Syrian civil war minimod

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

Cdiplayer
Colonel
Human: Yes

Syrian civil war minimod

Post by Cdiplayer »

I have been a bit disappointed with this game's modeling of the Syrian civil war so far, to combat this I have decided to make my own minimod which will add correct borders, troop numbers, and new factions. These new factions include:
Federation of Northern Syria (Rojava)
Al Qaeda
Free Syrian Army
Hezbollah
and the various factions in the Yemeni and Libyan civil wars.
If anyone can link me to a source that shows somewhat accurate troop and equipment numbers that would be very helpful.
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: Syrian civil war minimod

Post by YoMomma »

Good luck man, i guess that's the hardest thing tho, figuring out the troop numbers so all those factions still have a change to survive after 2 weeks. I mean your going to get them all at war from start? I dont think there is any accurate info, so it is up to you to make the balance.

I cant do mini mods like this, where to end.. i mean theres also something called the coalition and Russia. That's alot of work to get them all at war with alliances and stuff.

I feel like the community should work together on a modern day mod, but guess that's off topic. This will be a good start tho.
Gameplay 1st
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Here's a little update on it. I am still working on the borders. I have made the FSA and ISIS slightly stronger than IRL so that they are playable.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Well, after over a year and two brain surgeries, I think its time for an update. I have reworked this mod using the map editor.
I have added Tahrir Al Sham, Rojava, and the Free Syrian Army.
I am planning on removing ISIS entirely and modeling the Iraqi-Kurdish conflict.
I will also be adding Hezbollah.
As for alliances, Turkey and the FSA will have one, Assad's government will have one with Iran, Hezbollah (when they are added), Russia, China, and North Korea, and Rojava will have some kind of agreements with Russia and the United States, not entirely sure what those agreements will be yet, probably mutual defense. If anyone wants to clue me in on Tahrir al Sham relations, let me know.
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

Just added Hezbollah. I am a bit hazy on adding units, aside from events, does anybody know how to add units to a particular nation?
canavar
Corporal

Post by canavar »

it looks awesome ı cannot wait bro.When is it going to end ?
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

canavar wrote:it looks awesome ı cannot wait bro.When is it going to end ?
The way I currently have it planned out, there is no certain end date. The war will not end until Syria is united. No matter who wins the initial war, I plan to have events scheduled out for years that will keep factions declaring war on each other until one faction emerges as the absolute winner.
canavar
Corporal

Post by canavar »

you mean it won't finish until syrian ciwil war over ? ıf can ı request for this version can you send me a link please ?
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

canavar wrote:you mean it won't finish until syrian ciwil war over ? ıf can ı request for this version can you send me a link please ?
The first public version of the mod will be available on Christmas.
canavar
Corporal

Post by canavar »

thank you I'm following
canavar
Corporal

Post by canavar »

Hey dude we're almost in christmas. When will release the first public version ?
canavar
Corporal

Post by canavar »

hey bro we're waiting :)
Cdiplayer
Colonel

Post by Cdiplayer »

canavar wrote:hey bro we're waiting :)
I could release the mod now, but I haven't finished adding the units yet so its not balanced.
canavar
Corporal

Post by canavar »

Cdiplayer wrote:
canavar wrote:hey bro we're waiting :)
I could release the mod now, but I haven't finished adding the units yet so its not balanced.
I understood but I am impatient :) Will it take a long time ?
canavar
Corporal

Post by canavar »

do we have any news ?

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”