SRU: Cold War 1991 new version v1.1 (End of an Era Sub Mod)

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

NBC095
Corporal
Human: Yes

Re: SRU: Cold War 1991 (End of an Era Sub Mod)

Post by NBC095 »

BlackEagle wrote:The mod link is updated. Sorry for the delay.

About the mod for the 70's. I would love to see a mod for that period and work on it, but the amount of work needed would be huge, and I don't have much time right now. Besides, I've not been playing SR lately.
You made my day!!! Thank you!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Stand_Sure_Anderson
Sergeant

Post by Stand_Sure_Anderson »

BlackEagle wrote:The mod link is updated. Sorry for the delay.

About the mod for the 70's. I would love to see a mod for that period and work on it, but the amount of work needed would be huge, and I don't have much time right now. Besides, I've not been playing SR lately.
No worries bud, Life does come first :lol: and thanks for the update.
Duke of Normandy
Corporal

Post by Duke of Normandy »

Let me start by saying this is a mod that has quenched my thirst for a near-modern Cold War scenario. The single issue I have with it (aside from the missing pictures for some leaders) is the fact that the US doesn't start out with any carriers. I was hoping to jump right into the game and start sending out my Nimitz class carriers with their strike groups but I saw that there were none deployed or in reserve. Is this an easy fix that I can do myself? If not it would be the cherry on top for this mod.
qwerty2316
Sergeant

Post by qwerty2316 »

Duke of Normandy wrote:Let me start by saying this is a mod that has quenched my thirst for a near-modern Cold War scenario. The single issue I have with it (aside from the missing pictures for some leaders) is the fact that the US doesn't start out with any carriers. I was hoping to jump right into the game and start sending out my Nimitz class carriers with their strike groups but I saw that there were none deployed or in reserve. Is this an easy fix that I can do myself? If not it would be the cherry on top for this mod.
Easy? No.
However, assuming the mod has all of the files required to cache the scenario, its doable.

Go into Maps\ORBATS and open up "United_StatesH.csv".
You should be greeted by a ton of numbers arranged in two columns. The left one is the Unit ID, the right one is the number of units.
Insert a new line and put "16161" or "16105" for a Nimitz or Ike class CVN respectively. Then in the right column put whatever number of ships you want.

Of course, once you are done saving those changes you would have to cache the save file, which basically just means renaming the current ColdWar1991.SAV file to ColdWar1991_v1.SAV (found in \Cache), launching the scenario in-game (it will look like the game has stopped responding for 20-40 minutes), then grabbing the new .SAV file from your usual save folder, putting it where the file you renamed is, and renaming it to ColdWar1991.SAV.

There, you now have whatever number of carriers you want.
If you want to add units outside of those two carriers you will have to look in the .UNIT files in the Maps\DATA.

Yeah, again, not particularly easy.

An alternative is just using the "onedaybuild" cheat, but where's the fun in that?
Duke of Normandy
Corporal

qwerty2316 wrote:
Duke of Normandy wrote:Let me start by saying this is a mod that has quenched my thirst for a near-modern Cold War scenario. The single issue I have with it (aside from the missing pictures for some leaders) is the fact that the US doesn't start out with any carriers. I was hoping to jump right into the game and start sending out my Nimitz class carriers with their strike groups but I saw that there were none deployed or in reserve. Is this an easy fix that I can do myself? If not it would be the cherry on top for this mod.
Easy? No.
However, assuming the mod has all of the files required to cache the scenario, its doable.

Go into Maps\ORBATS and open up "United_StatesH.csv".
You should be greeted by a ton of numbers arranged in two columns. The left one is the Unit ID, the right one is the number of units.
Insert a new line and put "16161" or "16105" for a Nimitz or Ike class CVN respectively. Then in the right column put whatever number of ships you want.

Of course, once you are done saving those changes you would have to cache the save file, which basically just means renaming the current ColdWar1991.SAV file to ColdWar1991_v1.SAV (found in \Cache), launching the scenario in-game (it will look like the game has stopped responding for 20-40 minutes), then grabbing the new .SAV file from your usual save folder, putting it where the file you renamed is, and renaming it to ColdWar1991.SAV.

