IS this still the correct way to mod srultimate?

This forum has been archived. Please use the new modding forum. If you need to retrieve a thread from here, contact BattleGoat.

Moderators: Balthagor, BattleGoat

headbanger
Corporal
Human: Yes

IS this still the correct way to mod srultimate?

Post by headbanger »

I followed the instruction given in this video [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV2VY4oTTAM
] exactly, but the regions i added did not show up in the sandbox 1936 map.

Has the method changed for the .73 version of the game?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Re: IS this still the correct way to mod srultimate?

Post by YoMomma »

Why not first try with 1 region, see if that works. It's hard to tell what your doing wrong behind this computer you know.

You dont explain a whole lot. Tons of things can go wrong.
Gameplay 1st
headbanger
Corporal

Post by headbanger »

Bro, of course i tried it with just one region at first. i am playing as iran and i wanted saudi arabia as my region. i did exactly what it said in the video... but after the game re cached and and i replaced the newly created file, the region did not appear under my control (i started a new game after the recach)

so is this method outdated or have i missed something?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

To me the result you are getting is when you do something wrong, a typo, confliction or whatever. Only thing i can ask is did you remove Saudi Arabia from .regionincl and .csv?

I didnt even watched that video ever, but if you want my help i suggest to upload the files you modded and i will take a look.
Gameplay 1st
headbanger
Corporal

Post by headbanger »

Sorry bro, but i dont think those steps were included in the above video. can u plz give me a link where it has step by step instructions on how to add regions to your chosen country? iran in my case? i can get the region codes from this link : http://www.supremewiki.com/node/056 .... but how do make it so that the regions are actually added? i do have mod experiance from other games like RTW but i am just new to this game and am not sure what the correct method is.

side note: i am so ******* mad that i have never come across this game until a 2 weeks ago... i have been playing RTS games like CnC, Aoe, EE, EU4, RTW... but i never came across this game... this is a ******* awesome game!!!!! lol i wish i had known about it 10 years ago... u guys need better marketing people!!!!!
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

It is not that hard once you know it. But heh that's with everything :D

1. Look up region code of Saudi's
2. Go into the maps/.CVP file and go to Iran, then add region code of Saudi's under &&GROUPING
3. Go into the maps/.REGIOINCL file delete region code of Saudi's
4. Go into the sandbox/.csv file(s) this file is basicly a template for events and i think if you leave Saudi's in here there is a possibility for problems. Usually you will find 1 .csv file where it tells you all the regions (last number: 1=playable 0=no playable) and 1 .csv file with events.

If you are unsure there is more .csv files in that sandbox you can check that in the sandbox/.scenario file.

The .scenario file is basicly the main file where all the paths are to all your files.

5. Under &&SAV you rename your mod.
6. Make sure you copy all the sandbox files to multiplayer.

Then start up game. Go to your save folder and check for that name. There may be stuff added, make sure it is same name as in the .scenario file.
7. Copy the file to the cache folder in game files.
8. Have fun!

There is a little trick for fast caching but that is explained somewhere in the forum and im done typing.
Gameplay 1st
headbanger
Corporal

Post by headbanger »

I have a question about point 4:
4. Go into the sandbox/.csv file(s) this file is basicly a template for events and i think if you leave Saudi's in here there is a possibility for problems. Usually you will find 1 .csv file where it tells you all the regions (last number: 1=playable 0=no playable) and 1 .csv file with events.
i opened the file sandbox/sr1936.csv and the only line i removed was this one:

// 606, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,

but if i scroll down, i see things like this:

3072, 0, 0, 20, 0, 606, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 404, 0, 0, 0, , , , , 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, // Ibn Saud,

should i remove this line as well? i recached the game and i now control the territory of saudi, but u mentioned something about having problems with events. have i done this correctly?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

It should work without problems, just my acd that i want all files clean. I would remove it.

Glad you got it to work
Gameplay 1st
headbanger
Corporal

Post by headbanger »

Thanks for the help bro!

Also, some countries have 2 or 3 region ids like hawaii. there are two entries [1]hawaii and [2]hawaii pacific. if i wanted to add hawaii, which one do i add?
YoMomma
Brigadier Gen.

Post by YoMomma »

Multipal id's are usually because of grouped regions. For example because of colonies of Netherlands/UK/France.

If you want to add Hawai you can check under grouped regions in the .cvp file and make sure there is no confilcts with the regions already add. So usually you want the id without grouped regions if you want to add someone. But note if you want to add region you should remove it wherever it is grouped or made puppet.

It's all very easy as long you understand what is where.

I didn't check, but i guess there is 1 normal Hawai and 1 Hawai with the pacific isles. Just there if you want to make mods or new scenarios. But there is a max nr. of regions, i thought it was 255.
Gameplay 1st

Return to “Modding SRUltimate”