SRU: Cold War 1991 new version v1.1 (End of an Era Sub Mod)

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

BlackEagle
Captain
Human: Yes

SRU: Cold War 1991 new version v1.1 (End of an Era Sub Mod)

Post by BlackEagle »

SRU: Cold War 1991 v1.1 - an End of an Era Sub Mod

This is an alternative history mod, where the Soviet Union did not colapse. Following Mikhail Gorbachov's policies of 'Perestroika' and 'Glasnost', he was deposed by the Central Commitee as General Secretary of the CPSU and substituted by Yegor Ligachov. After that History evolved in a very different way. Altough economic problems persisted, the country survived and the Berlin Wall and Warsaw Pact too. This mod starts on the 1st of January of 1991 and Cold War will endure as long as both the Soviet Union and the United States continue to see themselves as enemies. And in order to gain advantage over the other they must strengthen their spheres of influence, either directly or through proxies.

Mod Features:

- extented and improved unit list for the Soviet Union;
- Used the available Soviet/Russian models from Nerei (http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewtopi ... 79&t=25209);
- the tech tree is the default from SRU but with some changes in order to give more significance to some techs and to be able to have all the races working;
- compatible unit list with the tech list;
- updated available techs for all countries;
- event files are updated, with all (i hope) the rebel factions working and added the Sahara rebels;
- added some events to make the mod playable longuer;
- minor economy changes;
- and other small changes.

Known issues and planned improvements:

- cannot make ColdWar1991-Text.csv file to work;
- add more events;
- add missing leader pictures;

This is a early version, so I need your suggestions to improve the mod in the next update. I have tested the game, but not for a long time and not with many countries. Your experience is important and I hope you like it.

Cold War 1991 v1.1(It works with the latest version of SRU):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4iytdryl84tgr ... 1.rar?dl=0

Corrected features:

- changed capital of West Germany to Bonn;
- corrected the carriers problem (this time for all nations);
- updated unit list;
- updated soviet orbat;
- infantry free version (this is a lighter version that solves the lag problem);
- corrected pirates event;
- improved tech tree;
- no more wars against ghost factions;
- Portugal/Spain no longer at war with every rebel or liberated nations;
- ministers won't scrap units no more;
- corrected country flags;
- added more leaders and pictures for them;
Last edited by BlackEagle on Apr 09 2018, edited 10 times in total.
Favilin
Warrant Officer

Re: SRU: Cold War 1991 (End of an Era Sub Mod)

Post by Favilin »

Mod perfect, but I can not play because the game closes "app crash" or the same error occurs in save. I ask you to fix it please to enjoy this perfect mod that portrays the end of the cold war ... Greetings from Brazil and success (Sorry my bad english)

-Fix Su-27, Su-35, Su-27m3 Interceptor class
-Fix Rafale Ground attacks and Air Values
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

I've been testing the mod and i did't find the saving problem. I forgot to mention in the main post that this mod was done to the SRU 9.0.73, the Trump DLC. If you are running an earlier version that might be the problem. But I think that if you create a new cache the problem might be solved. Here you have the instructions to create a new cache:

http://www.supremewiki.com/node/14

About the Su-27, Su-35 and Su-27M3, I kept them in the multirole function because only the earlier Su-27 version worked as a pure interceptor, so I can change it. But all the following versions are multi funcional, being able to perform both in interceptor or tactical roles and carrying many types of weapons and missiles. Today there are few pure interceptors being the Mig-31 and F-22 the best examples. I will also take a look at Rafale values.
scougys
Warrant Officer

Post by scougys »

any update?
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

I'm currently testing and collecting issues to make a new update. I'm also waiting for players feedback on their experience or other suggestions, so I can make broader changes.
Favilin
Warrant Officer

Post by Favilin »

Hi, how are you? Ever said that your mod is great, just that I like to play with South America in a single country and attach it manually Delays and consumes resources Could you make a version with South America just a country for me? Could I use the Brazilian technological tree or whatever ... It would be a great favor, hugs
scougys
Warrant Officer

Post by scougys »

nice :)

by the way, why no have any carrier(i mean super carrier, not LHD ship) in USA navy? (sry for my bad eng)
like a nimitz or enterprise
and i think need more armors (infantry rate high)

and crashing issue
mod load -> start -> crashing(sometimes) -> mod re load -> play

sry for my bad eng |O
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

I've corrected all the issues that I found until now, except one that relates with Portugal and Spain being at war with all the rebel factions. I also noted that when i liberate a country after defeating it, Portugal and Spain will be at war with it. But I cannot find the source of this problem. If someone has any idea, please help me.

I'll wait a bit more for feedback, testing and change some more things before posting an updated version.

Scougys:

The carriers problem is corrected, but what do you mean by more armor? the units that each country have at the start of the game represent, more or less, the ones that they had by 1991.

