Sharing my Mod - need some help...

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Micheal Berg
Captain
Human: Yes

Sharing my Mod - need some help...

Post by Micheal Berg »

Hi All,

Soon, I aim to "Make Mod`s Great Again...." :lol:

Over the last couple of years, and in no small part due to this site, i have made some Mods that primarily aimed to address the following things,

1 Add Absent South African Units, spanning Cold War (SADF), and adding a lot of new and anticipated Units to the SANDF Inventory and changed some stats to existing units.

2 Changed the Picks and names of CW to that of P W Botha (Apartheid Leader of the ruling NP Party) , and TR/W2020 to Mmusi Maimane (Official Opposition Leader)

3 Changed some stats and added some units to France, UK, Spain, Italy, USA and Sweden, mostly to reflect real and projected capability's they have or will have, or units they historically supplied to South Africa. The units can only be build by RSA or by that country, or both.

Note - Please know that the units are in now way balanced... if i wanted realism, i would watch CNN...
Note - I do not have a list of all the changes, as it has been created over the last 9 Months, but i aim to compile a list as soon as i can.
Note - The Unit List is based on the second last one released... i simply do not have it in me to redo it on the new Unit list... maybe one-day...
Note - some units do not reflect in the RnD or unit Logs in the game, but can be seen and researched if you enter "cheat-allunit" (Don`t know why?)

Now, down to business. I need some guidance as to how to up-load the files to this site. I Have tried to use search functions but have not been able to find the right advice...
I am not a PC buff, so please keep instructions simple and easy.
Also, i would like to share it here as apposed to a site like Moddb.com.

Some changes in my Mod,
* Changed a lot of Pics to more accurately reflect real word units.
* SOF is very light in weight, so more aircraft can transport them. They also have Anti Air, Anti Tank, Anti Ship and Anti Sub capability.
* S-101 Heroine Class Submarines - can transport 200t (SOF capability) I transport, insert and ex-filtrate SOF anywhere on earth...(Also For French Barracuda SSN, S-97 Daphne Class SSK (RSA Fictional Unit), and S-660 Short-fin Barracuda SSK (added as it will be the new Australian Sub)
* F-145 Valour Class FFG - Can transport 200t (SOF capability) as stated above, but also have 1 Helicopter landing spot to add a ASW Heli to the ship. This i for a multitude of ships, like the D-620 and D-650 french Frigates, and the newly reviled F-3000 Belharra Class FFG.
* Added Cavello SHTT (Super Heavy Tractor Trailer) to allow me to move my Main Battle Tanks fast.
* Super Fladermuis and Kameelperd Mobile L/Range Radar units.
* Military Command and VIP Command Transport units.
* 81mm and 120mm Mortar Infantry - Airdrop/Amphibious capable units for my Para Brigade.
* Dassault-900 VIP Transport aircraft - can carry 240t, ECM, verry fast and the pick is that of the B1 bomber. (Closes i could get to VIP Jets)
* A-400/M Bear Transport Aircraft - ECM/Tanker
* EA-707 - Special Missions aircraft (240T cargo (for my VIP/Mil commanders)/AEW/EW/ABC protection, Mid Air Tanker/MAR.
* Buccaneer S-Mk.50 - Operated by SAAF during Cold War. EW/Mid air Tanker Role (Could refuel other aircraft in real life)
* Upgraded, truly Multi Role Rafale-C/M aircraft.
* Upgraded JAS-39 Gripen aircrafts (fighter/Attack/Electronic Warfare/Drone/Carrier capability variants) and much more...

Thanks,
MBerg
Nerei
General

Re: Sharing my Mod - need some help...

Post by Nerei »

Personally for sharing fairly small files (which I assume this also is) I just use dropbox as I find it easy to use and intuitive. On OS X at least it is really not much more than right clicking on a file and selecting "move to dropbox" then going to the dropbox folder right-clicking the file and selecting "copy dropbox link" which copies it to the clipboard. From there it is just pasting it into say a forum post.

You can also copy the files manually into your dropbox folder as it basically works on the principle of "if it is in this folder I upload it".
Really it just mirrors a folder on your computer onto a server from where you can grab links and share to with other people (e.g. if you delete a file in that folder from your computer it will get deleted on the server as well).

I think the free version allows something like 20GB bandwidth and 10.000 connection a day with an initial storage space of something like 2GB which should probably be plenty for most uses.

Just a quick note if you end up using it: You need to update the link on the forum if you replace the file even if you you the same name for the new file and have it at the same address as the links are unique for a given file. I found that out when dropbox kept pointing towards an old file instead of my new one.
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

Thanks Nerei, here goes...
(PS - No list of changes for now, have not had time)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c9coiruuua9w ... k-Dja?dl=0
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

Hi All,

Hope you like the changes. Feedback and suggestions is welcome.

I still want to create a Next Generation F-14 Tomcat and Harrier, as options for purchasing US units in stead of building up my own infrastructure.

I don`t normally play as the UK or Russia, but have not seen the Type-26 or the Admiral Gorshkov Frigates? If they are absent, i want to give them a go as well.
Micheal Berg
Captain

Post by Micheal Berg »

Hi All,
Hope you are enjoying the MOD.
I Did create the Next Gen F-14 and Harrier, but they are to powerful. I need to dial them down, and will then post an update.

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”