There, you now have whatever number of carriers you want.
If you want to add units outside of those two carriers you will have to look in the .UNIT files in the Maps\DATA.

Yeah, again, not particularly easy.

An alternative is just using the "onedaybuild" cheat, but where's the fun in that?
Thank you so much for the help. I might take the easy route and use the cheat just to get those Carriers. But I'll continue to look into your advice to see if I can change the armies of some armies to my liking.
Apalm
Corporal

Post by Apalm »

I Really like this mod. Great work!
Duke of Normandy
Corporal

Is anyone else having trouble deploying missiles (specifically I'm struggling to load tomahawk missiles onto destroyers that have the capacity for the size 3 missiles) ?
tilen24
Sergeant

Post by tilen24 »

Any ideas why my units keep getting scrapped? Minister is locked and also no priorities and it happens at random times
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

I'm sorry for the delay in answering, but I stopped playing SR for a long time.

About the carrier problem, I must look in to it, but I remember that I was having some problems with them being deployed from the start of the game. I thought that I had corrected it, but I'll take a look at the US.

On the missiles, when I played it, I don't remember having problems loading them. Do you still have them or has anyone had problems loading the missiles?

About the scrapping units, which country are you playing with?
tilen24
Sergeant

Post by tilen24 »

It happens while playing the Soviets.. like the minister keeps scrapping units and adding his own for some odd reason..
I disabled everything i can on him also made those units favoriate but he still deletes them.
Also i'm in constant war with no region if that makes sense lol
I'm at war with no one nation, yet still at war.
At first i thought that was intentional like an arteficial defcon or tension to exist between the Soviets and USA but only the soviets have that.
And the Spanish + Portuguese are at war with alot of ghost regions.
But mainly i'm just angry at him scrapping my VDV's, Su-34's, Su-25/39's, AN-124's, Il-76MD's, M-6 hook so i'm kinda left to supply my armies with the AN-225 also the occasional BMP-3 and some AA
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

Ok, I have some good news.

About the aircraft carriers, I found a problem and I'm going to create a new cache soon and upload a new version of the mod correcting that problem.

On the minister scraping units, select the minister priority "increase readiness" and lock the control of the minister in all other options. At least for me it worked and he stopped scraping units. I hope it works for you too.

Now, the Spanish and Portuguese at war with the dead regions, that is one hell of a problem to which I never found a solution, since the beginning of the mod. And it is a major negative point in the mod. Anyway, I'll try a new idea but I don't have much hope in solving this problem.
BlackEagle
Captain

Post by BlackEagle »

I released a new version correcting most of the problems and stuff indicated by the community, including the Portugal/Spain at war with many countries and the missing aircraft carriers. I also included Nerei's models for the Soviet/Russia units.

I hope you all like this new version!
tilen24
Sergeant

Re: SRU: Cold War 1991 new version v1.1 (End of an Era Sub Mod)

Post by tilen24 »

Sorry but Su-30, Su-35S, T-90s,T-90 and T-72b are missing their models? :P
Nerei
General

Post by Nerei »

From what I can tell those models are using late 2017 and January 2018 models.

Late 2017
download
January 2018
download

These might be rolled into the core game at some point as some previous models have been but so far they are not.

The picnums entries needs to be pasted into the default.picnums document. Other than that it should basically be drag and drop. UGBITS 7 and 8 will be overridden. That is okay as these are more up-to-date versions of them.

Late 2017 and January 2018 has to be applied in that order or their icons will break.

Also to prevent issues with model 1752 (early T-72 with ERA) you can apply this texture
download

The last single texture will override a default model (ID 871) but from what I can tell that is not used by the game and honestly is just an old version that should not be used in any case.

As mentioned in the other thread Blackeagle you are free to bundle these files.
tilen24
Sergeant

Post by tilen24 »

That was fast lol
Thx :P

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”