum were 5digit M$ !

Now this should not happen again - i hope - i just left one advanced coal - oil synth building and it is buildable right at start - but the usual countries ignored it.
my mods
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Once again amazing job! Good to know that's where the treasury bug (can) come from.

Very interesting how you setup the economy in your mod btw. I specificly liked the petrol power production, so i wanna see if that's still pretty much the same compared to coal.

Gonna roll as UK, camp for a few years and then make UK great again colonising the world :evil:
Gameplay 1st
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Are you able to use nukes? Mine won't fire with Sub-N mk1
Gameplay 1st
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

At least in the first release version (and i did not change them later) the silo-launched nukes worked - was not yet ready to deploy them to subs -
Strategic attack wont work if the mobile launcher (land&sea) &rocket is not within attack range, cause land&sea launchers wont move into attack range, but that is already a known SR engine issue.
So the only way to be sure is: nuke them from orbit - that means silo + icbm or some upgraded LRBM depending on your and your target location

is the heat that bad, that you have to use nukes :lol:

Edit: just managed to make madrid (range 3680km) a little hotter with an INF mk5 (range 4000km) manually fired from a SUB-N mk2 - near greenland coast.
my mods
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Ok thanks ill try.

Not really that hot, it looked really bad for me. First i defended Poland against Russia, but then Germany declared war on the neighbours, so i retreated back to UK.

Germany conquered Europe and declared on Russia. When Germany went past Moscow it had 149 land fabrications against mine 12 or something. So i thought i would use nukes. Anyway i just wounded their Interceptors, crossed the canal with some land units and camped for a bit. Germany troops decided to take a hike thru Siberia, so 80-90% of tanks and infantry was stuck. Well after i killed their active infantry and tanks in the area i highly funded insurgency, captured cities and by the time i was at Paris i was capturing German troops. When i conquered Moscow from Germany, Russia declared war, and after that Iran. Basicly it is a mather of mopping them up now.
Gameplay 1st
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

I think the issue is maybe you selected multiple subs - and one had no missiles in inventory - then the fire missile option is not available.
Posted this issue in http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 72&t=27613

Just select one sub with missile to issue fire command.
(small correction to my previous post that inf mk5 unit has range of 5000km - 4000 is the fort attack rating)

That Siberian black hole...

My war with spain is a rather stalemate - can hold northern denmark verdun style - but they rebuild (or conquer) their capabilities faster than i nuke them
(right now nuking all their nuclear power plants - and hoping that more uranium is available on the market for me to purchase)
my mods
Vonthoma
Warrant Officer

Post by Vonthoma »

moved
Last edited by Vonthoma on Jan 07 2018, edited 1 time in total.
evildari
Brigadier Gen.

Post by evildari »

Hello,

this mod is almost a total conversion (but still on earth) - it runs best in its own gamefolder since the technology descriptions cant be set per sandbox.

A savegame has all unit data "baked" in ie. even if you change the default.unit file you will see no effect in your savegame.

1. The only way would be, to use your savegame as base, and start a "new" game with a modded scenario to your liking.

2. For electricity there are 2 direct ways to achieve that - in the .WMDATA files you can set the base node(=facility) production. (Beware that game uses now several .wmdata files)

And in the .unit file under &&rawprod you can set the factor to this facilities production. (use libreoffice calc or similar spreadsheet program to edit this)
With modding the technology effects of the powergrid and powerplant upgrades you can improve that too.

In my mod i balanced the productionscosts of energy of all ways to generate energy - so coal is not the only way to go, now petrol is viable too - if you can get it cheap.
But if you go on a productionspree you still need lots of Powerplants. In this case you could even decrease the amount of electricity used for the production of industrial & consumer goods.

Remember that all your production is changed by the locations supply%

3. yes, almost any data change needs a recache (if you just change the facilities output and make quick test, comment the OOB section in the scenario file)

..nop this game is easy to mod - see my mars mod what can be done ! (there you have real electricity issues - since almost everything needs it !)
my mods
Vonthoma
Warrant Officer

Post by Vonthoma »

moved
Vonthoma
Warrant Officer

Post by Vonthoma »

moved

Return to “Modding Show & Tell”