Modding Guide

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.
Human: Yes

Modding Guide

Post by YoMomma »

Here i will try to explain basic modding for supreme ruler ultimate.

4 Important things to know before you start.

1- Download winmerge, it is free and you can open 2 text(mod)files next to eachother and compare them or see difference between the files. This will help you and save time.

2- Copy your complete game. I have map SRU MOD with all my mods, other people mods and base games. This way you wont harm the original files.

3- Each sandbox got a scenario file. This file is modding explorer with paths to all the modding files. You can find these files in the map 'sandbox' and 'multiplayer'.

So if you want to change something it is a good idea to copy the files you want to mod to a new map. Rename the files as you like and make the correct names in the scenaro file. This way you are sure not to harm the original files, altho it is a backup anyway. If you do something wrong you might get an error when caching and if you can not find the error you might loose all your work.

4- Building cache. After changes you need to make a cache. Make sure your modding files are in the game directory in the right maps.
- If you named your mod (scenario file) then you dont need to remove cache file for your first cache. So simply start up a game of your mod.
- Now you have to wait about 10-30 minutes (depends on your computer). Nothing seems to be going on, but it is building cache.
- After you returned to main menu the cache is done. You can find it in your save files. In the scenario file you can find the name of the save file, make sure it is correct name, so remove cached_ from the file name.
- Now put it in the cache folder.
- Start up your game and your finished and should see the changes you made.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”