Changing Unit Size to Brigades

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

thundercat
Corporal
Human: Yes

Changing Unit Size to Brigades

Post by thundercat »

Hey guys. Ive just joined here. I just want to make a mod for myself.

Yes im a noob. I SURRENDER.

The battalions are too many and really hard to manage. I understand that developers are really into battalions but hey, thats my opinion only. I want to increase the battalion properties 4x times so they behave like brigades. Only relevant things like manufacturing goods, time, weight, defensiveness, attack power etc. Will reduce my game lag also.

Now problems. SRU default.unit cant be edited by MS excel. So no changes of unit deta. Help?

Other things I want to do.

1. Change 7x units to 2x units per hex. (As 4x sixe for a unit)
2. Change unit size reduced further 50%
3. Units in hex will not stack, rather co exist.
4. All country unit numbers will reduce by 4 (as brigades are in motion.)

I understand absolutely absurd recon brigades, but im ready to live with that.

Thanks in advance.
Nerei
General

Re: Changing Unit Size to Brigades

Post by Nerei »

You should be able to open default.unit with something as simple as notepad though I highly recommend not using that program on large documents (default.unit is something like 150+ pages of text). It really does not work that well on them.
If you are on windows something like notepad++ is a good option. On a Mac the default text editor TextEdit also works fine.

Open Office can also read the documents just fine and if you rename it to say default.csv you should be able to open it as an open office spreadsheet where you can set to to work as cells just like in excel. I have however not tested if saving the file works and if any unit names contain commas it might mess things up in a spreadsheet.
thundercat
Corporal

Post by thundercat »

Thanks. Man that's really great. Im gonna try it soon. Its definitely gonna be a lot of work to adjust all the values. Any idea where I can find the file to change unit numbers for countries in scenarios? Like changing number of inf for us from 1200 to 300?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

I think this will be mostly impossible (change to brigades), but the files you asking for are in maps/orbats.
Gameplay 1st
thundercat
Corporal

Post by thundercat »

Thanks man. Going to make a try.
Perky_Goth
Private

Post by Perky_Goth »

Hey, any luck doing this? I think (not sure yet) I'll want to do the same, but with a script so that I can do it to any scenario. My intention is to lower the focus on battles and make some general geopolitical events. If I get the motivation, since I'll probably need to create some editors for this...

So, any general comments on what you've gathered?

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”