About the crashing problem I never noticed it in my testing. Are you running the latest version of the game?

Favilin:

I can change the files and then you can create the new cache for it, if you want.

I took a look at Rafale and I found that its values of mid-air attack were exaggerated, but the rest was okay for its year and comparing with other fighters. About the Su-27 it is now an interceptor.
Breznev
Lieutenant

Post by Breznev »

BlackEagle wrote:SRU: Cold War 1991 - an End of an Era Sub Mod

This is an alternative history mod, where the Soviet Union did not colapse. Following Mikhail Gorbachov's policies of 'Perestroika' and 'Glasnost', he was deposed by the Central Commitee as General Secretary of the CPSU and substituted by Yegor Ligachov. After that History evolved in a very different way. Altough economic problems persisted, the country survived and the Berlin Wall and Warsaw Pact too. This mod starts on the 1st of January of 1991 and Cold War will endure as long as both the Soviet Union and the United States continue to see themselves as enemies. And in order to gain advantage over the other they must strengthen their spheres of influence, either directly or through proxies.

Mod Features:

- extented and improved unit list for the Soviet Union;
- the tech tree is the default from SRU but with some changes in order to give more significance to some techs and to be able to have all the races working;
- compatible unit list with the tech list;
- updated available techs for all countries;
- event files are updated, with all (i hope) the rebel factions working and added the Sahara rebels;
- added some events to make the mod playable longuer;
- minor economy changes;
- and other small changes.

Known issues and planned improvements:

- cannot make ColdWar1991-Text.csv file to work;
- create a scenario without all the infantry in the orbats;
- add more events.

This is a BETA version, so I need your suggestions to improve the mod in the next release. I have tested the game, but not for a long time and not with many countries. Your experience is important and I hope you like it.

Dowload of Cold War 1991 BETA version (It works with SRU 9.0.73):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/go6pcj7v3oc3 ... Dvdua?dl=0

HI thx for this mod :-) ,but there are some problem :(
when i play as iraq or as one of country middleast the game much laaag :'( :(
and i cant play :oops: :oops: plz fix it
Favilin
Warrant Officer

Post by Favilin »

BlackEagle wrote:I've corrected all the issues that I found until now, except one that relates with Portugal and Spain being at war with all the rebel factions. I also noted that when i liberate a country after defeating it, Portugal and Spain will be at war with it. But I cannot find the source of this problem. If someone has any idea, please help me.

I'll wait a bit more for feedback, testing and change some more things before posting an updated version.

Scougys:

The carriers problem is corrected, but what do you mean by more armor? the units that each country have at the start of the game represent, more or less, the ones that they had by 1991.

About the crashing problem I never noticed it in my testing. Are you running the latest version of the game?

Favilin:

I can change the files and then you can create the new cache for it, if you want.

I took a look at Rafale and I found that its values of mid-air attack were exaggerated, but the rest was okay for its year and comparing with other fighters. About the Su-27 it is now an interceptor.

Black Eagle I unfortunately do not know how to cache, the tutorial is all in English and I can not understand anything, but it's okay if I can not do it, thx :)
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

I have a new version ready to be chached. If it is all okay I'll upload it in saturday. There are some problems that persist like Spain and Portugal at war with all rebel factions, but overall the mod works and so far I've enjoyed playing the Beta version until 1995.

I've added some more new units for the Soviet Union, including a surprise that I hope will work fine (This mod is specially focused on the Soviet Union).

Breznev the lag problem that you have is related with the quantity of units in game. This time I'll upload a version of the game without so much infantry at the start, which will solve your problem ;)
Breznev
Lieutenant

Post by Breznev »

BlackEagle wrote:Breznev the lag problem that you have is related with the quantity of units in game. This time I'll upload a version of the game without so much infantry at the start, which will solve your problem ;)
Do not forget to put a picture leader for Yugoslavia and Afghanistan
leader for Yugoslavia i think at 90's is Slobodan Milošević (for information 1991 is the The beginning of the collapse of Yugoslavia , But we can add new events :wink: ) and of Afghanistan is Mohammad Najibullah
i am new in this forum and i learn some thing of modding but i can help u for history or real event 8O
As I can write you a scenario and new events
To increase the thrill of the game :lol: :lol:
but hhhhhh i cant creat a mod because i will learn it :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

Updated version is availabe now.

Breznev, in the next update I'll put the pics of the missing leaders.

If you have some events that you wish to see, just tell and I'll take a look. It's very easy to add them and at this moment the mod does not require much work from me ;)
Zuikaku
General

Post by Zuikaku »

this looks promising, I still hope for some mid cold war scenario set in the '70s or early '80s.
Please teach AI everything!
Favilin
Warrant Officer

Post by Favilin »

Zuikaku wrote:this looks promising, I still hope for some mid cold war scenario set in the '70s or early '80s.
The 70s would be perfect.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”